main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    OK, that was pretty awesome. Makes me nostalgic for the AOTC teaser back in the day recut to the original Linkin Park version of this song. But this was much more impactful tied to the Clones' stories.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Give it time. The EU was around for 30 some odd years. Plenty of time for the NuCanon to get just as many Jedi Survivors.

3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    God I hope not.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just saying. 4 years of stories can't compare to 30 years of stories.
    Don't see them wanting to get rid of the Jedi dynamic in the era.

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I'd really prefer we didn't have like 30 Jedi survivors running around as late as the NR era like in Legends.

6. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I love how there's just a straight-up TARDIS console in Bombad Jedi - where Padme is being kept prisoner

Ash_Satine and darkspine10 like this.
  7. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    And in the last Doctor series is a blueprint of a ship that looks eerily like a Star Destroyer. I think it was the second episode. The placing of the reactor was in the middle of some gangways and when the Doctor went there to manipulate it it looked extremely like Obi-Wan in ANH (well, if Obi-Wan would have been doctorish) and some scenes in TCW.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Well if I happened to be a survivor of order 66 and took Obi-Wan's advice and went into survival mode I would take the first flight that I could into the Unknown Regions and not look back.

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If that had the orange tint I'd consider buying it; and I'm going to NYCC next month.

teamhansolo likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    They will probably make one to advertise the return of TCW.
    Also, intriguing.

What screening?[face_thinking]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    James Arnold Taylor confirms that the new episodes are 22 minutes as before:

There goes any prospects of extended eps adapting 4 for a full arc.

DBPirate, teamhansolo, Merric and 3 others like this.
  14. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I'll take it. I don't want Disney mucking with Lucas-era material AT ALL. Anything they release should be as close to as originally conceived as possible.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The plot points won’t change, but I think we could get a few Easter eggs for some of the new stuff

16. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    To that point, if this new batch is well received, its not hard to imagine them going back to the well for more.

17. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I fully expect them to do that honestly.

Darkslayer, TetsuAero and jedi-soon like this.
  18. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    One of my favorite elements of Star Wars is the iconography. Can anyone here point me to somewhere on the internet where I can find some high quality images of the Mortis architecture (the floor design, symbols, etc.)? The "Art of the Clone Wars" book seems to only include the film and first season.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    This can be a start.

20. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    What if Sheev isn't the one to give the order to the Clones, but Anakin? We barely see any of what he did during Order 66 in Revenge of the Sith, and it would make sense as the 332nd are still technically the 501st, just temporarily given to Ahsoka. As far as we know, Anakin never told Sheev about that, so how would he know to contact the 332nd leaders?

Would be heartbreaking to see Anakin give the order to kill Ahsoka.

I truly think that's what is going on here. In every interview so far, Dave has beat around the bush about this being the last TCW episodes, going only as far as saying "this is the end for THIS part of the Clone Wars."

Probably doing Siege of Mando and other important arcs first in case Disney pulls the plug after one season. I would easily imagine They'll allow more episodes to be made if its successful for their new streaming service.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2018
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well it might've been a heck of a lot more heartbreaking if we knew she didn't survive. I'm kind of hoping they show how she escapes Order 66 with Rex.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Personally, I'm 100% expecting this to be shown.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If that's so, it does leave the door open for other areas where a handful of Jedi *cough* Caleb Dume *cough* survived the purge.

24. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    While I love Rebels and most of what Disney and Lucasfilm have done outside the films, I kinda want TCW to stay in its own bubble. It's the only thing tied to Lucas that's still being made. Having a bunch of easter eggs thrown in to stuff that wasn't even in the thought process when these episodes wre originally written would feel weird, but that's just me.
    Plus we got to see Kanan's order 66 ordeal in his comic issues.

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I was initially excited about this. But now that Resistance looks good, and Favreau’s TV show is filming, my mind is in the future and I’d rather TCW stay in the past.

teamhansolo likes this.