main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if they wanted to do a lost missions 2 and this time they could go for 4-5 arcs, with 20 episodes only the most important ones like dark desciples, then you have 3 other arcs unless you do a mini series or two movies out of it.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I hope this means they are finishing the other arcs and are going to complete The Clone Wars

3. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    I’ve always hated how everyone thinks that they’re just droids, too.
    I agree about how the episodes weren’t that bad. I feel like most of the episodes were pretty good. The only ones I really didn’t like was the Water wars arc at the start of season 4.

If they do, I hope they also make Maul son of Dathomir.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2021
    Erkan12, SeparatistFan and cwustudent like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maul son of dathomir was considered in season 7 of clone wars by Filoni, but he could only do 12 episodes as they were unsure how big it would be. And now with how season 7 went they now see and maybe more can be done.

5. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    I’d be made up if they animated Son of Dathomir, plus some got cut from the comic such as Quinlan Vos so they could do the story more justice with an animated adaption.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I hate to be that guy, but don't get your hopes up for more TCW. The show ended last year, and I highly doubt they'll want to revisit it. Especially now that The Bad Batch - a direct sequel - is coming out.

Riv_Shiel and Aah Fisto like this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I this this is some time off, maybe 2-3 years away, I think this new thing with Anakin will be either clone wars or something new.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Or it's just something akin to Forces of Destiny.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Then i think it be just something i work on like he did a few years ago with Ashely, but this time he being cagey and top secret, and it is lucasfilm animation so it ain't vision and doubt small like forces of desteny. It's the way talks about it that makes me think off another animated show, and we know bad batch aint the only one being worked on. I think with popular Anakin is among the fandom, it's not really hard to imagine they want to more things with him.

10. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    The inconsistent way droids are handled throughout the franchise always kind of bugged me. Sometimes they are essentially people and killing one or leaving one to "die" equates to murder and other times their demises are caused with impunity by our heroes, often accompanied by humour. It leaves me confused about how I'm supposed to feel about droids.

One of the most jarring examples is when Sabine and Ketsu blow up a shuttle with an innocent pilot droid in it on the episode "Blood Sisters". And yet if someone were to shoot R2-D2, they would be considered a monster. Just replace the pilot droid with a human and suddenly Sabine and Ketsu's action is reprehensible.

The concept of R2 gaining his personality through Anakin refusing to wipe his memory makes me wonder though... do droids also gain their "personhood" when they don't have their memories wiped? And is memory wiping standard procedure even outside of the Jedi Order and the military so that most droids we meet in Star Wars shouldn't be considered "people"? Maybe I'm overthinking this. :confused:

Seerow and cwustudent like this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin voice overs by Matt could also have to do with Echo, the Bad Batch, and Rex. He has more friends than Ahsoka. There is plenty of mileage for flashbacks. Or just some more sad stuff for Rex.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I just don't see them having flashbacks with Anakin or has him as hologram witch would just copy what rebels did. I think something new animation is afoot.

13. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Regarding Matt Lanter coming back, I think I'd put my money on Visions. It's going to be an anthology show, so it could explore all kinds of topics and eras. Anakin is one of the most important characters in Star Wars, so I could easily see him being a part of one of the short films.

I want it to be more TCW because there are still some loose ends that keep it from feeling like a complete story (not including story reels, novel/comic adaptations etc.). I'm going to temper my hopes for this because I don't want to be disappointed, but I also think it's perfectly possible that they might do more TCW at some point in the future. Yes, they're moving on and doing The Bad Batch, but there's also a zillion projects in the works all over the timeline. What's one more? If there can be a Rogue One prequel (a prequel of a prequel :p), there can be more TCW.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We know it won't be visions as lucasfilm aint the one who is making it, and his project is done by lucasfilm, also more clone wars can be done with lost missions two or animated movies now. Also they can go with between TPM and ATOC, and force ghost Anakin in an animated project.

15. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    You are supposed to feel for them and respect them. The idea that they are more than their programing is all over Star Wars. Think about all those droid episodes in The Clone Wars, they were precisely about that, especially the infamous S05 Sunny Day in the Void arc, which is very thematically relevant to TCW and SW as a whole, with themes of training vs programming, overcoming programming, adapting and trusting instincts, losing and regaining identity, and so on. No wonder it's Lucas' favorite episode. During Order 66, who helps Ahsoka and Rex? Droids. When the clones turned from people into mindless machines, actual machines, droids, helped them. Without droids they would be dead.
    So this is all thematically relevant and interconnected, since the very first Star Wars film. The Clone Wars, droids, clones, inhibitor chips, Anakin losing his humanity and becoming part-machine, and so on.
    In every saga film, at least the original six, R2 and C3PO played a prominent role, and they were the true unsung heroes, who always saved our protagonists time and time again. There is certainly some level of discrimination towards droids in SW universe. Remember the infamous "We don't serve their kind here" in SW77, and also droids being tortured in RotJ.
    Regarding memory wipes and personality, it's hard to say. Sure, you could say some factory new droid, or the one that had his memory wiped, is not as "human" as R2, but given what we know about the state of droid's intelligence in Star Wars - all droids are capable of becoming as "human" as R2.

Seerow likes this.
  16. SeparatistFan

Oct 19, 2012
    It does add more to the speculation of them completing the Crystal Crisis reels, first we had the new Grievous model and now we have Lanter teasing more Anakin in animation.

17. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    As much as I love TCW, I don't think they'll finish the episodes, but lets hope for the best!

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The infamous season 5 droid arc was pretty much that season's Clone arc although a "Sunny Day in a Void" in my opinion wasn't just looney tunes. That episode does tackle training vs programming, adaption vs what is ingrained as you mentioned but also goes into the realm of mortality vs immortality with the droids being biologically immortal, unlike their amphibian commander who loses all sanity thinking he is going to die of exposure and dehydration in the near term. Gregor then definitely ties it in. One issue I take with Rebels is "Missing in Action" would have carried a lot better if Gregor had really died since he was pretty much the exact opposite of Cut Lawquane in "The Deserter". Even with amnesia, that guy was still driven by ingrained loyalty and programming to follow orders from a fake General in the form of his boss at the diner. Then after regaining his memories went right back out to die for the Republic. Gascon was an end justifies means kind of guy, a fair-weather friend for the majority of the droid arc. He really didn't treat Gregor differently than the droids It took one more episode for him to see the droids as the real heroes and not appliances. We needed to see a clone like that. He still seems to have suffered a tragic amount of head trauma. Those two episodes are actually really good taken together. I was that person who gave "A Sunny Day in a Void" a 10. The beginning and end of that arc are what really make it difficult to sit through for me. Its interesting the scrapped R2/ Rex arc would have ended up on Ryloth's moon, close proximity to another pair of sacrifices for the republic. Captain Keeli and Ima-Gun-Di's deaths were earlier on the planet, a bog-standard Clone Trooper and run of the mill but heroic Jedi who sacrificed themselves as they were pretty much expected to.

The season 6 Order 66 arc takes time in the first couple episodes to come back to contrast these things this time with an innocent little medical droid manipulated by a genuine free-thinking clone. Domino Squad as a whole served as the real backbone of the Clones' overarching while Rex was the primary point of view character. Fives even makes friends with AZ and seems to humanize him later on. Maybe a bit of Anakin that rubbed off on Fives. Fives seems to have idolized Anakin. Sadly both clone and droid met their end. We'll never know if AZ was just wiped as stated or the Kaminoans decided to scrap him unless he pops up in Bad Batch.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    silentfault and darkspine10 like this.
  19. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Finally decided to get around to watching Clone Wars, I’m on 4x9 right now, thoroughly enjoyed the “arc focused” episodes in Season 3.

Liking the emphasis on the Clone characters in Season 4 so far. Definitely seems to keep getting better as the seasons go on.

20. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    It's great that you started watching it! Correct me if I'm wrong, but 4x9 is part of the Umbara arc, isn't it? That was one of my favourites. I agree, the clones are awesome.

JFettG likes this.
  21. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I’m very happy I finally decided to pull the trigger on watching it. The mythology building and character beats are pretty fantastic, after the first couple seasons.

And it is part of the Umbara arc. So good so far.

Really excited to get to the Maul stuff.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    I actually loved the first couple seasons (well, all the seasons). I know some people don't like them, but they aren't as bad as everyone says.

The Maul stuff is amazing. He's one of my favourite characters.

JFettG and cwustudent like this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's all great. I like all the seasons and even have more of an appreciation for the political episodes in season 3 than I'm used to. Season 5 can be challenging for me until I get to the Maul stuff. But I think a lot of fans aren't as hard on the Onderon arc as I am and had more fun with the Youngling arc than I did. That's one of the great things about this show, everyone's experience with it is different. It made me a Clone fan which I never would have imagined when I started watching.

DarkRula, JFettG, darkspine10 and 2 others like this.
  24. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    I still don't care for the politics. I liked the Onderon and Youngling arcs. This is probably a very unpopular opinion, but I loved the droid arc. It was hilarious.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Actually, I really like "A Sunny Day in the Void" and "Missing in Action". I like the S5 droid arc as a whole better than Onderon and the Youngling arc. How is that for an unpopular opinion? Onderon was wasted potential and it ruined "Heroes on Both Sides" in my opinion. I just find the Youngling arc boring and it was hard to get attached to the little guys knowing what was coming. For what it's worth I like "Evil Plans", "Mercy Mission" and "Nomad Droids" so I never had a problem with the droid episodes.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    fett 4, TCF-1138 and darkspine10 like this.