main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I am all for competition...but pretty much everybody is starting up a streaming service. At what point is it too many? And who is going to spend the money on all of them just to watch 1 or 2 shows on each??

2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    That's the issue. For Disney's own service to succeed, it has to have a big draw. In time, we'll see if their lineup is good enough to justify it.

3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    With all of Disney's content....I am assuming everything they ever produced...as well as what is owned by who they buy...Marvel, Lucasfilm, and possibly the Fox deal they are saying they are working on....that will be quite a bit of popular content.

But then you look at something like CBS all access...which is basically only what you already get for free on TV and then the new ST: Discovery...Well...I ain't ponying up money just for the Star Trek show.

4. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    If not that, maybe a Plagueis romance arc will do it. :p

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This! It’s likely I will cancel my Netflix subscription when they pull the marvel and Star Wars stuff off Netflix. Yes it’s good that Netflix no longer has a monopoly on streaming services, but it will be interesting

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    They'll likely have SW, Marvel, Pixar, and Disney's own stuff all on here together.

7. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I think so, but they want an extra reason for people to subscribe to the subscription service. It's already made me want to subscribe when the service launches.

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Oh yeah I totally agree. I'm all in on their subscription service.

9. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I pick an old republic show then Star wars underworld, not too say I would not be looking forward to underworld itself, It may be a little different because Darth Vader may be in the show now that Disney has the copyrights for any TV shows of Star Wars. Some of the elements in Rogue one as well as the Han solo movie elements where meant for Live action Underworld show. What's to say Disney may keep it original quality?

Originally Darth Vader was not to be in the live action, The good news about it Darth Vader being in the show is we could more Darth Vader action, I don't know how the can make to the Galaxy bigger with him in the show, but I am sure there is a way.

10. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    And what about Rebels? Vader had pretty much live action there. And I seriously doubt that Disney will produce an animated series centered around a villain.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It is possible.

Darth Revan would be a perfect character to build a Old Republic series around.

whostheBossk and kalzeth like this.
  12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Revan returned to the light. So this is another box.

13. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    So did Vader.

14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    This discussion is going in circles. Rebels wasn't about Vader. And so doesn't the new series either.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The new series should most certainly not revolve around Obi Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex or any of the ghost crew if those characters were to appear so be it, but they should not be the main focus again

Sudooku likes this.
  16. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    An old Republic Series would be much to expensive even for Disney. At least i in Life Action.

17. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I would predict a series closing the gap between the OT and the ST. Realistically about two til five years in chronologic duration.
    People are asking many questions after TFA, more after TLJ and the open questions will mushroom after the release of Ep. IX. A perfect ground to prepare future customers to pay for TV-channels, to subscribe to streaming services, buying DVDs and BluReys ... uhm ... BluRays. ;)

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it would be best for that sort of show to be animated

19. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I want to point out, aside from the Star Wars show, I am actually looking forward to the three other shows (Marvel one, Monsters Inc and High School Musical). It would be cool if they put Clone Wars and Rebels on the service too. Hell, even the Droids and Ewoks shows would be a delight. (On top of all the Disney shows I am hoping for. :p )

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I won’t be surprised if we get all Star Wars movies plus Rebels and TCW plus Freemakers

21. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-favreau-to-executive-produce-write-live-action-star-wars-series

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Pre Vizsla Lives on! :p

Old Rex and kalzeth like this.
  23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Excellent.

24. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Oh, that's quite a pleasant surprise. Good news.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it is likely that Filoni will not be involved in the live action shows.

zam wesell2005 and kalzeth like this.