main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I found an Admiral Raddus reel from the one and only Stephen Stanton...

...and also found a (great!) deleted scene. "Satine's dramatics." Maybe they'll bring this scene back for Siege of Mandalore, bcs Amedda is such a jerk, and I love it!

Bor Mullet, Snafu55 and TadoFett like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    But how much time passes between the Ahsoka leaving the Council and the scene where she shows up in the new season trailer with Bo?

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Is there anyone better than Raddus?

4. Libs

Libs Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 17, 2018
    I was BEYOND excited when I first heard the news and still am

Not too sound to harsh towards TLJ but it really killed a lot of my enthausiasm for a silly long while

And JJ is a champ but I"m even less excited about ep9 though I'm sure he'll make something up to my taste ( he nearly always does )

But a final season of TCW is going to be my big Star Wars event of this year

Can't wait! Does anybody know whether Darth Maul makes a return?

iPodwithnomusic and TetsuAero like this.
  5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Darth Maul will be returning, since one of the 3 arcs has been confirmed as The Siege of Mandalore, which features Maul's final stand on Mandalore against the Republic.

iPodwithnomusic and TetsuAero like this.
  6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I hope that some how, the powers at be, at least let Marvel and maybe Del Rey tell some of the stories that are not getting animated. I said this in the other thread, I don't want to see some of these stories locked away in a vault. They deserve to see the light of day, and knowing that they have been well written, it going to be great for canon. You know, we have 6 seasons totaling 121 episodes (108 released on cartoon network, and 13 on netflicks), and those were great, with the additional 20 released in comic book, novel, and two animatics, brings it to 141 episodes in total. These stories for a kids show, became expansive and very creative and formed the back bone of the new canon between Episode 2 and 3. It would be great to see some of the extras released on top of the season 7 stuff. It still won't answer everything as the Bounty Hunter may not get released, but I'll take it.

7. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I must admit this one did slip from my mind for a bit--pleased as I am to see it.

Eh, I've kinda had my fill of Maul after Rebels, though I know this is a different circumstance here.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If anyone is interested we're doing a complete TCW watch along (in chronological order) in the Episode IX forum starting Saturday and running all the way to May 25th (Saturdays and Sundays). It's actually an entire Saga watch along leading all the way up to Episode IX but we're now at the TCW section. Anyway, should be fun!

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Is there something I don't know about? What does TCW have to do with Episode IX?
    Edit: I see how it's involved now. You guys are doing a full marathon of the saga to include the TV series; all leading up to Episode IX.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know Today's Christian Woman (TCW) was a popular magazine among some communities in the US (until it folded in 2009), but I'm not sure what it has to do with Star Wars, why you would look at it with other people, and why you'd want to go through the entire catalog chronologically, going back to 1978. That's a lot of collective reading.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018

chrcharcor2 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    New trailer forthcoming?

chrcharcor2, Merric and cwustudent like this.
  14. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Looks like it might be the mid-season star wars resistance trailer if the comments are anything to go by. Either way, the hype is real for me.

15. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Am I the only one who thinks Disney cancelling TCw back in 2013 saved the show?

16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    How exactly? Had Disney not cancelled TCW we'd have got the rest of the seasons and the show would have ended fine in 2015.

17. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Nah, Filoni has said that a total of 8 seasons were planned with quite a bit of it already in development. Pablo said that season 7 and 8's scripts were already written before disney took over.

18. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    Remember those battles on TCW being canon or not and how TCw screwed up the lore? You rarely hear those arguments these days.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    But would the animation be top like it was with George, sure it is now but then i think like with Rebels they wanted to play a little safe with the budget.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well i think most people were okay with it as it all came from Lucas.

21. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    I heard somewhere that if TCW continued back then, then the animation would become Rebels animation and we know how people treat Rebels animation.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess and thats a reason why Filoni went along with as it wound't have been top notch. Now they may or may get all, but certanly the most important arcs.

23. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    Except it wasn't declared canon at the time until 2014 and people went nuts when it basically de-canonized the multimedia project.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But it was canon like the movies. Everything else was just fanfiction to him.

darkspine10 likes this.
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Oh no. Oh no, there was a LOT of hue and cry over every EU element that got used "incorrectly" by Lucas. Remember, back then it was GL taking the heat for "ruining" SW, before folks had Disney to kick around.