main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    The Celebration teaser had this awesome Westerny-SW-esque jingle and I was bummed out when it wasn’t in the official trailer. I hope that comes back.

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    I didn't mind the synth-y stuff in the trailer, really set a nice mood, but hoping that's not the approach to the show itself.

3. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Well Hot Toys just announced a Jawa figure. Jawas are taking over the world!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bor Mullet, Troy_Viszla and Gamiel like this.
  4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

I'm glad that even Star Wars YouTubers, which is a part of the fanbase that doesn't like the ST, is reacting positively to the new series. This could be a show that helps unite the fanbase around something they love. And I think that this will help Disney finally find their footing with the franchise. Once the reviews come in, and I have a feeling that they'll be positive, they'll have a good idea of the direction that they should take their own brand of Star Wars.

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Dave Filoni's involvement scares me... Cool guy, but his SW ideas are some of the worst.

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I, for one, welcome our Utini overlords.

7. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I like you, I really do but I strongly disagree with you regarding this.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    He's Lucas padawan, and he should scare you as he shares the ideas from good old George.;)

9. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Pretty much. Doesn't get any more "approved by George" than Dave.

Then again, people don't seem to acknowledge Kathleen's legitimacy with the Big Man either, so whatever.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Outsourced likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    There are conspiracy theories off kk and George. But they all fall flat. With George's respect and her to George. She gave Dave a mutch bigger role in TV and his first live action. I think Dave now will gave a hand in almost all TV canon with Pablo. Maybe she's prepping him for a movie on day. He's already in the canon group who helps comes with ideas for movies.

11. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    The entirety of Clone Wars was done under Lucas’ supervision.

He worked under George for years and had endless discussions with him about lore. A lot of his ideas for Rebels probably came from those conversations. If you don’t like Filoni’s ideas, then you should be glad that George sold the franchise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I am...

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah, but you need someone who shares George Lucas ideas and concepts for Star wars, and that is Dave Filoni.

14. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    It's the other way around, he is the best thing that happend to Star Wars since ROTS.
    He brings the needed diversity the franchise needs... Specially when it comes to planets.

15. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    My only (minor) issue with Filoni is when he gets overt with Lord of the Rings type stuff. George was influenced by LotR, but he integrated it more subtly. But, I am a big fan of LotR, so I really don’t mind Filoni’s more obvious homages. Like I said, I only take issue with it to a minuscule degree.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    :D

[​IMG]

17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Word has it that George gathers his family around the dining table every March 31st and all his kids have to come up with the most insane and ludicrous idea to trick 'Silly Uncle Dave' with. When the winner is decided George calls Filoni the next day with a 'great idea' to put into his next cartoon show. Unfortunately Filoni has never twigged and we are saddled with heli-sabres, dark sabres and space whales.

BigAl6ft6 and Avnar like this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    What?! :p

19. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Trailers tend to do their own thing music-wise. I'm expected western-style strings myself. Probably along the lines of some of the Jehda score from R1 too come to think of it.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah. Williams ballpark but with a western tangent to it, that's the way to go. Saga movie sound but through a Morricone type of lens.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Forget the orchestral style. Go hard in a new direction. Like the music from the last trailer. It’s perfect. Trying to crowbar in Williams-style music into a series that doesn’t have the classic SW tone will come across as discordant. Do what works best for the show, and forget traditional crutches.

22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    need. leaks. info. pics. something. body is craving Mando.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Soon, my friend. Soon.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  24. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes. Ludwig has a style all of his own and he should be given the opportunity to flourish.

Jaxxon- and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I hope they expand the figure offerings, and also release Otherworldly Jawa, Not of this World Jawa, The Jawa From Another World, E.J. the Extratooinestrial Jawa, Jawa in a Strange Land, Jawa Yowza - Lead Singer of an Offworldbeat Band, Exchange Student Jawa, and Vacationing Jawa.