main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The hardest thing to bear will be waiting for Season 3 next year. We are almost at the finale.

2. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I'd love if the Boba Fett miniseries that is rumored to be filming released in September and straight after that finishes Mando season 3 starts.

Kato Sai likes this.
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That would be a gift, a boon to us fans.

4. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    All of this.

Plus, there is the occassional "hey the reviews on TESB were not all great" but every single over 50 years old person I have asked, tells me that everyone's mind was blown away by TESB back in the day. In a good way. The fact that a couple of film critics on newspapers didn't like the idea that Vader was Luke's dad, doesn't mean the fandom didn't wholeheartedly accept TESB as a good movie.

However this does show the quality of The Mandalorian. And retroactively, I think we can now speak with safety about the quality of movies like Revenge Of The Sith. The general consensus right now is that it's a great Star Wars movie, and a significant percentage has it as their absolute favorite, between all films. The Mandalorian is amazing, but it's not the first one since 1977 to have the honor. The original trilogy in its entirety and Rogue One can definitely have a very strong case against that statement.

wobbits likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Rogue One is probably the least divisive of the Star Wars films since the OT. In my real life (as opposed to my unreal existence here), I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like it a lot, and I have mostly casual friends, colleagues and family around me. Probably because it’s objectively a great movie. ;)

But the Mandalorian, being something we can follow for multiple seasons as a series, is going beyond that. It’s something fans are united about and can look forward to for many years, as opposed to a one and done like Rogue One. In my view, that makes it the most successful and also trailblazing Star Wars offering since 1977. We have both fan love for it, and an unprecedented live action TV multi-episode-season format. And with a whole new and perfect soundscape to boot. This is an incredible moment in Star Wars fandom.

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Still won’t let me stream Season 2, Chapter 11. All the others streak fine.

7. Jaster Vhett

Jaster Vhett Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2017
    Season 2 Chapter 14 (AKA The Tragedy) will be an episode well remembered by this Fan of all things Mando:

*Jango Fett....Mandalorian?....YES!
    *Boba Fett.....Can read/understand Mando'a?....YUP!
    *Boba Fett.....Aware of his father's Mandalorian heritage? (Being a Foundling/his involvement in the Mandalorian Civil Wars)....Affirmative!
    *Boba Fett.....Claims (and once again) dons his iconic Mandalorian armor?....Oh, yeah!
    *Boba Fett.....Finally shown being a bad-a$$ (with and without armor) on screen?....HELL YES!!!
    *Boba Fett.....And last, but not least....back behind the controls of the Slave I!

8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    At least we’ll have 2 shows on the meantime

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Will one of them be Kenobi Season 1?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Probably not. That’s most likely 2022 and it’s just a mini series

12. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Bor Mullet can feel your thoughts! No Lie, is safe. Bor Mullet knows the truth!

Bor Mullet and cwustudent like this.
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    SKYWALKER! :)

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So do you all think the show just ended and it’s spin-offs from here

15. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I wonder if the Luke/Grogu stuff will continue in The Mandalorian S3 or Rangers of the New Republic? Or maybe Luke will eventually be involved in all of the different shows in some capacity (whether that is physically or referenced by mouth)

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Honestly, I think this would make a perfect conclusion to Mando. We know it isn’t because Season 3 in Dec ‘21, but this would be a perfect ending, Grogu is now in the hands of Master Luke.

Don’t get me wrong, “I want more and I know I shouldn’t” but this finale is going to be hard to surpass.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think season 3 is happening in December 21st due to The Book of Boba coming out the same month

PymParticles likes this.
  18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I genuinely think it's a strong possibility. I don't think it's the end of Din's story by any means, but considering I really think the production they're doing right now is for Boba Fett, not Mando season 3, the possibility of Din showing up in either Ahsoka or Rangers of the New Republic, and the borderline definite nature of him showing up in whatever "climactic event" those two shows are building towards, I think it's a distinct possibility this was a series finale. Or, as @Darth Chiznuk said, season 3 could involve the liberation of Mandalore, and we'll just have a brief hiatus or something.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I read its due for Dec release:

“In the middle of the huge swathe of Star Wars content announced at Disney Plus' investor presentation on Thursday, we learned the expected premiere of the next season of The Mandalorian: Season 3 will hit Disney Plus in time for Christmas, 2021.”

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn’t be to sure of that. It would be a risky move to have both shows in the same month

21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    They did it last year with Mando Season One and TROS so close to each other.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Two separate things one on the big screen one on small

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Still it was a lot of SW in one year and it all balanced out.

24. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I think The Book of Boba IS The Mandalorian Season 3.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Either way we’ll figure it out soon enough. Within a month I bet