main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I won’t try to convince you about anything you’ve already seen (despite thinking Rogue One is the best Star Wars film yet). But you should watch Resistance and judge for yourself. The finale just aired and I think it’s some of the best animation LFL has produced.

2. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    That's 40 minutes of my life I'm never getting back

3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Star Wars fandom can be so delightful sometimes.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    What can you really do in forty minutes?

5. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    :) I assure you the feeling is completely mutual.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    Sometimes when I read these discussions I'm glad that the 16-years old Me put away all those books and allowed my parents way later to give them away. I've read much when I was younger (it were the follow-up books of the OT), but honestly, I can't remember much. And all the additional stuff during the PT I've never read, so I have a pretty blank slate and don't have to think about if character A was different in this or that. It's the same with the ST and me - I can simply watch them, because all my opinions, ideas and wishes for characters are so old, I can't remember them. Actually I don't want to remember anything I might have imagined. That would be the worst fanfiction ever.

Otherwise I would love to watch Resistance, but either I missed it or they've never shown it on the regular Disney here in Germany. Guess I've to wait till fall.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Quite a bit, if the Resistance finale is anything to go by. Just as good as the really good episodes of TCW, in my view.

Merric and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    I still often read the old EU stuff from time to time, and even though Republic Commando is my favourite series of novels, I don't go whining about how The Clone Wars ruined the entire history of Mandalorians [though I probably do joke about it on occasion]. I see the two as separate strands of the same period that co-exist in the same franchise. If I ever get around to watching the Solo movie, it'll be the same thing with that and the mentioned Han Solo trilogy of books.

9. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Honestly, with people talking about pirating the show because it's gonna be done by Disney and the return of the EU vs canon war related to Clone Wars Era, I now wish it didn't return and we just could use our imagination to visualize the unfinished episodes.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If people are going to pirate the show, so be it. I'm just looking forward to when it airs on Disney+ in the Fall. I haven't been this excited over anything SW related since the "Fire Across the Galaxy" episode of Rebels.

11. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Why the fork would you pirate something you like and want to see more of? I remember when Community got brought back by Yahoo! for a sixth season and everyone was so excited, and then everyone I talked to said they were pirating the show so they wouldn’t have to watch the commercials on Yahoo! and then what’s this?! The show was cancelled?! Because it wasn’t profitable?! Because those ads are how it makes a profit?! Bunch of self-sabotaging entitled fanbabies.

DBPirate, Outsourced, Jesta' and 2 others like this.
  12. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    It's because it's made by Disney and you know the relationship between Disney and Star Wars fans.

Jesta' likes this.
  13. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    If they hate Disney so much why would they want to watch it at all then?

Outsourced likes this.
  14. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    Pirating is no option for me. Yes, I did it before once or twice, but honestly? The quality is mostly horrible and I'm way too lazy to connect the laptop (or whatever) to my TV. And yes, I'm old and want to watch things in good quality on my TV because that is the reason I have this thing. I only hope that Disney won't forget that there is this silly country named Germany. Like with Resistance, which starts apparently next week at a time, that is simply horrible.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm on admin of a Studio Ghibli FB with over 15K members, and among our primary rules is that we don't condone/promote illegal streaming of the movies within the group. Every so often a member would ask if there was a site that they could watch the movies online; they'd usually say they're not in a region that has wide distribution of the movies on Blu-Ray/DVD. I sympathize with them, but I only allow for suggestions like "search Google". The moment someone posts a link to a specific site I remove it. Unfortunately, the Ghibli animated movies aren't available digitally on any legal streaming service. Ironically enough, Disney had the rights to them for awhile until Gkids took over the distribution. I'm not sure if Gkids will ever have a streaming service of their own; and even if they did, that doesn't necessarily mean that the Ghibli movies would be included.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    What do you guys think will be discussed at SWC TCW panel on April 13th?

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Do you mean besides the new episodes that will be released next Fall?

18. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    I mean they've discussed like unfinished episodes for like 3 panels since 2013 in the 2015 Anaheim panel, 201Europepe panel, and 2018 San Diego panel so a 4th panel discussing unfinished episodes would get boring.

And with like 10+ TCW actors/actresses attending SWC, something big must be announced.

Jesta' likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But they're not going to discuss unfinished episodes in this panel, are they?

Random Comments likes this.
  20. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    If they are not which I hope, it better be something good. What do you think it could be?

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Maybe The Siege of Mandalore. Maybe tie-ins to ROTS. Who knows?

22. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    The, umm, the new season they announced a while back?

23. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    For like an hour?

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, yeah. This time they’re actually going to finish some unfinished episodes, so there’s likely lots more to discuss...

Is an hour a long time? I have a geologist friend who would be very amused by your comment. :)

Jesta' and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  25. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Star Wars fandom can be so delightful sometimes.

Bor Mullet likes this.