main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Isn't that already the case from a certain point of view?

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, yes, from the in-universe point of view. :)

From the out-of-universe point of view, I just think it’s time to venture forward to new shows and films, rather than returning to an old one. But as a popular fan project, I’m absolutely fine with it and happy that many fans are happy. I’m just not that excited.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  3. Dapper Droid

Dapper Droid Jedi Knight

Oct 15, 2017
    At least let the show finish.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m all for it. The wind is just out of the sails for me. Hope there are some updates to the animation style, though, to keep it from looking too dated.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I am more excited for this than for Episode IX.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I was comparing it to the other TV offerings, actually. Resistance and Favreau.

7. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    My comment on 9 was unrelated to your comment. Just trying to show how into this show I still am.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    The irony of Resistance (a show based on a sequel trilogy that's a bald nostalgia grab and remake of a 40 year old trilogy and its tropes) being hailed as the "shiny new thing"...

9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Were lucky were getting new Star Wars content at all. You don't have to watch it if you don't like it, but if you want to talk about the show feel free to do so in PM or in the Resistance thread.

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm happy they got to finish those 12 episodes, it's certainly better than utter silence. Still, a part of me will always long for all for those other unproduced episodes not included in those 12 upcoming ones that we probably won't get to see for a while.

11. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I want the Vong episode purely to hear the screams of the people that hated NJO

revan772, TadoFett and Force Smuggler like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    quick I need a crash course list of the Mandalorian centric TCW episodes! Possibly the Rebels ones too. Definitely have a feeling the TV show is going to be littered with references.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    TCW, Season 2 Eps 12-14, The Mandalore Plot, Voyage of Temptation, Duchess of Mandalore. This arc sets up the New Mandalorians, Death Watch, and Satine
    Season 3 Eps 5-6, Corruption, The Academy. 2 parter focusing on how the war is affecting Mandalore, turning them to Black marketeers and corrupting the government
    Season 4 Ep 14, A Friend in Need. Shows what's happened to Death Watch since Season 2, introduced Bo-Katan
    Season 5 Eps 14-16, Eminence, Shades of Reason, The Lawless. Ties in with Maul's arc, Death Watch takes over Mandalore, splits into two factions, Satine deposed and killed
    Season 7 Eps 9-12 (only available as the Son of Dathomir Comic), The Enemy of my Enemy, A Tale of Two Apprentices, Proxy War, Showdown on Dathomir. Continues Maul and Death Watch's story, deals with the loss of the rest of the Shadow Collective, introduces Gar Saxon
    Season 8 Eps 21-23, The Siege of Mandalore (currently unreleased). Deals with Maul being deposed, the Republic intervening on Mandalore, will probably see this in the new season released online next year

Rebels Season 2 Ep 13, The Protector of Concord Dawn. Introduces Fenn Rau and his Protector faction
    Season 3 Ep 7, Imperial Supercommandos. Return of Gar Saxon working for the Empire, Fenn Rau agrees to work with Sabine and the Rebels
    Season 3 Eps 15-16, Trials of the Darksaber, Legacy of Mandalore. Sabine trains with the darksaber, reunites with her family, defeats Gar Saxon, remains with her family
    Season 4 Ep 1, Heroes of Mandalore. Bo-Katan returns, Tiber Saxon's secret weapon destroyed, Bo-Katan given darksaber to show her leadership of Mandalore

14. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016

*Slaps Spine of the book*
    This bad boy can fit so many Obitine content in it

[​IMG]

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I won't lie, that is what I was hoping the Obi Wan movie would be. Recast, tell a new, young Obi Wan story about when he was apprenticed to Qui Gonn. I hope the full story about their relationship is told in the book.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    @Darth_Accipiter

That’s a much better subject for a book. An Obi-wan live action film has got to be dark times, IMO.

That’d be a lot of screams.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    TetsuAero and teamhansolo like this.
  17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    With the Mandalorian TV Show coming up I'm starting to get my hopes up that the book will be the Obi-Wan and Satine backstory we've been waiting for since it makes sense to give us some more Mandalore history as a tie in to both that show and TCW.

TadoFett and teamhansolo like this.
  18. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Also, Isn't it set at pretty much the exact right time for that? And Claudia Gray's books almost always have romance in them, so, I'm hoping. ;)

19. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    This is a nice list, and covers all of the Mandalore content. However, I'd recommend watching all of the Maul episodes too, since those tie in heavily.

20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm just not sure what type of story there is to be told about Obi-Wan during the Dark Times. Rebels really stole the only interesting possibility that I can think of.

21. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I was thinking about this yesterday, but was there ever an idea for the Clone Wars show to show an episode of 2 of Anakin going back to Tattoonie and actually having scenes with him and Owen? Maybe have Anakin go there to get away from something big that just happened during the war (or maybe because Ashoka had just left) and Anakin is there by himself with Owen and Beru. While he is there Owen tells him how he doesn't have to be a 'slave' to the New Republic. That he can go do whatever he wants that will make him happy? Maybe even stay on Tatoonie? But then Obi Wan comes and tells Anakin about some new mission they have been assigned to.

At first Anakin doesn't want to go and Owen even trys to help defend Anakin telling Obi Wan to leave him and to go off on his adventures without Anakin, but then Anakin changes his mind (for whatever reason) and goes off with Luke.

That would be nice to have seen something between Anakin and Owen, and Owen trying to plead for him to stay. That way Obi Wans words would have more weight when he says to Luke in ANH that Owen didn't want Luke's father to go a long with Obi Wan on some crusade (forgot exact words)

Any thoughts on this?

MrDarth0 likes this.
  22. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    I ment anakin goes off with Obi wan...not luke haha.

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    That would have been interesting..especially if Owen says...or at least hints...that he knows about Anakin and Padme.

JMaster Luke likes this.
  24. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Since attack of the clones showed no scenes between anakin and owen (other then greeting) i think the clone wars would of been a good place to show owen and anakin have some moment together. Even if they make an obi wan movie it wouldnt show owen speaking to anakin. It could show owen telling obi wan that anakin shouldnt of gone off after his mothers death. If in attack of the clones there was at least some gap between anakin finding out obi wan was captured and anakin with padme taking off and leaving then you could say that maybe owen tried talking to anakin out of leaving, but the movie showed there wouldnt of been time for that. Anakin took off right away.

Anyways maybe on the clone wars show if lets say it was the anniversary of the day his mother died anakin decided to go visit her grave...maybe that could be excuse for him to.go there.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    chrcharcor2 likes this.
  25. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I really like this idea. It adds a lot of weight behind Owen's words in ANH.

chrcharcor2 and JMaster Luke like this.