main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I doubt it, it'll probably be too distracting considering all the stuff they have to wrap up as it is. I'll be surprised if they do get deep into the events of ROTS at all if I'm being honest.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Witwer talking about Maul apparently for the TCW finale season:

[​IMG]

Hopefully Filoni doesn't mess up like he often allows when he's not vested enough in the product and characters...we shall see.

Vialco and Jesta' like this.
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow!?! Where do you have any grounds or evidence to make such a statement? Oh yeah, your own personal opinion..... What Filoni has done with the projects he has worked on has been some of the best Star Wars content we've ever had.

4. Jesta'

Jesta' Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2017
    No baiting

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2019
  5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It has its ups and downs. But I really enjoyed it as a whole. Have you seen any of it?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2019
  6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Do we know when Season Seven of Clone Wars will debut on Disney Plus? I initially thought it would be available upon initial release, but I've heard that it'll be airing in 2020. Anyone have a concrete release date?

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Nothing officially has been set at all about the release date, which is suspicious to begin with. On top of that there are many claiming "sources" are saying it will be next year, so I would count on that. They probably haven't revealed that yet because they are trying to market Disney + streaming service in a specific way to get people to sign up right away.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Here's a question: considering the main series has been taken off of Netflix for good, does that mean that at least the first six seasons will be available on Day 1 of Disney+?

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    That hasn't been confirmed either unfortunately. I think it's obvious they'll want the whole series to be on Disney + but i think it comes down to whatever contract they had with Netflix on how long they have to wait after the contract has ended before making available somewhere else. Maybe that's why they won't have Season 7 on Disney + this year, if they want to wait for the whole series to be contractually eligible to appear on the service. Maybe it's a whole year in between, so like not until next April?

There are some weird contract stipulations out there...for the Netflix contract with the Marvel shows, Daredevil, Luke Cage, etc., after they cancelled those series with Netflix, Marvel has to wait two years before using those characters again in movies or shows according to the contract. Who knows what the deal was with Clone Wars, hopefully it's nothing crazy.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The fallacy is that Disney had absolutely nothing to do with TCW up until they took over the entire franchise.

11. Ash_Satine

Ash_Satine Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2017
    I would say that it depends? As Watto said, it depends on the contracts. And they are pretty different. Here TCW is still on Netflix, it even got a whole new logo (earlier it was only "The Clone Wars", now it is "TCW - the unfinished tales" or something like that. Sorry, I usually don't read what I'm clicking on).
    Considering that we got TCW in November 2017, I could imagine that the contract goes for two years.

12. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    At this point I feel like TCW isn't really a big priority for the Disney + streaming service compared to the live-action Marvel shows and Mandalorian.

R.D. and Jesta' like this.
  13. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    How do you figure?

14. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    TCw getting released in 2020 compared to the Mandalorian which will get released the day the streaming service is available. And Marvel at this point is Disney's crown jewel so more focus would be put onto those shows.

15. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I guess, but TCW was the first show they announced for the service, and due to how long animation takes, it's also been in development the longest.

16. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    It's funny that it takes them forever to complete 12 episodes of Clone Wars Lite, while before Lucasfilm pumped out about 2 seasons of Clone Wars each year. Really shows you the differing levels of professionalism.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Animation takes a long time. The number of episodes or seasons released in a year doesn’t say anything about how long it took to make each episode or season. And it certainly doesn’t say anything about professionalism.

Now maybe the production team was bigger during peak clone wars compared to the current team, I don’t really know?

18. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Bigger and better. They also had superior equipment.

19. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    Well that would explain why they were able to produce more episodes faster then. So nothing to do with professionalism.

20. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Clone Wars was originally announced mid-2005, and pre-production started later that year. The first episode didn't air until October 2008, over three years later.

You don't know what you're talking about. I know you're upset about a perceived tainting of something you enjoy. Fair enough. But you need to stop lashing out about it. It reflects poorly.

21. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    Rebels started pre-production in early 2013 and began production in 2014. Pre-production time matters, just not in this instance.
    When Dave Filnoi makes wild claims about how he is a "making it better", (a statement that can be argued to be subjective) when everything points to a clear downgrade in quality both in storytelling and animation, I'm not going to stand quite in corner.

The least they could do is release a collection of unused concept art, unfinished episodes, and every unmade script. Heck, that would satisfy me at this point.

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Have you actually seen anything besides the two minute trailers that have been released since last year? How do you know that "everything points to a clear downgrade in quality both in storytelling and animation" otherwise?

And then we can talk about who's the real one being subjective.

23. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    The first season of Rebels was shorter than the first season of clone wars. And Rebels had fewer character models to start with. I don’t know, it makes sense to me that clone wars would’ve taken longer.

And ‘a clear downgrade in quality’ is just an opinion. I actually prefer Rebels, both animation and story wise. I just like the characters better.

Not to turn this into a which is better discussion though. Clone Wars is fun too, and it’s great that we are getting another season, the trailer looks good to me. I think also just the fact the plan is for one more season, and only one more season, also probably means a smaller production team.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  24. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Ignore the troll and he’ll go away. At least he’ll be gone before the series is released on Disney plus due to the rediculous bet he made in the Box Office thread!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Jesta'

Jan 25, 2017
    I only said I wouldn't post in the "New Films" section if I end up incorrect.