main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't think I was ever disappointed by the animation, specially when there was nothing else on TV with that quality or better to compare it to.

I could see being disappointed with the movie in theaters, since not many people knew that it was just a handful of episodes from the TV series put together.

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwarscelebration.com/en-us/panels/panel-information.html

Clone Wars - 15 Year Anniversary Panel [Streaming to Twin Suns Stage]
    Sat, Apr 8, 2023 • 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
    Join Dave Filoni, Athena Portillo, Matthew Wood, Dee Bradley Baker, Ashley Eckstein, Matt Lanter and James Arnold Taylor for a look back at the beginning of Lucasfilm Animation and how Star Wars: The Clone Wars came to be.

3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Well, I know what panel I'm going to.

4. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Had to be on one of the two days I don't have tickets for.

Hopefully it's on the livestream.

5. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    I think season 1 is greatly underrated. A lot of the arcs draw on the style of the prequel films more than later stuff. The mercy mission is a favourite of mine.

I agree that the arcs were often too long, but compared to nowadays it’s refreshing to watch a show that had too much as opposed to too little

6. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I've just been rewatching season 1 and it's just as much fun as I remember it being. Trespass has aged fantastically.

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Compared to what's being done nowadays with Star Wars, even the episodes that weren't that interesting at the time are worth revisiting. I've particularly enjoyed rewatching the political episodes like Senate Spy, Senate Murders, Pursuit of Peace, etc. Senate Murders in particular was great.

8. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I randomly decided to re-watch the TCW series finale arc tonight and I wasn't emotionally prepared for it. It still completely destroys me. :_|

9. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm rewatching with someone who hasn't seen the show and I'm very interested to see what they think of how it all ends. They're not very familiar with the prequels so order 66 might come as a complete suprise.

SateleNovelist11 and cwustudent like this.
  10. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Some previously unseen concept art from one of the artists who worked on the show:

Interesting how far ahead into production the show always was. Season 3 Ahsoka was designed in 2009, when Season 1 was airing.

These ones are incredible. Designed all the way back in 2010, and the Onderon arc premiered in 2012.

I really wish they could just make The Art of The Clone Wars for seasons 2-7. The first book only covers the feature film and the first season. With how popular the show always was, it is mind-boggling that this hasn't been done yet.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Production (writing, early concepts) was always three years ahead. For instance, what we saw in 2008 began production in 2005, and so on.

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    My gf is in Sweden for her PhD research, and she said, "Watch some TCW." So, I've been watching Season 5. Planning on watching Seasons 6 and 7.

Anyhow, I don't know if this is an underrated duel. I'd certainly hope not 'cause it's an awesome one. It's interesting how the tides shift back and forth as to who's winning. And Anakin could have definitely killed Barriss if he wanted to, but he wanted to take her alive in order to force her to testify and clear Ahsoka's name.

13. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Coincidentally, my imaginary SO did the same thing, and I too am on S05! May I participate?
    I'm watching any episodes that lead up to The Bad Batch and/or The Mandalorian.
    Right now: A Friend in Need, Eminence, Shades of Reason, and The Lawless
    RIP Savage. In hindsight, I wish his introduction in Nightbrothers, I mean, Monster had been more personal. Oh well.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  14. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Doing a rewatch of the Series for the first time in a while. In Season 2 now. Obviously I’m biased, but I really believe this is one of the best animated series ever made. :anakin::r2::ahsoka::obiwan::bluesaber::greensaber:

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think animation wise I have to agree with you. Especially later seasons it and the bad batch are gorgeous.

16. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    I've been doing a clone wars rewatch and I recently got to "Brothers".

I love how desperate Savage is to find Maul, it really shows that all he wants is real connection with people who will care about him. He probably has terrible trust issues and is wracked with guilt about Feral.

Then there's Maul. The build up to his reveal is so good, seeing the spider skitter in the shadows muttering. Then you see how broken he is, reciting bits of the sith code over and over again.

Both of these brothers had their lives ruined and thrown into darkness by others, just shows how tragic their stories are.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    For those that might find themselves in the NYC area in the middle of October this year, NYCC looks like they coukd have a special TCW reunion in the works.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Possibly, but unlikely. Ashley is a frequent guest there more for Her Universe, while JAT and DBB are in a ton of other stuff they could be there for. Not sure about Lanter, he could just be there for autographs.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's wishful thinking, but it's still cool that they'll all be there regardless. Anyone can just bring a blown up image (like the one below) and have the main VA sign it.

[​IMG]

20. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I only recently discovered TCW and was amazed at how it gave depth to Padme and Anakin's marriage. I am not a fan of PT, but TCW did a great job in the last couple of seasons showing Anakin going dark. He actually torture someone. He cut off Trench's arms to get what he needed. The very fact it slightly changed my attitude the PT is something I thought nothing could do.

21. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Great analysis of this! Ahsoka is truly a resilient person.

22. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    How was the TCW first marketed? A cartoon for kids? I just watched the Jedi Krell episodes and was thinking how I would explain it to my young daughter. In fact, the content is definitely adult oriented.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh yeah, definitely for kids. There was a little "hey this is a new star war" angle for older fans, but since Cartoon Network hosted most of the advertising there was greater emphasis placed on the lighter aspects of the show. Even as darker elements emerged it was still sold as fun pulp adventure with maybe a greater slant toward older teens than younger ones.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just compare it to the earlier seasons. The show grew up with its audience. At first it was a low TV-PG and by the end I think they were really stretching what they could do with a TV-PG rating. Hell I know they were as a bunch of the more violent things like Savage decapiting the black sun or Ventress kissing that clone commander after she killed him were all originally cut from Cartoon Network and only appeared on the DVD releases and future streaming releases.

same goes with Rebels. Bad batch is the exception to this. That show can be dark from the get go. Cause I think they assume a bunch of the now adults who watched TCW and Rebels are also watching that show.

this was an early example of them pushing the rating I know for a fact this scene was later censored with what the heck was that. But I can’t find it anymore. Cause all the streaming versions and the DVD version still have hell

Also this just got me thinking what does hell even mean in the Star Wars universe? Or god? God has been said multiple times as well. I just assume it’s some random monotheistic religion in the universe. But I just find it funny

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    In terms of tone, it was marketed as something that follows the movies, particularly "A New Hope". But as the series developed, the range expanded to cover all that we have seen in all six movies, nothing outside of that. The Krell arc is not unlike the darker parts of the saga, particularly some portions of ROTS.

"The TV series is exactly like the movies, exactly. It’s basically just the movies only with cartoon characters. It’s basically a dramatic series, there’s a lot of action, a bit of humor. It runs along at the same level. It’s unusual for an animated film, because it’s not really hardcore like say “Beowulf” and it’s not a Pixar movie, so it kind of falls in between in this funny world where "Star Wars" is, which is kind of hard-edged but not really, sort of on the verge of PG-13, flips over once in a while, but sort of the high end of PG." - George Lucas

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023