main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Not during this conversation, in Revenge of the Sith, where Anakin is absolutely losing it :D
    There are some heavy implications in the movie, and apparently it was in the movie originally, but Lucas cut it out, however the undertones are still there. The novelization had it, iirc.
    Clovis situation was a little glimpse of what's going to happen in the future, so it doesn't come out of nowhere.

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I watch that whole arc just for Thorn's death.

[​IMG]

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, the worst suicide mission in the GAR is Senetor Amidala's security.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021

Such a great scene, I've never seen it before. Wish they'd kept it. I love how Anakin point-blank asks Obi-Wan: "If someone said I did something like this, would you believe them?" And, of course, in Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan doesn't even consider the possibility of it being Anakin, until he sees the security hologram of him killing the Jedi. More tension between Mace and Anakin, and growing distrust between them. Also, Yoda and Anakin's interactions were always great. He was always so nice to him, and that's why Anakin first and foremost seeks Yoda's advice about his visions in Revenge of the Sith. The advice he gives him here is particularly interesting, in contrast to what he told him in Revenge of the Sith.
    And Anakin's "Every Jedi has a lightsaber" line is just so good.

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    One of my favorite deleted scenes from the Blu-Ray. But I can also see why they cut it. Having such a long deliberative scene in the middle of that prison chase kills the flow of the story. From the minute Ahsoka sees those unconscious clones, the episode stays in the moment and mostly from her POV, maintaining the unrelenting sense of blind panic and the world turning upside down with no time to think. Switching to the council room in the middle of that would take us out of that.

There are other deleted scenes I'd have liked, but rather than putting them back into this arc, I'd like to have seen a separate arc that shows these same events but from Anakin, Rex, Padme, Yoda, the Council's and even Barriss's point of view. Then we could get these other perspectives and juicy moments without disrupting the arc that already exists.

(And yes, if Filoni ever produced such a thing, I'm sure youtubers would give the two arcs the SOM/ROTS cut treatment, which I would ignore for the same reason I ignore the SOM/ROTS mashups :p)

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Fugitive arc at the end of season 5 would be a fun one to adapt into one of those turn-based novels like the Animorphs Alternamorphs books. Could do sets of them for different characters. Maybe someday we can get a movie that sort of shows a B plot around the Fugitive arc and thus another point of view.

I'd like to see a version of the Citadel Arc with the alternate ending where Tarkin kills Sobeck restoree but that would probably require the whole arc being reanimated. I wouldn't be opposed to that. Phase One Clones with Bad Batch's animation bump? One can dream.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Snafu55 likes this.
  7. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    While I agree it would be a great idea, and I would love to see it, I doubt they would ever make alternate endings of any arcs. I think there is a possibility of them writing books on the arcs from other perspectives. I think there already are actually: once, I found a young reader book on the episode Bombad Jedi. That, strangely enough, was my first exposure to the show.

8. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    So is there any reason why Ian McDiarmind didn't voice Palpatine in TCW? He didn't seem particularly busy from 08-12

9. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    Maybe he just didn’t want to. There could be plenty of reasons, him not being busy doesn’t mean that he would voice Palpatine.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He's a stage actor (and director), so even though there are gaps in his filmography, it doesn't mean he wasn't busy.

TetsuAero likes this.
  11. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Is this how Anakin and Yoda's relationship played out in "The Clone Wars"? Because this rings false to me. The one Jedi who had never expressed any faith of Anakin being the Chosen One in the PT films was Yoda. He was the last resistance to Anakin joining the Order. At least Mace saw Anakin as the Chosen One in "Attack of the Clones" and Obi-Wan in "Revenge of the Sith". I don't recall Yoda doing this or expressing any real trust in Anakin in the films. And I suspected that Anakin turned to Yoda in "Revenge of the Sith" was that he was the supreme Jedi Master on the Council and he was leery of approaching Obi-Wan for personal reasons. Come to think of it, I don't recall any friendly relationship between Anakin and Yoda by Season Four in "The Clone Wars". Did this occurred later on in the series?

This is one of the problems I have with the Clone Wars. And there are many others.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    cwustudent likes this.
  12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Anakin and Yoda have a few scenes together in Season 6's Voices, in which Anakin helps Yoda sneak away from the Temple to go follow Qui-Gon's distant message. It's quite sweet, seeing Yoda put a little trust in Anakin's rule breaking streak to help himself out for one time. I think it still meshes with the way Yoda relates to him at other times, which the show usually has as more harsh (Obi-Wan undercover arc and Ahsoka Fugitive being ones in which he most visibly argues with the council).

Destiny975 likes this.
  13. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    That was one of my favourite parts of the arc. I don't think Yoda disliked Anakin really, or distrusted him that much. I think he was just unsure about him, and it came off as something else.

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that’s a good video

Destiny975 and darkspine10 like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    As many times as I've watched, "The Citadel". I've only just noticed how Cody, the first to be unfrozen seems to get unfrozen twice. It's always been fun to watch the background when Anakin is having it out with Ahsoka for coming anyways. Where Fives seems to handle the sickness the worse and can be seen doubled over in the background. It's fortunate that one line TCW didn't seem willing to cross was completely animating someone retching.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Destiny975 likes this.
  17. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    I never noticed that. I always watched the part with Anakin and Ahsoka. I found it funny.
    I would have liked to see that.
    Doesn’t anyone find it strange that it doesn’t seem like the rest of Piell’s crew (Tarkin and the clones) weren’t interrogated, or even used as leverage to get Piell to cooperate? I’ve always wondered why.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Fives actually vomiting was not on my list of things I wanted to see. There is always The Bad Batch. Part of the fun of having kids is they get sick and they wet the bed.

We saw how that worked out. Sobek is more interested in being a sadist and torture than effectively interrogating prisoners for info even if he knew both Piell and Tarkin each had info. He was particularly fixated on proving he could break a Jedi. When Sobek captured Obi-wan, Piell, and his men. Piell by the way took it upon himself to inform Sobek everyone was willing to die for the intel and makes it clear the Clones are expendable. This immediately costs a Clone his life. But after shooting one of them in the face, Sobek just loses interest trying to interrogate that way and decides he'd rather send the whole group down to detention so he can torture them.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Destiny975 likes this.
  19. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    It's not true, that source is a fanon wiki, AKA pure made-up wish fulfilment. Anything on that wiki is explicitly 'not real', sadly.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    People have the strangest hobbies.

Destiny975 likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it is time for clone wars to rest.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Give it time. We may get some more specials which will make stuff like that look truer in the end. Until then there is more great Star Wars animation where this came from.

25. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    Does anyone else here wish that there were more episodes with just Anakin and Obi-Wan? I love Ahsoka, but I kind of wanted to see more of them together. I remember that there was a cancelled arc that would have been like that. Crystal Crisis on Utapau, I think.