main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Anakin+Obi-Wan was the least interesting dynamic of the show as far as I'm concerned. That arc would have gone straight into my skiplist.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we got good enough of Obi Wan and Anakin. and we will get more in future.

3. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I would've liked more quiet time with them being brothers, which is why I'm sad there's nothing about Anakin's apprenticeship besides a comic mini-series

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It's why i hope someday Filoni goes backwards and does aObie wan-Anakin apprentice series.

Darkslayer and Destiny975 like this.
  5. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    That would be amazing.
    Isn't there a book series about it? Jedi Quest, I think.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also Dee Bradley Baker still has work only this time he would voice the original, Jango Fett as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, maybe rival between him and Cad Bane, his friendship with Hondo and Aurra Sing. His employemnt with Dooku and kaminoans.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think more Obi-wan is always a good thing. I actually would have loved to see Obi-wan and Cody's side of the Umbara arc.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Cody was not given enough to do in the show IMO

9. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    For some reason it was mostly Rex. It doesn’t make sense how he wasn’t involved that much, especially in later seasons, even though Obi-Wan was there a lot. Is he featured prominently in any tie in novels? I’ve just started reading Labyrinth of Evil, and he’s in it a lot (in the first few chapters anyway.)

10. Co-Pilot

Co-Pilot Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    I know Filoni said in the past that he didn't want to use Cody much in the show because he didn't want the audience getting too attached to him knowing what he has to do in ROTS. I think they wanted to focus more on Rex because his status in ROTS was still up in the air. For all we knew at the time he could have died during the war or become a deserter once Order 66 happened.

But once they introduced the whole chip thing that went out the window imo. Everyone knows now that the clones didn't have a choice and were compelled to follow the order, so it's not like anyone would blame Cody any more than they blame Rex for 10 minutes he was under the influence in TCW.

11. calcmandan

calcmandan Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2012
    Any idea if season 7 is slated for dvd/blue-ray release? Maybe a full series pack?

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Count Yubnub likes this.
  12. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    I doubt it will be anytime soon, if ever. They still haven't released The Mandalorian S1 blu-ray, so I don't hold out much hope for TCW S7 either. They will have it on their streaming service for a long, long time.

13. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I'm in the middle of Season 4 of "The Clone Wars". As a show about the overall Star Wars universe, it's pretty good. It has its issues - like the portrayal of Anakin Skywalker as some Force sensitive Han Solo type. But I still think it's a pretty good series. However, I don't think "The Clone Wars" is a good narrative bridge between "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith", even though it is set between the two films. The further I get into "The Clone Wars", the more I realized that this series wasn't really needed to bridge the two films. And if I must be honest, I never needed the series to connect the two films in the first place. This series also justified my LACK OF NEED for an expansion of the Clone Wars. It seemed to me that "The Clone Wars" served better as a prequel to "The Mandalorian" and "The Bad Batch", than an extension of the Prequel Trilogy.

14. Destiny975

Jan 18, 2021
    I don't really agree with you. Despite TCW's connections to the Mandalorian and The Bad Batch (and also Rebels), the point is that it's a show about the Clone Wars - which is what was going on in the gap between AOTC and ROTS. And I think it was needed, because otherwise we'd know barely anything about that time period.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I would say the connective tissue between the TV series proves how essential they are as a backbone for the saga as a whole. The grounding pillar of the entire Saga is Anakin/ Vader in my opinion. Everything orbits him whether directly or indirectly. The Clone Wars is his show. TCW does not treat him as just another Han Solo. It portrays Anakin as the great hero and friend Obi-wan described. I think TCW is essential to understanding Anakin so it's indispensable in bridging Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. My controversial opinion of the day would be. The Clone Wars makes a better prequel for Revenge of the Sith so The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones could be skipped entirely. Not that I recommend doing so. The Clone Wars developing Anakin the Hero made me care about him. It makes his fall sadder. It makes his turn back more impactful in Return of the Jedi.

The Clone Wars was more than its name. TCW's unique anthology style is like looking out a porthole view at important events. Events told from the perspective of him. his friend and mentor Obi-wan, Ahsoka is an essential vehicle for exploring Anakin's character and the world around him through her own character arc. Domino Squad explores the clones from the moment they become cadets until their demise in the war building that point of view of the galaxy around Anakin's right-hand man, Captain Rex. The ideal clone soldier forced to continuously reevaluate himself and his loyalties while trying to stick to his own honor code.

TCW builds a world of corrupt politics. Jedi morals bending and making them easy scapegoats for Palpatine. Brutal bounty hunters and pirates preying on the weak while the Jedi are preoccupied leading an army of purpose-built soldiers so expensive people on Coruscant don't have lights to read with. The very men who are the soldiers in that army struggle with their identities, their purpose, and even their existence since many wish they never had. This is all besides the stresses of a secret marriage. It all comes together as the world around Anakin bringing out his fears and insecurities until he finally falls into the darkness behind it all.

TCW doesn't spoonfeed anything either. There are no info dumps coming like in The Bad Batch that are going to explain everything. It just assumes fans have watched the movies enough. This leaves the show uniquely open to personal interpretation and this is mine. Season 3 of TCW is where the rift really opens between Anakin and the Jedi Council. Plo Koon steps on his toes two arcs in a row starting with the Citadel Arc and the season finale. This rift starts to really pay off in season 4 when one of my favorite underrated arcs The Deception arc comes along.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  16. AEHoward33

Aug 11, 2019
    Really? "The Clone Wars" feels more like it's Ahsoka Tano's show to me, not Anakin's. And I still don't need it to understand the Prequel Trilogy or to bridge "Attack of the Clones" with "Revenge of the Sith". I have come across a good number of articles or posts that share my opinion.

In which story arc from Season 3? I don't recall this. I do recall the Jedi's suspicions of Palpatine in the "Labyrinth of Evil" novel and the first half of "Revenge of the Sith" conveying this rift.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Deception arc. The whole using Anakin to sell Obi-Wan's death for the latter's undercover mission didn't sit well with Anakin by the end.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    that was season 4.

Darkslayer and Destiny975 like this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Deception Arc is in season 4 and it's the big one that really hurt Anakin. But the first two arcs to really start building Anakin's issues with the council come toward the end of season 3. The Citadel Arc where Plo Koon covers for Ahsoka completely stepping on his toes in regards to the safety of his Padawan. Then the whole Padawan Lost two-parter Plo Koon prevents Anakin from doing anything about Ahsoka being missing. Nothing really covers the Jedi's suspicions of Palpatine until the Yoda arc in season 6, the first part of which is when the Council starts investigating Sifo-Dyas' death again.

The Clone Wars isn't needed just to understand AOTC and ROTS. What it was very good at is giving me a greater understanding and appreciation for Anakin's character. It also does a great job building and filling in the lore of this era. Ahsoka and Rex are both two of the best characters in the franchise. There are plenty of articles, Youtubers, and folks around here who will agree The Clone Wars is a fantastic addition to the franchise and the prequel era. Even if they didn't my opinion wouldn't change. I've watched this series at least four times. It's got great rewatch value for me. I consider it the greatest western action cartoon in the last 20 years.

I didn't even include Ventress and Mandalores' roles in the story in my last post. It all comes together to paint a deeper picture around Anakin's fall.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome. TCW deserves it. I'm telling you SoM is one of the best series finales ever.

22. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I really hope they get this.

Destiny975 likes this.
  23. AEHoward33

Aug 11, 2019
    Again . . . I didn't need this. There were a good number of people who made the same complaint. And Anakin in "The Clone Wars" came off as some Force sensitive Han Solo type and not the character from the movie. This is why his character struck me as a bit ham-fisted in the series to me. And this is one of my main beefs with the series.

Hey . . . I get it. Many of you loved this series. I liked it. I really did. But I didn't love it. "The Clone Wars" is not one of my favorite productions from the Star Wars saga and Lucasfilm.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    None of that had anything to do with the Council and no resentment comes out of Anakin because of those events.

Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yes, it does. Plo is a member of the council and this comes full circle in the season 5 finale. Watch the final scene of "Citadel Rescue" where Anakin asks him if he okayed Ahsoka coming on the Citadel mission. Plo takes up for her. Sure it looks sweet but not from Anakin's point of view. It can be left up to the imagination whether he did or Ahsoka just stowed away on her own. It bothers Anakin to have his toes stepped on in regards to what he thinks is safe. It's the first time TCW tackles anything like this.

In the Padawan Lost arc, Anakin spends the whole two episodes wanting desperately to search for Ahsoka and gets told no repeatedly.It did him no favors. The entire arc hurts him and serves to build up Anakin's issues episodes later expressed on Obi-wan in The Deception arc where other council members flat-out use him.

Once we get even farther than that to the season 5 finale, even though Plo Koon was arguably the only one who took Anakin and Ahsoka's side at least doubting her guilt remarking things was too convenient. Plo was among the ones involved in the scene toward the end where they tried to knight Ahsoka as an apology like it was all her big test. As I said, TCW is way more linear and connected than folks give it credit.