main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    If your a Ravinak, it probably seems like a pretty good deal lol

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Also kudos to the waste management department for a brilliant trash disposal solution.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So I’m just piecing things together a bit here. We have Dr. Pershing in season 1 wearing the uniform of the Tarkin Initiative that also has a Kaminoan clone patch on the shoulder. Galen Erso wore the same uniform only with a kyber crystal patch on his shoulder. We have Cara Dune saying that Moff Gideon was executed (could it have been a clone of Gideon instead?) We have a base on Nevarro that looks an awful lot like the base on Eadu. So could we be seeing two separate projects from Tarkin Initiative? One was to create the Death Star while the other was to create suitable clone body for the Emperor should he ever need it.

And if this is what’s going on it’s then possible we may see Rey’s father escape from one of these facilities. That would certainly be interesting.

6. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Huh. Well I suppose they've had time to figure out how to work around Covid by now.

Maybe, but in all honesty I don't want them to tie too hard into saga stories, I like Mandalorian being its own thing. It's a vast galaxy and some things can just be by themselves.

7. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    What's interesting about Dr. Pershing is the name. A Pershing is a doughnut that is similar to a cinnamon roll, but made with doughnut batter. A variety of the Pershing is the Persian roll, or bun, which originated in at Bennett's Bakery in Port Arthur, Ontario, Canada (now known as Thunder Bay, Ontario), and they are also popular in Wisconsin and Maine. The Persian roll is a sweet roll made of pastry dough, oftentimes prepared with pink icing made of raspberries or strawberries. Traditional lore states the Persian was named for U.S. General John "Blackjack" Pershing.
    Dr. Pershing actor Omid Abtahi is of Iranian (possibly Persian) descent.
    Princess Leia's hairstyle in A New Hope was very much like a pair of Pershings, distinguishable from Persian rolls by the apparent absence of pink icing.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    TadoFett and Kato Sai like this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Now I'm hungry.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    whostheBossk, RetropME and TadoFett like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It can still be its own thing while being connected to the larger story. Rogue One is directly tied to ANH but still had its own characters and told its story in a very unique way.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Exactly. He can run into someone like Ochi and possibly even be the one who tosses him into the pinto bean quicksand without it having any crossover with Saga events. Mando can even find a prop like the dagger and then say "This is the wayfinder". And I can drink.

RetropME, TadoFett, Shamear and 2 others like this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  13. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
  14. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999

Don't have Disney+, so I haven't seen the show yet. Has anyone heard when it'll be out on DVD?
    And I'm still hoping they'll have Valance appear on the show.

Vorax likes this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Mandalorian will now forever be known as "The Outer ******"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2020
  16. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I keep reminding myself that streaming shows still often end up on DVD--certainly a good thing if only for preservation, on the off chance servers ever go under.

And potentially useful for me, since I probably can't really get Disney + alongside the subscriptions I already have right now!

cwustudent likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Drop one of your other subscriptions and get Disney+. It’s worth it just for the Mando.

RetropME likes this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I haven’t bought a dvd in like 10 years

Bor Mullet and cwustudent like this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I have a whole bunch of streaming services, but I still buy physical releases for stuff I like. And even though I have Disney+, I really want The Mandalorian on Blu-ray.
    Just streaming isn't the same (and the quality is worse). Something as beautiful as The Mandalorian deserves a high quality release.

Also I want it on my shelf, dammit!

B3, Trebor Sabreon, eko32eko7 and 5 others like this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is it, entirely. I'm a Star Wars kid which means I have a collector mentality. I need to own it and be required to dust it and have it add to the avalanche of rubbish I will be found dead and buried under.

22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What time does the new episode go live eastern time?

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Get a solid 8 episodes in today before it's release.

2 Episodes down.
    Normally one would cut off the credits, but you have to let the Theme play out to the very last note every time.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    RetropME likes this.
  25. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Well let's just say I'm not the only one using those subscriptions right now. If I can, I'll do another trial run of Disney + for Mando S2 (which, if it's like the last release, won't be in my region for a little while anyway).

Bor Mullet likes this.