main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Steph Green has worked on a great number of excellent shows.

Do I see another shot of a Twi-lek?

Hm, maybe they will play an important role?

Sarge likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Will Famuyiwa be directing any of these? Seems a shame if not, as he and Chow were two of the best directors in S1 and 2.
    Same Twi’lek from the trailer. And I continue to maintain that freed Twi’lek slaves become allies of Boba’s in a common quest to upend the underworld.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Sarge and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, Chow's absence is understandable. I'm not sure about Famuyiwa.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Famuyiwa has been attached to the Children of Blood and Bone film that Lucasfilm is producing.

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    That’s great. Someone here was also recently saying that he may be directing some Andor episodes. Anyone see any convincing evidence of this?

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I can't wait to see Bryce Howard, Filoni and Roberts directing.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Holy crap, how did I not know this?! That's amazing.

InterestingLurker and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Clone wars director doing live action, good.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I hope they portray Boba Fett has, well, "flawed" and not overly-badass.

I get that that's the "point" of his character (hell, that's kinda the "point" behind his fanbase), but I'm hoping that they don't do a "re-do" of his character in the old post-ROTJ EU.

I hope that he eventually realizes that there was nothing wrong with Mace Windu killing a valid target on the battlefield, regardless if that target was his father or not.

But that would be a bit controversial among Boba Fett die-hards, I feel.

I don't know. Maybe I'm remembering the "Karen Traviss days" a bit too much.

Sarge and godisawesome like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That's a lot of quotation marks.

11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    That would be alot to ask tbh. I doubt he will ever see it from Mace's perspective.

But then Mace is long gone at this point. Unless canon changes, but hey.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Just when he thought he was out...they pulled him back in!

[​IMG]

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This will be a Star Wars show I can't refuse to watch.

14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Traviss’s issues was that she wanted to change the context around her characters - that she wanted the universe around her more amoral characters to be friendlier to them and their amoral perspective rather than have their amoral perspectives standout in a more moral universe.

If Boba is a Conan the Conqueror type anti-hero in a Galaxy where actual heroes are allowed to outshone him there, and where villains being genuinely vile is acknowledged as something that should be opposed, then he’s fine. If the story around him tries to make his more amoral choices compeleltu acceptable, and partakes in needless “equivalence” between the other heroes and the villains, that’s a problem.

Travis’s was fine for her first book, and a few after that. It only became a problem when she started trying to argue that the Sith and Jedi were the evectively the same so she could make the Mandalorians’ grey morality more acceptable… and started treating the Mandos as inherently superior combatants from some insecurity over how the Magic Space Wizards tied a morality-fueled magic to their martial superiority.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Fettfather.

Django Fett and godisawesome like this.
  16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    You can “say” that again!

17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    "You can 'say' that again"

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Who are you quoting here?

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I should have “seen” that coming.

DannyD likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Im glad we are behind the horrors of Kaven Traviss after what George did with mandos in clone wars.

godisawesome likes this.
  21. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    This reminds me of "grading" student papers.

There are two reasons to use quotation marks by the way. To, surprise, surprise, actually quote someone, but also to ironize the meaning of something; to suggest that something is the opposite of its apparent meaning.

That "poster" is sharing their "thoughts" again.

Count Yubnub and Sarge like this.
  22. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    The most interesting thing about the Disney-era, when it comes to the Mandos, is how Filoni and Favreau have been embracing a “combine all these elements as different facets of a single but by no mean rigidly homogenous culture” approach.

Because for a while there, it kept feeling like every creator who had *a* cool idea for the Mandos would disregard the previous guys’/gals’ additions and even at time disparage them; the old Marvel Mandos like Fenn Shysa were disregarded by Traviss until she could entirely redo them to suit her tastes, then Lucas ignored both for TCW.

This is also when Boba Fett started having a kind of volleyball approach to his origins - “He’s an ex-Mandalorian Protector!” “No, he’s a stormtrooper deserter!” “No, he’s a former Journeyman Protector from Concord Dawn!” “No, that was his grandfather because he’s a clone! And the other adopted grandfather was also actually a Mandalorian *and* a Journeyman Protector!” “Sure, but they were descended from Mandalorian farmers anyways, and also rustic nomads rock and cities suck!” “No, you’re all wrong! Jango wasn’t even a Mandalorian!” Etc.

Lucas’s New Mandalorian episodes of TCW even featured a Mandalorian language that was entirely different from the Traviss designed one.

Rebels was the first show to try combining two-three types of Mandos in one iteration: combining the Traviss language with the backstory and some factions from TCW, and referencing the Marvel Mandos, all while introducing the Clans and Houses. Now, with The Mandalorian, more elements of both Traviss’s type are present, and smartly packaged as fundamentalists, and it’s explicit that different Mandos have different standards for cultural identity. And Boba himself now seems to be slipping into a strong “amalgamated” origin.

I’m still hopeful we eventually see some Mandos who are very like Boba, and are basically apolitical secularists who use the armor, maybe use the alphabet, but nothing else, and who can then be definitively labeled the Mandalorian Mercs type of culture.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    new teaser, there's a lot to digest here.

-flashbacks confirmed since we see Boba in his Tusken getup
    -looks like we might see Boba take back Slave I
    -A Rebel/NR pilot being arrested by Fennec in the opening shot? Or Maybe one of those armored guys.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Looks more like one of those assassin looking guys in red.

Bor Mullet and Krueger like this.