main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So three live action shows,pluss animation show, seems good to me if I got it right 40 weeks of star wars content

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder with Kenobi being taken priority over seaosn 3 of mandalorian, will they be somewhat connected. Also with book of boba fett being 2,5 will Ahsoka be 3,5 and rangersn be 4,5 after season 4 of mandalorian.
    Also Filoni and Faveru seems to have little free time to plan and write out their mandoverse.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  3. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    Narratively, it would make sense if Ahsoka, BOB and Kenobi do go first in the event (which I believe is likely) that there are big connections and answers to questions in Mando 3.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't see how Kenobi would fit with The Mandalorian. different time period.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    they both on tattoine close enough and you can have characters like Fennec and Boba.

6. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    That's true. At some point, possibly what happened with Grogu in Order 66. It could be a small plot point, but small chance of it. Looking forward to all of them.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus probably a season 2 of BB. And maybe That droids movie.

8. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Is a second season of BB for sure? I don’t know if I’d be too interested in Filoni continuing to focus on cartoons.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  9. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    It'd be more Rau and Corbett than Filoni.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have a feeling Filoni‘s involvement in bad batch is similar to his involvement in resistance he pitched the idea but then just sort of left it to the team. We don’t actually know how involved he is so we can only speculate. But I am almost certain it’s less than it was for say Rebels or TCW. So how busy Filoni is probably has no bearing on this show

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean he in charge of all animation, and all the stories they tell are his.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes but that doesn’t mean he’s really been involved in the making of the show like we know he pitched a resistance and then just sort of left it to the team and sometimes popped and be like hey you’re doing a good job. He’s 100% not as involved as he was during the earlier rebels seasons or the clone wars

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah he is more info live action now, but i think comes UP with ideas and stories to use like the caleb cameo.

14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    There’s a potential he used Resistance to kind of test out how he wants to act as an executive producer - how much involvement does he want day-to-day versus in ore-production, what type of chemistry he prefers to have with the actual show runner, etc.

Some would prefer to be more hands-on, others to be more hands-off. It could be that he prefers overseeing general story construction when things lift off, but stepping away once Rau starts making actual episodes. Or maybe he and Rau have a certain simpatico understanding where Filoni can be more involved sometimes and less involved others.

15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    In 2021 we should have The Book of Boba Fett in December and maybe Visions sometime in Fall 2021.

In 2022, we'll probably have Bad Batch Season 2, Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi and maybe The Mandalorian Season 3 towards the end of the year.

Then in 2023, we'll probably have Ahsoka and The Acolyte. And maybe Season 2 of Boba Fett, Season 2 of Andor and Season 3 of the Bad Batch.

That still leaves the Lando series and the Rangers of the New Republic (unless that's cancelled permanently), the animated movie A Droids Story and perhaps Mando Season 4.

And there could still be more surprises like unannounced animated projects or even more TV shows.

In the next few years, we'll probably get more live action SW content than in the previous 45 years combined.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    I think we'll also see the Ahsoka show in 2021 with Kenobi and Andor plus possibly Mando 3 at Christmas.

17. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Ahsoka in 2021? yeah... not happening.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Thou shalt count to three seasons, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

19. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm surprised at how well the Mandalorian has turned out. It reminds of a 1970s/1980s TV Show (Knight Rider, Incredible Hulk, Airwolf, A-team etc) except with a big budget and way better writing/production/polish.

I mean this as a compliment to be clear.

20. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    My mistake. I meant to say Ashoka in 2022.

21. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    even that is a stretch.

22. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020

Is Ahsoka not filming currently?

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, it's in some stage of writing/pre-production.

Zoe Con likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it's done writing and well do production soon, Ahsoka i think will go either late 2022 or ealy 2023, there's still plenty of time for 2022 release, both for Ahsoka and mandalorian season 3.

25. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, if you believe what some of the trades are saying, Mandalorian season 3 is waiting for Kenobi to finish filming because that’s currently taking up the Volume right now. If that’s the case then we can assume that Ahsoka won’t film until Mando’s completed, and there’s speculation that Mando won’t even start filming until potentially early of 2022. So I’d completely rule out 2022 for Ahsoka.

Zoe Con likes this.