main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The Mandalorian is the real followup to ROTJ.

2. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I'd give my hind teeth to see a potato cam recording taken by some intern of that exchange. That voice, my imagined look of indignation on his face ... it would be golden.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I wonder what Lucas' involvement is in the series. Furthermore, the onset photos have me wondering what he thinks of the series. Mainly because he was extremely protective of Yoda's species; would this have been something he allowed? I'm tempted to say "yes" because it still keeps the mystique of the species intact and doesn't attempt to explain everything about them. After all, Yaddle already told audiences that there were more of them out there.

I've felt the spinoffs of the main series have more faithfully captured the original saga, having George Lucas giving pointers and giving his blessing didn't hurt.

RetropME likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    There’s no doubt in my mind that he loves the Mandalorian. It positively oozes the Lucas spirit, while also pushing boundaries and trying new things (music, vignette storytelling, etc). He looks happier in that photo than I’ve seen in a while!

5. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I doubt he's "involved", not in crafting it in any storytelling sense. It'd just be the Dave link, and Favreau continuing that.

"We've got a question about the lore, we're not so sure whether it's in keeping with George's intentions or not. Hey, Dave, speed-dial the big man, ya crazy cowboy!"

George nods sagely, says "affirmative" in his croaky voice, they proceed.

Or George says "Jango & Boba were imposters, not actual Mandos! And this weapon you've made sucks, go with this Darksaber thing, it's better!" and they re-orient.

Same as Clone Wars & Rebels, basically. I doubt he does jack on it, he's just there as training wheels. Any big important conundrums you're not sure of philosophically, go bug the G-man for answers. Most of that in this context would likely be the Yoda species stuff.

Hell yeah. What is it with Germans & Austrians (same thing, amirite? I keed, I keed) and their awesome verbal chew-outs?

Between Werner and his "You ahh cowaaaaards", and Hugo Weaving in his best Werner voice (by design) "You aahh FAIIIILLLIINNNGGG!", or just Schwarzenegger straight-up calling anyone and everyone a "guhhhlyyyymaaaaan", they've got this **** down.

=D= More Herzog, dammit. Bring him back as some sort of frickin' lesser Imperial ghost if you have to. "Use tha BeesssKAAAARRR, MandalOOORRRian..."

SlashMan and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m with you, man. But isn’t Weaving Australian?

7. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Well, Lucas' "involvement" is pretty loose in that he hasn't handled any large storytelling decisions since his initial ST outline. Though I get the sense that he does give pointers and such while he is on set. Like behind the scenes of Rogue One, he commented that he liked the tank trooper helmet, so the crew made that part of the final design.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Plus, all the stuff Ax said they might go to Lucas with? Filoni’s right there, so no need, really.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    RetropME, indydefense and DurararaFTW like this.
  9. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

I mean, Austrian/Australian, same thing. *Bobs and weaves, does the rope-a-dope* :p

Heh, but yeah, point being - he based his Johann Schmidt/Red Skull on Herzog, voice/mannerisms-wise. He's said it in interviews for The First Avenger. ie. Understudy Herzog, I say!

I'll lump him in with Herzog & Schwarzenegger, and I'll lump him in good.

As for Filoni as any kind of arbiter of true-or-not-true Star Wars, he's only that because he's in direct contact & consultation with George. ie. It's not Filoni saying the Fetts are fake-Mandos and the darksaber is a better idea than whatever they originally cooked up for Clone Wars, it's George laying the law down to Dave. Which is fine.

Not gonna be any different to the Mando. Favreau wrote the lion's share of the ****, with Dave as secondary, the "George" stuff is just "anything they weren't sure about - ie. Yoda species stuff or big broad Mandalorian history stuff - they asked, George told". It's not like he wrote anything here, he just signed off on stuff they brought him that he approved of, likely nixed stuff they brought him he didn't approve of.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Convinced.

It’s not too late. I say lump ‘em. Lump ‘em good!

11. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Nah, if you're looking to lump, you need Christoph Waltz.

German-Austrian. And Hans Landa-stylee.

12. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Booo, Waltz, booooo.

Spectre so soured me on that dude, even though it wasn't really his fault. Booooo! Boooo!

DannyD likes this.
  13. Valheru_84

Valheru_84 Jedi Padawan

Jan 24, 2018
    A proud grandfather?

Good post, this point in particular - wouldn't this be why the Tie pilots appear to have breathing apparatus? As opposed to the Rebellion fighters.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020
    DominusNovus, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Tie's HAVE ejection seats , they also had a minimal support system.

A greater problem is how Ben Solo got from the ocean moon of Endor to Exegol in an old abandoned Tie left that the DS II wreckage without full life support nor a hyperdrive - did the minimal life support be a enough, could that have been a later model Tie Fighter outfitted with a hyperdrive - only Pablo knows....

As for The Mandalorian, I remember Death Watch being used in Star Wars Galaxies and they had a bit of a role post ROTJ in that game. Wonder if the Death Watch Endor bunker will make an appearance.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    So, have you tried ejecting from an aircraft that’s spinning around like crazy while plummeting to the ground at an incredible speed?

16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    He also crashed in a tie fighter and went up in a fireball, then walked away without a single scratch. The guy should be in the Marvel universe.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    See Chapter 6.

18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

Yeah. In my dreams, flyin' cool Spitfires against Jerry.

Okay fiiiiiine.

Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  20. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    In the UK it will also definitely be replacing Disney Life, though the email made it sound as though it was going to be a simple name change with new content added.

21. Jaster Vhett

Jaster Vhett Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2017
    Yoda with Baby Yoda on social media....

[​IMG]

indydefense likes this.
  22. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    I had the X-Wing.....It needed 2 6x3 lego pieces tucked in between the engine nacelles, otherwise the wings looked crap.

23. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  25. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    I was rewatching the series and am wondering, did the galaxy's citizens not know the Jedi Grand master Yoda or did they forget or something? Why hasn't anyone yet recognized the baby as being the same species as Yoda? Everyone is confused by it and thinks it's a pet but anyone who has even seen a hologram of the late great Jedi Grand Master Yoda would recognize the baby as being one of his species....I'm wondering why not one character yet has been like, "this looks like that old Jedi master!"