main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I am finally watching The Final Season.

I just watched The Bad Batch arc & I loved them. I don't care much for anything new Disney's really doing, but that arc was amazing enough it makes me want to want to check out The Bad Batch show someday. It's one of my favorite arcs in the whole series, maybe my favorite. It hit in a way previous TCW episodes didn't. It felt grittier somehow, the Batch reminded me of the multimedia ARC Troopers I adored, just Anakin & Obi-Wan, big battles, etc. I also don't know if it's b/c they had different writers? Or a bit longer episodes allowing them to 'pace' it a bit better?

On to Ahsoka arc

Maybe someday they will!
    Disney's doing bunch of things set in the Dark Times/Purge era, so there's that. Also bunch of Legends stuff too :)

About Rebels:
    The original concept for TCW show was just to follow a small crew - similar to the Ghost's crew - and not to focus on the big characters. So I think that's why Rebels did what it did - it wanted to re-explore that concept. W/ a smaller crew, they're able to do more original characters. Also, the first couple seasons of Rebels did feel very limited, but I felt the final couple seasons were able to get more galactic in scope when they start working w/ the Alliance more directly.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I am watching a bunch of episodes, including some I haven’t watched since they were first aired.

And so I watched “Hunt for Ziro.” Man, I don’t remember laughing that hard at the Ziro/Sy Snootles scenes back when it was first aired. Wonderful stuff! Probably the hardest I’ve ever laughed at anything Star Wars.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  3. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    That was one of my favourite episodes, but it had more to do with Quinlan Vos being in it.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

It is truly heartbreaking that Ahsoka never got to see Plo Koon after leaving the order (as far as we know, could be that they saw each other again before order 66). I really, really appreciated how The Clone Wars expanded on the character of Plo Koon, he was quite possibly one of my favourite characters alongside Anakin and Ahsoka.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Plo Koon was the only one other than Anakin that sided with Ahsoka when she was framed. An important friend. However, he was standing with the rest of the council when they tried to make up for it by Knighting Ahsoka. Plo wasn't without a role in eroding Anakin's trust in the council. He stepped on Anakin's toes a few times in regards to his Padawan's safety.

I often fanon Obi-wan sat the fence during Ahsoka's Fugitive arc because it happened right after the Maul arc in season 5. Like, Obi was still dealing with the sharp end of what happened there and just wasn't at the top of his game.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Devizz and Destiny975 like this.
  6. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    This part bothered me a lot. I always thought that Obi-Wan should have tried harder to help Ahsoka. I don't think the Maul thing is a good enough excuse.

7. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I was always baffled as to why he never brought up the fact that Ventress saved his life from Maul and Savage. Did he ever tell the Council about that? I don't even remember it being mentioned in Dark Disciple, at least never explicitly.

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Why did he need to tell them any more than Maul escaped?

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    At the time, he didn't. But when the Jedi were deliberating what to do with Ahsoka, her working with Ventress was used against her. Obi-Wan could've brought up that there was a precedent for it already.

Destiny975 likes this.
  10. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    He also could have tried to clear Ventress's name.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The thing is Ventress had her own agenda when she helped Obi-wan escape. Sure she was playing the gig of a Bounty Hunter just trying to make a living but she decided to come after Savage just as much for revenge. They part on better terms but Ventress is hardly someone trustworthy and anything else she did between then the end of season 5 are not things the council should know.

It's still a better question why Obi-wan did so little on Ahsoka's fugitive arc. He really does seem distant and disinterested in that arc which is strange. Could say Obi-wan was trying not to pick sides to stay out of it, but he still offers some opinions. It's not one of his better moments either way. More reason why I fanon this arc taking place immediately after the season 5 Mandalore arc. Obi-wan trying to follow through with what Bo-Katan asked him. There are even a lot of General Kenobi's 212th Clones around when Anakin and Ahsoka are investigating the bombing which suggested Obi-wan was either coming back from a random mission or maybe gearing up to go somewhere. But that was all interrupted by what came next.

Destiny975 likes this.
  12. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Obi-Wan never goes against the will of council. Ever since The Phantom Menace he was saying: "Do not defy the council, Master, not again."
    In case of Ahsoka, he was against expelling her and giving her to the authorities when Tarkin insisted.

He was visibly concerned on both trials.

Also, notice the look Anakin gives to Obi-Wan after saying: "You've already made your decision, haven't you? This meeting is just a formality!" He will give him the exact same look when they will deny him the rank of Master in Revenge of the Sith, and just like here Obi-Wan will just turn away. It all feeds into Anakin's "Obi-Wan and the council don't trust me."
    Obi-Wan most certainly voted for her innocence, but Obi-Wan never dared to go against the council like Qui-Gon or Anakin.
    In Revenge of the Sith when the council tasked Anakin with spying on the Chancellor, and Anakin asked: "Why are you asking this of me?", Obi-Wan replied: "The council is asking you."
    Despite knowing that the council may be wrong, he was still going through with it.
    Obi-Wan was never a maverick his master and apprentice were, that was his weakness.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What weakness? Qui-Gon and Anakin followed the will of the Council, even when they were at odds with it. It's a matter of respect and humility, not weakness.

I think people often overlook what actually happened in that arc and what little there is to do. Ahsoka compromised herself and the Jedi Council's ability to help her when she resisted arrest and escaped.

14. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    I don't see anything wrong with her doing that. If she was arrested she would have just been tried and executed.

15. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Why is it so important to follow the will of the Council, even when one believes the Council is wrong?

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Can't deny Ahsoka deciding the take the key card and run weren't one of the dumbest things anybody has ever done the GFFA. Sure she was still facing execution at the stage and doing what she thought would work best to clear her name. It made the arc exciting but it cemented her looking guilty as hell. I think the main problem with Obi-wan's fence-sitting comes down to his underutilization in the arc which makes him look like he was intellect throttled for lack of better to do with him. Even though Obi-wan is a model Jedi there was something missing when dealing with both Anakin and Ahsoka in this arc. That may be by design since this arc was a pivot point toward Anakin's eventual fall. Really I thought this one is perhaps the only TCW arc where a four-parter could have benefited from the 5th part to allow more time for character drama because the pace is almost too breakneck. Don't get me wrong. The finale arc of TCW proper was one of the series five crowning arcs IMO.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  17. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    What was Obi-Wan supposed to do, exactly? Obi-Wan suggested that Anakin should look for Ahsoka, when Mace was going to get him off this one, because he is "emotionally attached" and he didn't trust him to "do what needs to be done." Obi-Wan expressed his opinion that they should not give her away to Tarkin. He most definitely voted for her innocence at the trial. What else did he need to do to be more "active?" Obi-Wan's character drama in this one is his struggle between the Council and what he feels is right. But this story arc is ultimately about Anakin and Ahsoka, hence it focused exclusively on them. Obi-Wan had nothing to do with it, and there was nothing more he could have done. When Ahsoka refused to come back and Anakin ran after her, Obi-Wan wanted to follow them, but Plo Koon stopped him. Because it's not his business.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, she would be able to make her case instead of compromising herself and the chances of the Jedi of helping her. Tried and executed was what ended up happening. What she did was wrong, even if one understand why she did it (she was set up).

As I've mentioned, it's a matter of respect and humility, and because the people in question are Jedi, not arrogant, rogue dissidents.

If anything, the entire premise of that arc was contrived and the actual problem of the Jedi's role in relation to the Republic and the courts is downplayed in order to favor Ahsoka.

Obi-Wan is no more of a "model Jedi" than the rest of the Council. The issue is that they are inherently in a compromised position and Ahsoka only aggravated that by escaping custody, resisting arrest and acting alone.

Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  19. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    If Ahsoka had just given up and relied on making her case, then who’s to say they would have found the evidence that lead them to Bariss ?

The cards were very heavily stacked against her and while at first all of her actions only play out to make her look more guilty to a court, it was by running away that they managed to figure out that it wasn’t actually Ahsoka who was behind everything

Destiny975 likes this.
  20. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    I agree. If she had just given up, the only way that she would have been proven innocent was if Barriss herself had admitted to doing it, which would have never happened. Also, even if the thought of giving up had occurred to her, I doubt it would have seemed like a good option to her in that time. Imagine if you were framed for a crime you didn't commit, and all your friends had turned against you, save for one. Any person would have tried to escape.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Have you ever worked in a large hierarchical organisation that values discipline?

And the Jedi are a military religious order. In those, when your superior tells you to jump, you ask how high.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  22. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    Someone complete one of the scenes for the unfinished episodes. Looks amazing.

23. NateG63

NateG63 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2021
    Hello all first time writer here I had a question for you guys? At the conclusion of the Clone Wars series when Ashoka and Maul were talking in the throne room on Mandalore and Maul asked Ashoka to join him to stop Darth Sidious, if Ashoka were to join him do you think they would be powerful enough to stop the grand plan of the sith? Sidious in the past easily defeated Maul and Savage. Do the Jedi believe Maul if he told them Palpatine was the Sith Lord and Anakin would become his new apprentice? Feel free to answer any or all the questions with any theory you might have!

24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't help but think that the rumors that we're getting more animated movies/special are true, it makes sense. TCW S7 was a success, and I find it curious how they have the new Grievous model in the new Disney+ SW intro. When the previous model was used much more in TCW. I think that they might finish stories like Crystal Crysis and adapt SOD or Dark Disciple. They've already showed that they ain't afraid of stepping on the books toes.

25. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    Powerful as in defeat him in raw combat? I think definitely not. Palpatine is ridiculously powerful.
    I think they would most definitely look into it. They already had their suspicions by the time of Revenge of the Sith with "the Dark Side of the Force surrounding the Chancellor," so having a (former) Sith Lord claiming it(always two there are, and if Maul is not the master, then he must have been an apprentice) would only confirm their fears.

Darkslayer likes this.