main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    So is Obi-Wan. Plo does nothing in the name of the Council.

The whole situation is discarded as soon as possible. Anakin doesn't dwell on it. Neither does the episode itself.

That didn't happen either. The whole point of that arc is that Anakin is put in a situation where he's forced to let go of Ahsoka, and not by someone, but by the situation itself. He leaves not because Plo Koon orders him to leave, but because he realized there's nothing more to be done. Later Plo Koon even offers him advice in order to ease his mind and accept what had just happened. The end of the arc is Anakin recognizing that message that Plo Koon had previously given.

The only arcs that serve to fuel Anakin's distrust of the Council is the Deception arc and the season 5 finale. Everything else is unrelated.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

3 siblins and master/apprentice who went different paths and it destroyed them. Each not knowing until later what happenned with the other. One Become the most evil being the galaxy has ever seen, one went itno hiding and portecting a child from danger and become old, One become a rebel and tried to help as many as she could even if there was little hope.

3. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Not while Palpatine was alive.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well to the galaxy Palpatine was just the empror while cruel and a tyrant, they didn't know he was a sith lord, unlike Darth Vader.

Destiny975 likes this.
  5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I don't think the galaxy at large knew that Vader was a Sith Lord. Or even knew what Sith Lord is. They just knew Vader is a big bad scary guy/robot and wherever he shows up, usually large numbers of people die.

6. AEHoward33

Aug 11, 2019
    I just finished watching the Season Four episode, "Massacre". It was, without a doubt, one of the dumbest episodes I have ever watched. What can one expect when General Grievous was brought into the mix?

Distrust? Because the Jedi Council didn't involve him in the plot regarding Obi-Wan's stint as a disguised assassin? Anakin simply came off as petulant, because the Council didn't involve him in the plot.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Riv_Shiel and cwustudent like this.
  7. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    I think it was more that Obi-Wan didn't involve him in the plot. I didn't feel he was petulant. His distrust was justified.

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It hurt Anakin more than anything which caused more distrust going forward. His relationship with Obi-wan never seems the same after this.

Destiny975 likes this.
  9. Destiny975

Destiny975 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2021
    We didn't see that much of his relationship with Obi-Wan after this (other than ROTS).

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The next arcs to really feature them together are briefly the Clovis arc and the Sifo Dyas episode. In that episode the banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan didn't seem very brotherly anymore. Even in the unfinished Crystal Crisis arc which gave real focus to them together and gave them some quality time seeming more brotherly things just seem off and soured. That may be one sided. In the added scene in the Bad Batch arc Obi-Wan seems complete normal and pleasant with him. He just says the wrong thing.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Destiny975 likes this.
  11. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    A win for TCW. This is fantastic. First an Annie and now an Emmy. Also Mark Hamill won an Emmy. This weekend is amazing

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I completely forgot about that.

14. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    OK, I won't read through all this yet as I still have not seen series 7, but wow wow WOW!
    Just finished series 6 !!

Pure Star Wars !!!
    Loving it!

I have to admit tho, series 1-5 had a lot of filler with quite a few great episodes in there, but has really picked up ...
    Cannot wait to start series 7, from the imdb rankings alone looks like I am in for a treat!!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  15. AEHoward33

Aug 11, 2019
    That didn't make any sense to me. Anakin went into a snit fit, because he wasn't involved in Obi-Wan's spy mission as an assassin? Why? He was no longer Obi-Wan's padawan. He had his own padawan to look after. And no one within the Order - aside from Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace - knew about the scheme. It's just a stupid reason to me for Anakin to feel distrustful toward Obi-Wan and the Council.

Alexrd, Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  16. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Is it really that hard to understand, that Anakin was upset because his best friend lied to him? Because he did not trust him? That they exploited Anakin's attachment to him, his loyalty, only to sell a reaction? If you can't understand why he was upset, you unironically don't get the character of Anakin Skywalker, I am sorry.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    poor one out for Kamino. Man I am gonna miss it

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yoda, Mace, and even best friend Obi-wan used Anakin's reaction to sell Obi-wan fake death. Anakin is not a bog-standard dogmatic Jedi. He has his issues. Anakin loved Obi-wan and losing him caused significant pain. They lied and didn't trust him enough to include him in the plan. How can he trust them the same as before? The worse thing is using Anakin played right into Palpatine's hands since that was pretty much what he wanted. Palpatine predicted their entire plan and he instigated Anakin to go take down the supposed killer Rako Hardeen.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    What is that passage from?

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's either the ROTS novel or another old CWMMP novel, I don't recall for certain.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    It's from Stover's RotS novel

Also the word "friendship" shows up a lot more than you'd think in a book about the Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker the Brave, but Foolish

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Anakin was a good friend until of course he wasn’t

23. AEHoward33

Aug 11, 2019

This is not a good excuse for Anakin's reaction. It's not. If it was okay for him to have a padawan learner, then Anakin should have been mature enough to understand that Obi-Wan was on a mission that required that very few people knew about it. Including him and other members of the Council. This is just good old fashioned spycraft. Nothing more, nothing less. Anakin getting outraged over this, considering the secrets he was keeping, is the dumbest thing ever to me. If Anakin was really that immature in his reaction to Obi-Wan's mission, then he was not mature enough to train his own padawan.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    cwustudent and Sarge like this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin's maturity is not so much. Ashoka may have been snippy in the first couple of seasons but she was a relatively advanced Padawan in terms of skill early on. The Council assigned her to Anakin in a gambit to mature him and teach him to let go when her training finished. That doesn't go the plan. Anakin had a lot of issues. He was going to take a dim view to getting used by Yoda and Mace to sell Obi-wan's death because the latter was his friend and mentor. Anakin is just not detached as he should be. He's painfully human. It hurt him.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Anakin had every right to react the way he did. Manipulating people's emotions, as Obi-Wan admitted they did, is NOT cool. Especially when it's your best friend pretending he died right in front of you.