main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. I was being sarcastic. :)

2. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    What do you peeps think Werner Herzog's deal is? Is he some sort of Imperial royal? SNOKE?
    [​IMG]

3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
  4. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    How many times have you guys watched the episodes now? I’ve seen both 3 now couldn’t help myself.

5. Davrum

Davrum Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    I've seen the first ep three times but the second only once. It probably would've been more if I wasn't on my Clone Wars 1-ep-per-day rewatch mission. Gotta keep up with my homework on order to be finished by Season 7 in Feb 2020!

Although with the amount of Mandalorian interviews and features I've been watching on YouTube in the last 3 days I probably could have watched Ep 2 at least once more by now if I hadn't watched those instead. It's possible I have my priorities wrong.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  6. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    I've watched the first episode 5 or 6 times. I've watched the second episode twice.

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    I have watched both episodes 3 times each so far. For me, it's more than enough. It helps that they are shorter than anticipated initially.

Jaster Vhett and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. HaloWithStyle

May 11, 2015
    Yeah I kinda prefer them shorter too, it’s like the ultimate quick fix of Star Wars

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Oh I know. I was aiming my point elsewhere. You and I share the same tastes, I read and agree with all your posts ^:)^

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Slightly off-topic..... does anyone have a version of the Disney+ app that has a "Restart From Beginning" feature? Episodes seem to restart from the beginning only after the episode has reached a certain time amount at the end of an episode.
    Also, it seems like pushing the play button on the remote while the "Play" tab is on the menu screen should activate an episode or movie to play, but you need to push the enter button instead. Small complaint there, but the restart-from-beginning feature seeming to be absent is rather irksome. Is it hiding in settings?

11. HaloWithStyle

May 11, 2015
    Anyone else worried the 3rd episode won’t be as well received? It seems like 98% of people really liked episode 2 so I’m hoping the episodes get even better and better.

12. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Oct 20, 2018
    Oh I would actually like the episodes to be a tad longer, less than an hour but closer to the 45 minutes mark. I was just saying that the short time helps for repeated views.
    I generally don't really care how well received they will be. If I like the episode, that's good enough for me. And if I don't, it might have a 99% rating and I still won't enjoy it. But I generally think that the season will be pretty consistent in quality, as it seems that it has been planned and executed well. I am worried about the ending of the season and it if will be satisfactory, but I guess we'll find out. I also wouldn't want this show to drag for 4 or 5 seasons. Because of its nature and its very specific timeline, I think it has a limitation when it comes to how long it can go.

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My guess is that he's a former imperial who the Mando will freeze in carbonite in the last episode of the season and turn over to the New Republic for a fat payday.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have seen both twice

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    My guess is that Herzog is a regional governor, he didn't strike me as a dignitary. Looking forward to his development - I really like nearly all the new characters, the only one I wasn't crazy about was that blue alien that looked like something out of Trek. The series really lends itself to being rewatched to catch everything, I've only seen the episodes once, and I feel like some detail may have been lost, as its a rich tapestry of characters and locations.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll put a longshot bet (10:1 odds against) that Werner is actually a good guy.

He's a secret Republican, who arranged a Yoda clone 50 years ago in the hope of saving the Jedi Order.

He wants the return of stability, but not The Empire's version. Something older and grander.

Of course Moff Gus Fring does not approve of that.

(This prediction is almost certainly wrong)

11-4D likes this.
  17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I just realized this is the first time they didn't have "A long time ago..." in the beginning. It broke new ground.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Neither anthology movie had the line, and none of the other TV shows use it either.

20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Both of the anthology movies used the line.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Whoops, yep, they did. But I'm still right about the TV shows, of which this also is, so it fits the pattern.

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He is insane and wants a full CGI full rage Klaus Kinski clone in Season 2

Darth Nave and Troy_Viszla like this.
  23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Isn't he a former Imperial Magistrate...?? No idea where I heard/read that, but I definitely did!

24. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth Smurf, Ody_Mandrell and Avnar like this.
  25. Pons

Pons Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 11, 2019
    Random thought, but I'd love to see some Neo Crusader-esque armor designs in the show.

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.