main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    After rewatching season six I was wondering why Dooku outfit is different in the last episode? Was it to save money by not giving him a cape?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Been rewatching Season 5 recently and it made me wish even more to see the Son of Dathomir story arc finished. It would be the perfect bridge between Maul's defeat by Palpatine and his apperance in Season 7.

Plus seeing Maul, Talzin, Dooku, Palpatine and Grievous all fighting at the same time would be amazing.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think they just wanted to spice up the character model a bit. He wears the same outfit in the Season 7 Dark Disciple animatics too, maybe they wanted a different look for those episodes too?

4. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I imagine they were trying to do a more evil look for the whole alchemy/ritual thing.

5. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    OS

6. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That's interesting, since they already had him duel without the cloak on previous occasions (example from Crisis on Naboo):
    [​IMG]

7. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Even if not the same as animation, the Son of Dathomir comics are very well done.

An arc I really want to see finished eventually is the Bounty Hunter arc with Boba and Cad Bane. I'd even like to see it in comic form, if not ever animated.

8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yeah, I'd love that.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  9. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    I real wish the show gave some lesser Jedi the spotlight more like Oppo Rancisis, Coleman Kcaj, or Sasee Tiin

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Oppo was supposed to get a story, they designed a curved hilt lightsaber for him similar to Dooku's. For Saesee Tin, I consider his scenes from the Gendy series in the Battle of Coruscant canon.

[​IMG]

"General, the ship is lost"
    "Then it's time to get a new one. Prepare to board!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    That asset was apparently made for episode 604, AKA The Big Bang (last part of the Utapau arc), in which Oppo only appears in the final council scene. Makes one wonder what role, if any, he was meant to play at some point in the early development of this arc.

12. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    What’s interesting is that Oppo was not on the council in Revenge of the Sith but was confirmed to have survived Order 66. I doubt he was removed because he has been on the council since the high republic days. The best theory I could come up with is that he left the order and became monarch on his home world.

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its possible we'll get pieces of the Bounty Hunter arc in the Bad Batch. Could then also be connected to the upcoming Book of Boba Fett.

That would still not save him from Order 66 and the wrath of the Empire. Whether he's former Jedi or no, that doesn't matter to the Empire.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  14. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Yes I know that doesn’t protect him my point was that could be why he left the Jedi council

15. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    Yes, that's exactly it. I believe it's in the trivia guide for the episode where it explains that the budget for Sacrifice was already at the limit, mentioning Yoda/Sidious' flowing robes and the fire effects for Darth Bane.

There are even a couple shots right when Yoda and co. enter where Dooku's head reverts to its pre-Nightsisters model (watch the hair). I'm sure it had fewer vectors(?) to animate and was probably less expensive.

The Senate likes this.
  16. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    - Don't shoot! I'm not the commander! He-he's the commander!

*Clone blasts the other droid*

- Guess I'm the commander now...

*Clone blasts the commander*

I can't get enough of those battle droids [face_laugh][face_love]

17. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    I forgot how great Hondo is.

I may not be as young as I once was but I am older

Insolence we are pirates we don’t even know what that means.

18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Wow the Clone Wars final season and the last 4 episodes were some of the best Star Wars I have seen period - to find out *Spoiler* where Ahsoka was in order 66 was incredible !

19. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I have been watching “THE CLONE WARS” on Disney Plus for some time. And while I find it very entertaining, I cannot help but feel that the series was basically unnecessary filler. Many claim that the series helped make the Prequel Trilogy better and easier to understand. I honestly find this argument difficult to accept.

I never had a problem with understanding the Prequel Trilogy. I find the storytelling in “THE CLONE WARS” rather ham-fisted. And I get the feeling that the series was trying to make the Clone Wars more important than it actually was in the trilogy. Considering that the leader of both sides was the same person, it is not difficult to realize that the war was basically a tool for that person to rise further in power. The Prequel Trilogy - especially “ATTACK OF THE CLONES” and “REVENGE OF THE SITH” - pretty much made that clear. Other than providing material for future Star Wars productions, I do not see the point in making a series about the Clone Wars in the first place.

If one is going to defend the existence of “THE CLONE WARS”, then Lucasfilm might as well make a series about the three-year gap between “A NEW HOPE” and “THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK”. Or better yet, regard "THE CLONE WARS" as an alternate timeline.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    naw ibo and cwustudent like this.
  20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    As I wasn't enjoying my re-watch, I took a break from it. I'm back at it, and just got through season 5. My enjoyment still isn't what it used to be, but anyway.

I just finished the Wrong Jedi arc. This may have been some of Filoni's best writing of the entire series. I think the best thing Filoni ever did for Ahsoka was having her leave the Jedi. In this arc, Ahsoka went from basically being Anakin's padawan who did cool things with a plucky attitude and a sharp tongue, to a young woman with character and integrity. This arc shows her having an increased level of self worth, and self esteem, as she comes to grips with the council's myopic views of the Jedi dogma.

Edit: Ooops, didn't mean to post this yet.

While Ahsoka's searching for the real culprit, we're privy to her journey of self exploration, and reconciliation of the conflict on whether to stay in the order or not. Filoni conveyed this without being ham handed and allowed Ahsoka's personal discoveries happen naturally. And allowed them to be displayed in very subtle but strong manner.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'd watch that! Seems like a no-brainer to me, but they let Marvel do it instead. *shrug*

MrDarth0 likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I couldn't disagree more; but I'm not going to get into a full-on argument about how I felt about the PT and how you can thank TCW for getting me interested in watching those movies once again because I know it's off-limits in here. I'll just say I'm glad everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  23. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I view it this way: all you really need to know about The Clone Wars for the Skywalker-starring storyline is in AOTC and ROTS... but the prerogative of increasing lore and mythos within the franchise is better served by TCW existing.

There also *is* an element of selling Anakin as a heroic character to the masses and his friends in greater focus, and in creating an entire side-conflict and major character that now matters to other material to a much greater degree (the Maul and Mandalorian theater, and Ahsoka's survival.)

Personally ... I find the side conflict more immediately engaging for its own sake, and the finale arc basically represents an entirely different myth arc from the movies.

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I just feel as though TCW absolutely supported and even promoted the PT. And of course the last season with SOM sealed everything together in a nice little bow.

Slater and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I mean, Lucas himself thought that stuff needed to expanded on, which is why he created TCW.

I wonder less about Lucas's ideas for the ST than what his ideas for the PT would be if he had a do-over. TCW's very existence suggests at least two things: he would have restructured it to give more weight to the Clone Wars, and Maul would have survived TPM. Less definitively, Ahsoka might've even been in it.