main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. eko32eko7

eko32eko7 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2018
  2. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So apparently...

Were getting Sabine too? Has this been confirmed?

4. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    If, so.... to quote Calvin Candie, "I say splendid, splendid."

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Where's Ezra?:confused:

6. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Please .. I’m mean pretty please.

The crossover ability that the Mandalorian seems to be gaining makes me very excited for how the story can develop.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    First I am hearing about it. What source said this?

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm guessing just now that Mnadalorian with each season will be moving closer and closer to the saga storyline. Right nw it's just a simple bounty hunter story but we soon be getting origin on first order and sith eternal. We already have connections to the jedi and other bounty hunters. I'm also guessing ths and other series in this era will be very connected.

9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Nothing concrete that I know of?

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea nothing concrete. Rex and Sabine are just rumors at this point

11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I find it amazing how completely the Mandalorian has overshadowed the ST, in terms of quality, with just one 8-episode season. There’s widespread agreement that it represents better filmmaking, better storytelling, better everything. Really extraordinary.

12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I love The Mandalorian, but it falls below both The Last Jedi and Siege of Mandalore in my opinion.

But I also don't think those are particularly relevant comparisons, because I don't like using the success of one project in order to trash another one.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Just observing a reality, as I see it - the ST was enjoyable enough, but I fear very fleeting in its impact. The Mando just seems destined to have far more staying power than the ST. It’s an instant Star Wars classic in the way the ST just couldn’t quite manage because it was so unsure of itself.

An indicator anecdote (nothing more): I have a nephew who’s a die hard ST and TLJ fan. Defends it every day. As soon as he saw episode 2 of the Mandalorian, he declared the show “officially the future of Star Wars.” He still likes the ST, but he recognized the difference between an instant, effortless classic and something that tries really hard to juggle multiple identities. It’s just sort of obvious.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Ah but Star Wars never been judged by quality now has it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2020
  15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Not a high bar to clear imho. But Mandalorian is definitely good.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean maybe

But I still prefer TROS over Mandalorian because that hits my certain aspects of Star Wars.

I think Star Wars is something that isn't about objectivity and more subjective...What's personal.

Sure objectively Mandalorian is a better told story for TROS, but that doesn't really mean much to me and many others in the grand scheme of things...It will have a effect for sure.

But again I'd rather watch Phantom Menace then A New Hope any day because I enjoy TPM more.

Granted I think A New Hope is overrated to be fair.

Plus I just find talking about one to drag down another Star Wars things just distasteful.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Fair enough. I find value in discussing the comparative merits of various Star Wars offerings, as it’s interesting to speculate about the future shape of the franchise and what existing Star Wars DNA will likely survive into (and shape) the future, but I get why it can be a bummer. Actually, I’ve gone ahead and bummed myself out!

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That's okay :D

Well if you actually ask me....I do think The Last Jedi will actually be impactful in shaping the future of Star Wars....Along with Mandalorian to be quite honest.

TFA and TROS will probably impact it less on a film/mytholgocial/ and storytelling persepctive but more in terms of plot points.

Yes stories might (Hopefully) expand on things like Palpatine's return and the First Order needing to rise for obvious continuity reasons. They can't just ignore it completely. But in terms of how things are interpreted or from whose view they will take I think TLJ beats out TFA/TROS.

But in terms of what the heart of the ST will be I think The Last Jedi will continue to hold a impact on what the future is.

I say this because I feel Filoni and Rian are actually from the same cloth of storytelling an thus have similar instincts in that regards.

And since Filoni is definelty a power play on Mandalorian and many other things I do think that part of the ST's DNA will continue to have impact.

Mando probably from a aesthetic choice specially in regard when dealing with....Non-Jedi elements of the universe.

Maybe I'm naive but if any of the ST movies are gonna have a impact I think it will be Last Jedi...Despite what people think, I think that film carries good favor among some of the big name creators of Lucasfilm like Filoni for example.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While not a terrible discussion... let's be mindful to not veer too far afield. This really isn't the appropriate place to actively defend or prosecute the Sequel Trilogy. I understand the discussion is centered on "Public Relevance" of the overall brand so just try to shift the weight far more toward the Mandalorian series and not have the posts be 90% about the pros or cons or Rotten Tomato scores of films which this forum is not dedicated to.

Please and thank you.

20. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    I agree with Chorus, especially as films need to appeal to both fans AND the public (for box office takings) whereas the TV series can be more fan focused. With that in mind, if it wasn't for the 'asset/child' there's a good chance Mandalorian wouldn't be anywhere near the big hit it is with the public.

It's interesting hearing the talk of Boba, Ahsoka and ... the other one (are we allowed to mention her name yet?) returning? If it turns out the two women do appear then it'll be the age old problem of fans who never watched TCW or Rebels having no idea who these characters are or their relevance. In any event let's give the production team and writers a chance and see what happens.

As for Boba, I tell ya I'll fall off my chair laughing if Temeura (sp?) does appear in the show and he's NOT BF. So many fans want the character to return and are just not willing to let digesting bounty hunters digest.

Someone also mentioned about how the show could lead into the saga arc and thus touch on the creation of the First Order and Sith Eternal. Admittedly I'd be keen on seeing that.

21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Put another way: If it wasn’t for one of the integral elements of the show, the show would be very different, and the audience reaction might be very different too. ;)

Baby Yoda, and his relationship with the Mando, is central to the show’s narrative, and one of the reasons why it’s an instant classic. That’s a point in its favor, not the opposite.

I mean, Star Wars might have never been so groundbreaking if George Lucas had it take place in Iowa instead of a far away galaxy.

Force Smuggler and Riv_Shiel like this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Question is does the Child/Asset stay throughout the series.

It's called The Mandalorain not the baby Yoda show.

Sooner or later The Child will have to go. And how or when does that happen?

At best it will be a backdoor pilot to a Rebels sequel....Which will lead to those elements which I really want to see expanded on.

23. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    No most likely towards the back end of Season 2 there will be a handoff to Ahsoka and we’ll have to wait for either her show or other media to learn his fate.

As much of a hit that BBY is I trust that he won’t become a crutch for the show to lean on. I also believe that after season 2 Mando’s focus will be on bigger things like reuniting Mandalore or something to that effect.

I’ve loved the small scale of the show but I just have a gut feeling that we’re going to see him rise in importance on the galactic scale.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not necessarily. Depends on who the title refers to. After all, by the end of season 1, Baby Yoda IS a Mandalorian.

Force Smuggler and Riv_Shiel like this.
  25. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    The title obviously refers to Din Djarin. He is The Mandalorian. "Baby Yoda" is The Child.

CampOfSorgan likes this.