main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. kenobbi

kenobbi Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2019
    Disappointed? Not in the least. I was disappointed with TFA, mildly invigorated by Rogue One and Solo, and intrigued that Rian at least took us in a new direction. But Mandalorian has taken me back to my childhood when TESB was first released and we got to experience the familiar and unfamiliar. That was exciting and I haven’t felt that way about Star Wars for a long, long time. Can’t wait to see what’s lurking around the next corner....

Bor Mullet and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  2. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Star Wars: A Gnome Hope

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This show is amazing! And who knew you could connect with a hero with a helmet on the whole time - who isn't perfect at everything! :cool: Until Rogue One, and now this I have not felt connected to Star Wars since the 80's =D=

4. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    This. I'm also super excited for The Clone Wars season 7 [face_dancing]

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    But I thought Star Wars was dead, and Kathleen Kennedy had run it into the ground?

6. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Depends on who you ask, I suppose.

7. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Like a good portion that litter a certain rumors thread spanning 1929 pages with pure mud slinging, and that likes to shoe-horn in their negative views in every other topic if they get the chance just to say it one more time.

Edit: sorry for the off-topic comment.

Regardless, this show is on the right track 100%. Let's hope it stays that way.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  8. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

Definitely. As a child of the 80’s there are many things I hate about modern society, and the need to have everything instantly is one of them. There is much more pleasure in taking time to digest and appreciate something. I’m so enjoying spending a week with the Jawas!

A weekly release is absolutely the right thing to do.

And if it was all dumped in one go it would be finished by now, instead we’ve got the Mandalorian right though to Christmas!

9. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I am COMPLETELY on board with this show, and the fact that we're getting episodes weekly rather than all at once, it's incredible. We've got about 3 more days to speculate, and has anyone noticed the lack of promos, or "Next Week on The Mandalorian" previews? Way to engage our imaginations, folks! All we have to go on is what we've seen in the show, and the show trailers.

10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I wonder where the place with the Stormtrooper helmets mounted on pikes is...? [face_thinking]

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Justus_Cade

Justus_Cade Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    Same here. Of course the series is totally playing to my old fan nostalgia in a lot of ways, but I like it.

Avnar and jedi-soon like this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Indeed. New live action Star Wars content every week until the end of the year is more exciting to me than getting all the content at once and watching it in one weekend and moving on.

@Avnar I'm guessing it's the same planet that Herzog and the Mando hangout is on.

14. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    There is a good balance point. At the moment The Mandalorian is rather too far into drip feed territory. If the next chapter is only 30 minutes again then that push it even further from that ideal rate of content.
    Ep3 needs to be a good 50+ minutes with minimal filler, to get the series fully on track. We have had a good starter, now let's get to the meat of the story.

15. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Different strokes for different folks. I'm cool with the 30 to 40 minute episodes. Won't be surprised if that's what we'll get for the whole season. I also wouldn't be surprised if each episode is paced like the first couple, i.e. they only cover a little bit of ground and they only tell one story per episode instead of having a B and C subplot like most other shows have.

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    There was 70 minutes last week. One 50+ minute episode a week would be a reduction from what you were cool with. One 50 minute show though would give time to tell a more substantial story, which is absolutely needed for The Mandalorian to stay popular. It can't just be a series of nostalgia and filler.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It also has callbacks to the Prequel era which makes me happy. Best of both worlds

jedi-soon and 11-4D like this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Like I said I'd be cool with each episode being around 30 to 40 minutes.

19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Man it feels good to love Star Wars again. This show is a blessing.

20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yeah but you got TWO of them last week. If you only get one 30 minute episode this week, with another simple cartoon style story, then I bet you will be wishing there was more already after just a couple of days.

21. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I don't think binging is a bad thing. I have specifically not watched anything from this latest Mr. Robot season so far, and I will watch all of them when the season is over. I always do the same thing with Homeland. There are some shows that make me enjoy them more when I binge watch them. If I had all the episodes of The Mandalorian at once, I wouldn't mind it at all.

At the same time, I can totally be patient and wait for one week until the next episode, life has so many things to offer that I can completely forget about a TV show for 7 days no problem at all. I do wish that we got 2 episodes every week, because it was perfect during the first week and I got a little spoiled, but I am still cool with waiting until Thursday 3 am my time :cool:

PS. So Kathleen Kennedy is to praise for everything we like in Disney Star Wars, but has zero blame if we don't like something? Gotcha.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She is to blame or to praise for what we like or don’t like. Yes. also who cares? KK is going to be involved with Star Wars for years to come so it’s best to just ignore her if you don’t like her she isn’t going anywhere.

23. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I don't have an issue with KK, and I don't need to ignore her, she is not a factor for me. I just don't understand why there has to be sarcasm from users towards other users that might not feel like I do.

24. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    loving the show; feeling spoiled we get 150 minutes of it before Ep 9 even drops.

thought: how long until we see future imaginings of baby yoda in comic books or novels? 3-4 years?

-T

25. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Disney/Kennedy era is absolutely fine with me.

Solo - great, GREAT movie, dark, gritty, funny and a very commendable job by Ehrenreich following Ford.
    Rogue One - fantastic! Has overtaken ANH as my second favorite SW movie - however watching it back to back with ANH is perfection!
    TFA - yes its similar in story to a ANH - but is JUST what SW needed at the time. Re-ignited the franchise.
    TLJ - a few miss steps but a cool movie, different and fresh.
    The Mandalorian - so far. Brilliant.
    Rebels - SO MUCH better than the Clone Wars (which I like and is still cannon, obviously, with a new season looming) - oh, and they both have Ahsoka Tano!!

Run it into the ground. LOL - not in my opinion.