main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Clone Wars, then Rebels. One idea to consider is tracking down viewing order suggestions for TCW, or for specific arcs to watch through in one sitting. I got my buddy to watch all the major Mandalorian and Maul episodes for a podcast, and they flowed pretty well together.

Kato Sai likes this.
  2. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Yeah, the Mando and Maul episodes sound interesting. I guess they are from Rebels? A bit confusing.

3. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, my assumption is that stuff like this did happen, and it'll be portrayed, quite likely as an info-dump from Bo or someone else in Mando S3. And as it's not going to contradict anything in current sources, that's fine, it'll just always stand as very mildly odd that it's not referenced in the material that was created earlier.

It does strike me that the one upcoming project that's positioned to depict this stuff is ANDOR. I don't expect that to happen but it would be cool.

TadoFett, Sarge, Cynda and 1 other person like this.
  4. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Most of them are in The Clone Wars, with about 4 Multi-episode Mando-arcs specifically that end up capped off by the episodes and smaller arcs in Rebels.

Zoe Con likes this.
  5. mik8888

mik8888 Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2021
    This'll be a self serving post I'm sure, but I just have to express my impatience with the show's production so far...I absolutely love the Mandalorian story line, but why only 8 epps per season? Seems rather tiny to me, but I'll suck it up...

The big gripe I have is that we apparently have to wait an entire year before the show continues. Yes I know everybody is worried about the virus, but darney doodles!

Ok ok, enough belly aching...I want more, heh heh...

TadoFett and DarthKreVass like this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    hey you're not alone there.

[​IMG]

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  8. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    It might be longer if the rumour is true production won't start until August. Something doesn't fit between this information and what Favreau said about filming Mando right after Boba. So, it could be a year, OR longer. The pandemic isn't helping either. But hey, life goes on. Enjoy it.

9. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Boba: What of we go the wrong eay!? How do you know the Right Way from the Wrong Way?

Din: You’ll know when your calm.. and the GPS will get is there.

Boba: What?!

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. AlwaystheForce

AlwaystheForce Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2021
    Hi folks,
    First off, I enjoy The Mandalorian. It's not Battlestar Galactica (the re-imagined series), but it's a good show. I have mixed feelings about Luke at the end of Season 2, but going forward, it makes sense why they chose him.

I love Din Djarin as a character. He is amazing in the armour. And the way he speaks under the helmet is perfect. Baby Grogu is cute.
    It's two enjoyable seasons with lots of thing Star Wars fans can be happy about.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    TadoFett and Zoe Con like this.
  12. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Wandavision is pure fluff thus far I can’t believe how incredibly boring that show is 3 episodes in. The sitcom gimmick has officially outstayed its welcome.

13. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014

Each to their own. I’m enjoying it so far especially with the little hints and speculation. I can definitely see why some people would be over the sitcom set up though. I’m going to wait until it’s finished before I judge on how far that premise should’ve gone and whether it outstayed it’s welcome or actually added to the narrative.

14. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    I'm liking it, and so are my kids. They're too young to get the sitcom references so it's kind of cool to give them the context. If it keeps going at this rate, in a few weeks we'll be into '90s TV tropes that they will get. Overall we like that they're doing something different, and doing it with major characters. That should be encouraged, even if not every experiment is a hit with everyone. I'll probably dig it when/if a main SW show does something equally loopy.

15. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Ooooh I just had a dark thought. What if a reunion between Mando and Grogu is not a happy one? What if years down the track Mando’s actions tied to Mandalore do not align with what Luke and the Jedi think. What if they return as adversaries. Unlikely but would be interesting.

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Does anyone think The Book of Boba could overshadow Din’s story? Boba has a major following of his own, the Mandalorian was pulling from this fandom, now those fans will go to Boba’s Show, and with Grogu gone, The Mandalorian has lost a major draw for those not beguiled by non-Boba Mando culture.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  17. FiveFireRings

Nov 26, 2017
    Nah, very few of the GA watching Mando were upset about Din not being Boba, and very few hardcore fans aren't at least a little bit interested in Mandos beyond Boba. I mean, we're all "hell yeah Bo-Katan, where's Sabine", right?

Grey Matter, Zoe Con and RetropME like this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I know little of Sabine, since I did not tune into Rebels much. My point is Boba has had a big fandom since Empire, he now has a show. Before the Book of Boba, fans had only The Mandalorian to enjoy as a love action Mando shows with the hope of Boba appearing and he did. Now Boba will have his own show.

19. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Man, can I just say how good Temuera is as Boba? He is literally the perfect person for that role. I could not imagine ANYONE else as Boba. That dark, menacing, gravely voice is better than sex. Like a violent Morgan Freeman. He deserves to be back.

Maybe he could, at some point, take the creed and join the fight to retake Mandalore? I feel like Boba basically going "Mandalore? Psssh, gimme a break." can't be a one-off line. Just a hunch of mine.

TadoFett, Grey Matter and Kato Sai like this.
  20. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I don’t see Boba overshadowing Din. Obviously Boba is massively popular and fits into the same sort of vein of fandom as Wolverine or Punisher because they’re hardened badasses but there’s just something...wholesome about Din. Like you could bring him home to meet your parents over Christmas and he’d help out in the kitchen.

TadoFett, Sarge and RetropME like this.
  21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    The stories will just bounce off each other, making them cool-er than when if they were to stand on their own.

TadoFett and Zoe Con like this.
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    [​IMG]
    I like Uncle Boba.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2021
    TadoFett, Bor Mullet and RetropME like this.
  23. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I've been a huge fan of Boba Fett the entire time I've been a Star Wars fan and I was a little worried before Season 2 that the opposite was going to happen. Din Djarin was going to become the quintessential Mandalorian bounty hunter to future generations and Boba would be quietly forgotten as that guy in the OT who looked cool, but never really did anything.

Thankfully, I don't think either is going to get overshadowed. They were smart by giving each of them their own vibe and making their characters distinct, even with all the obvious similarities. I'm very hyped to see more of both of them. :boba:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    TadoFett, Grey Matter and Zoe Con like this.
  24. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    Being a child of the seventies and the only of four kids (and a female) who loved the SW franchise, I admit that I was a little worried that bringing Boba into Mando would do that. I was never into the bounty hunter, more the BIG 3. But, in fact, I find that apart from The Tragedy episode, they've really done a good job of making them both very distinct and likeable characters to the audience without overpowering each other. I like how they are comrades who compliment each other. Like how Mando refers to him as "Fett", which adds to the relationship. Also, Boba is still Boba in the Mando show, but, at the same time, they've deliberately been careful about making him a supporting, yet badass character to Din whereas I believe in the BOB, Boba will, of course, get to kick ass even more and be the lead.

It's funny when I was first intrigued by the Mandalorian, it wasn't Boba Fett or Grogu that drew me in. To my surprise, it was the story, new characters, and the familiar Star Wars world that it was set in. That's was drew me. I admit, I'll miss little Grogu (if he doesn't appear, which I doubt), but the beginning of Season 3 has only left me more interested, because Din is now, in some ways, left in in that position once again like Season 1, but with more of an "identity crisis". No child. No ship. What are his beliefs?

The only issue with it being such a long wait until BOB (which I WILL definitely watch), and the Mando in 2022 (even longer wait). I hope my head canon doesn't run too wild and my expectations with both shows don't run too high. However, I hope to keep some fans happy, that Mando makes a surprise visit in BOB if it narratively makes sense. Would get people excited for Season 3. I"m sure Morrison will appear again in Season 3 with the whole Mandalore storyline , but as, once again, a supporting, badass character.

If people have an issue with the Baby or Boba not being there, what can you do? Then again, it's not about Boba nor the Baby (for now), which is why he now has a show.

Regardless, we've got a lot to look forward to.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    TadoFett and dick rodgers like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Or they’ll just watch both. And I doubt Grogu is “gone.” He’ll be back.

Skillzwalker, TadoFett and Zoe Con like this.