main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    In any event, I just hope they don't do a sequel series starring the Martez sisters. I can see a giggling Filoni doing that to us - as he probably thinks those characters are brilliant.[face_nail_biting][face_cowboy]

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I actually liked the sisters especially Rafa. Good people forced to do bad things. That's a good premise for a Dark Times TV show but I think the Martez Sisters would make worse protagonists in a show because it's pretty predictable the direction the story would take. Bad Batch is marginally better as growing out of deconstructing the Clone Brotherhood thing is a more interesting place to start. I suspect we'll see the Martez Sisters in a seque anyways. It's still hard to know if the TCW sequel and spin off rumors are synonymous. Neither will be welcome by many fans.

Personally I'm hoping this rumor with Bad Batch is actually the Kashyyyk arc even if it's been pitched as a spin off pilot to get it to air. May look different if it really does cover brain chips and order 66 but maybe like with SoM the completed version will be better and will be what I need to convince me a show of these guys is what I need. Bad Batch vs Luminara... With all the other bad light she has gotten why not throw in being the one in charge of these jerks.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    No Sidious?

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    he probaly only a special came like rebels seeing as removed himself since becoming emperor.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I want the opposite. I would watch hours of Sidious cackling as he sits and glares out his window. With cutaways to cameos by everyone else. Sidious just sitting and plotting is where the action is.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    While the PT era is my favourite, I feel like a post-ROTJ animated series focused on Luke rebuilding the Jedi is overdue. It could be combined with Ahsoka and Sabine's search for Ezra and Thrawn.

cwustudent and TadoFett like this.
  7. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I agree. Some have said why bother, because we know it turns out badly. Well, the same could be said about the prequel era, and The Clone Wars turned out to be the best Star Wars content since the originals, up to that point. And they only had a few years in the timeline to play with. Imagine what you can do with a 30 year gap.

I would love if they worked with Timothy Zahn to do a retooled and updated version of the original Thrawn trilogy storyline, but updated to fit the new canon.

cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the rebels sequel or what ever can do what clone wars did for the prequels but for the sequels and it's story. Think of Luke a jedi knight soon off to rebuild the jedi order, Leia dealing with the senate and how to deal with various pirate attacks and growing crime and crime syndicates growing in power afrer the fall of the empire. Ahsoka and Sabine plus Rex going after Ezra into the unknown regions, but when finding him you find him in war with aliens like the grysk and he's with Thrawn. The rising darkness of a dead sith, with dark intensions and how to return. The creation of the first order and the final order and abduction of the galaxies young in the unknown regions. The aftermath of operation cynder. The reveal of Snoke and how he takes leadership from people like Rae Sloane.

TadoFett likes this.
  9. Durge27

Durge27 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 15, 2020
    THIS. Period.

TadoFett and Darthur C. Clarke like this.
  10. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    While I think this would be a fun thing, I think that too much has been changed from the original EU timeline to fit anything like the Thrawn Trilogy redux. It could be done, for sure, but it would be awfully badly shoehorned in, I think.

Would they make Ezra the new C'Baoth? I really don't want to see his character taken that direction. Of course, he could always be a clone......(actually, this could also double as a Snoke origin story if they wanted....)

Who would cover Mara's role in the series? Is there still room for her in the new canon?

The time of Leia's pregnancy has been covered now in Aftermath, her twin unborn children were a primary motivation for the villians in TTT. I guess it could be make into abduction attempts on Ben.

However, I think a retooling of the Hand of Thrawn duology would work wonderfully, especially with the new canon Gryysk threat out there. Or even possibly combine the two.

TadoFett likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya but with Clone Wars you had George Lucas.

cwustudent likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    And know you have Filoni so it's all good.

TadoFett likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Don’t worry I don’t think it was in their cards

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm in! And please, writers, stay focused on Ahsoka. I have more faith that she heeded the warning signs and worked to prevent history from repeating.

"At the height of [my] powers, [ I ] allowed [Snoke... No, Zombie-Palps] to rise, create the [First Order], and wipe [me] out. It was [Uncle Skywalker] who was responsible for the training and creation of [Darth Nephew]."

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    TadoFett likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can see the martez sisters appearing in post clone wars show as minor characters that Rex or other characters meet up with.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well we meet many character who don’t die in TCW after the series or at least know what happened to them

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I want to know what happenned to Cody finally if died post clone wars or if stil lives post jedi.

18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Cody's failure resulted in Vader being attached to a ventilator. I'm imagining an extended scene in ROTS:

"Apology accepted, Captain Cody."
    *Vader joins the Emperor on the bridge*

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Cody went on to enslave the Wookies.

20. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    Finally got Disney+ and finally finished the last season of the clone wars.... The last five mins are amazing.. Rex and Ashoka looking like she does at end of Rebels burying the clones and vader finding her sabre.. Absolutely beautiful

TadoFett likes this.
  21. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Rewatched Trespass and wondering why Rex and the clones are slaughtering the Talz when their blasters have Stun settings - especially after being told to not provoke them and to protect the chairman, which could've been done just as effectively without needless loss of life

TetsuAero likes this.
  22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

IMO, Darth Maul and Ahsoka are the two best characters in TCW. TCW portrayed Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme wonderfully in different ways, but seeing Maul in TCW and Rebels makes me feel a little sorry for him. I certainly don't like him or sympathize with his actions. But I understand that Palpatine abused Maul and made him this way. One of his few redeeming qualities was how he was brotherly to Savage Opress and how he wanted to convince Ahsoka and later Ezra to help him destroy the Sith. That is, he wouldn't have been successful, and he had not yet shed his Sith indoctrination. But that's what's interesting about him.

I highly recommend Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter for those who haven't read it. It was the first novel I ever read back in 2001, and it's a great one. One definitely develops respect for those Maul is pursuing. But in the end, like this song says, Maul is a "greedy little bastard." The novel Darth Plagueis pretty much says that Maul was the cheerleader of the Sith, but his level of discipline is astonishing.

I dislike Maul for killing Satyne Kryze mostly. As for his Force powers being more advanced at the end of TCW, I don't mind. The weird thing is that we all like Ahsoka, but she's wrong about Anakin, and Maul, in a way, is right. Plus, Sam Witwer's performance as Maul earned him some awards, and they were well deserved. Great vocal performance. It's funny how they tried to make Rey and Kylo Ren complex in the ST and failed, whereas Ahsoka and Maul, I would argue, are two of the best characters in all of Star Wars because of TCW and Rebels.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    So, guys, I'm going to finally watch the series finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

God help me, but I can feel the hype coursing through my veins!

:D

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That’s how I feel now. I think it would be worthwhile to see Luke in a positive light, especially if we treated such a series as standalone and didn’t touch upon his Temple’s destruction.

25. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    So, I finished the series finale (technically, the third series finale since season 5 and then season 6) for the first time and it was phenomenal. And if this post seems like a jumble of thoughts then that's because I'm still trying to give some structure to them even now.

I mean, wow. I'm still processing it, but it's definitely the best Star Wars this year, not that that's a hard moniker to attain in 2020. By far, it was Star Wars at its best. And I think that Maul, Ahsoka, and Rex really shine in it, which makes sense given how prominent they were in it. But Maul especially shined even when he had so little time involved. And I honestly think that even he got character development; not just Ahsoka and Rex, but Maul as well. Even something as simple as him being stealthy and using the Force at a level above his lightsaber skills is pretty interesting. But the fact that he managed to compose himself so well except for a few times and predicted a lot that would happen shows that he would've made a better "apprentice" than Dooku, who I still can't help but look at as nothing more than a Sith-pretender.

Ahsoka making mistakes in her judgment of the Jedi Council was also interesting. She's clearly wrong in her judgment about some of the Council's decisions. But such flaws are fine in my book and it makes sense that she would only take Anakin's side in all this. And she very probably could've intervened with Anakin, though what that would do and whether or not it would work is another matter. In addition, I was fine with her holding her own against Maul and she was clearly not used to the leadership role throughout the Siege of Mandalore.

And man, Rex... Seeing Rex "disown" (not quite, but you get the point) his brothers when they were turned into Jedi-killing machines by the biochip was great, but Ahsoka saying that they wouldn't be the ones to kill Jesse and the rest of the Clones was even better. And the moment where Rex gets the order from Darth Sidious is a great moment. So much tension in that one moment. I loved it. Really loved it. And the way that tension exploded into the ensuing firefight was great.

Also, anyone noticed the great music or what?

Aah Fisto likes this.