main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I have one on my myspace page ...

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Me too

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I guess I would too if I made use of my myspace account.. I only use it to keep up with my friends.. I don't ever blog on it though.. or set up my own page

4. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I cant take it anymore! Im going crazy with anticipation and excitement. HAAAAAAAA
    Sorry , I'll try and calm down. My wife hates SW and doesn't want to listen to me talk endlessly about CIV , you guys & gals are my outlet . I have 3 friends from here in my town going , but I even think they are getting sick of listion to me rant. I cant wait for.... among other things , just being around 50000 Star Wars fans. My heart is bursting with joy for the fact that I am going. Just 3 weeks ago it was the furthest from my mind because of money. With the grace of God everything just fell into place for me on this. Good price on airline tickets, staying with a friend in a hotel to cut room cost..and the biggest of all my wife giving me the ok to go. I just hope she doesn't sell all my stuff wile Im gone! :eek:

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - you can talk to me about CIV and anything else SW-related anytime you want! Good thing for me is, my wife LOVES Star Wars as much as I do. Helps keep the marriage happy & healthy, ya know? So we talk CIV all night long when we get home from work. [face_dancing]

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    JJ, You are so lucky your wife loves it as much as you do. It really kills me that my wife of 11 years hates something I hold so dear to my heart. I'd give anything for her to show any interest in it at all.:(

7. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    echo-3, me and my wife are also from Indiana (Greenwood).

My wife enjoys STAR WARS, but not near as much as I enjoy STAR WARS.

When we attend STAR WARS celebrations and other events with STAR WARS personalities, she is my camera person and my video person. She films me getting autographs from the STAR WARS personalities and takes pictures of me and the STAR WARS personalities together.

She also is an extra pair of eyes for spotting STAR WARS items for me to purchase/pick up and an extra pair of arms for carrying the STAR WARS items during the STAR WARS celebrations and other events with STAR WARS personalities.

She's not crazy about the amount of money I spend on my STAR WARS collection and how it is all through our house and garage and she may not, at times, be crazy about how much I talk about/mention/reference STAR WARS, but she doesn't complain.

My wife is the best. [face_love]

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Let me tell you folks about my husband. First of all, two and a half years ago my health got so bad that I had to completely quit my job, So to begin with my husband financially supports me completely. I have been in and out of the hospital three or four times in the last year and almost died once from a pulmonary embolism last May 2006. My husband has been through the wringer with anything and everything when it comes to me. I am difficult, I am occasionally loud, I am witchy with that other letter when things are not going well, I am extrodinarily testy when I don't feel well, goodness knows he could have gotten an easier to deal with wife most likely.. but let me tell you how much he gives and gives and loves and takes care of my every little need and want, obviously when it comes to the serious things, but let me tell you when it comes to Star Wars he goes above and beyond!!!! If he sees it and he thinks it is something I would even remotely like to have he gets it for me.. sometimes he even gets duplicates.. sometimes he even gets things that I don't necessarily want, but so what, he goes out of his way to see to it that whatever I want when it comes to Star Wars I have it.. so when he lost his job earlier this year and had to tell me we could not attend CIV after all I just about fell apart, I was sincerely heart broken and in tears.. he set about to find a way to get at least me there.. and figure it out he did, it took some doing but between him and a few of our friends he is getting me there, albeit without him, and that part of it breaks my heart, I would give anything for him to be with me,but he has to stay home to pay the bills.. so now for the latest in our saga... my husband has smoked since he was 11 yrs old, he quit for a few weeks last year but when I got so sick he was just too stressed and he started up again, but this past week so that I would be able to have spending money at CIV he gave up smoking again, he is three days into his non smoking and he is doing wonderfully..(if you are a smoker of more than a pack a day as my husband has been for over thirty years you will understand how simply astounding and amazing this is) and again I am simply amazed at the wonderful man I am married too. I could not imagine my life without this amazing man at my side!! I saw all of you men sharing your stories about your wives and I just had to share mine about my husband :)

9. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    Thanks for sharing, cathiecat.

My wife used to be a lot more open to buying me STAR WARS items for the holidays and my birthday and just anytime and still will do so, but maybe not as often due to how much money and space my STAR WARS collection has taken.

There may have been a time where we maybe weren't going to be able to attend STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV as my wife was really wanting for us this year to sell our house and get a house with a lot of acreage for her horse (currently kept at her parents) and future horses and a lot more room for my STAR WARS collection.

She had put it off for at least STAR WARS CELEBRATION III and the merchandise that came with STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH and other STAR WARS merchandise and possibly STAR WARS CELEBRATION II and the merchandise that came with STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES and other STAR WARS merchandise. She's been very giving concerning my STAR WARS enthusiasm and my STAR WARS collection. She's given far more to me than she would ever consider asking from me. As always, my wife is the best. [face_love]

But, things are working out that will have us having the acreage and (eventually) the square footage we want starting possibly in August (our anniversary month/we married in August of 1995) of 2008 and we are attending STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV.

AND STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

10. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WOOHOO...George was great on Conan. Best EVER!!!

[face_dancing] =D= [face_laugh]

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I think it is so great that we have great support at home :) THREE WEEKS!!!! and one day!!

now don't give anything away to us here in the west.. we still have to get through Leno first.... It will still be an hour before Conan comes on here in Arizona and in California as well I believe won't it?

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    SkottASkywalker
    Your very lucky to have her. I would not wish having someone in your life hate something you love on anybody.

13. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    Yes, it is. :)
    Thank you, echo-3 and yes, I am totally lucky to have my wife and I totally understand that with all my heart. [face_love]

echo-3, your wife loves you even if she doesn't love what you love and despite what you love and that's far more important than loving what you love. You have your wife's love, you're a lucky man, too. :)

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thanks Scott, I am very lucky to have her. This Saturday is our 11th anniversary. Instead of a gift , I think I am going to just ask her to sit down and watch ESB with me.

15. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    You're welcome, Eric. Happy 11th anniversary this Saturday to you and your wife. :)

My wife and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary on August 5th of this year. [face_love]

16. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Didn't get to see it (way past my bedtime. [face_hypnotized] ). I'm sure I'll catch it on YouTube once it gets posted there.

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999

I was at the taping last night, and yes, it was AWESOME! [face_laugh]

Scroll down for pics:

http://boards.theforce.net/san_francisco_ca/b10448/26364871/p1/?29

18. SkottASkywalker

Jan 3, 2002
    That's cool that you were there. :cool:

It was a great show and George Lucas is great. :)

It would've been great for me and my wife if we could've been at the show. Me for the obvious STAR WARS/George Lucas/INDUSTRIAL LIGHT & MAGIC reasons and for my wife, because she's a really big Chris Isaak fan.

We're both STAR WARS fans and Chris Isaak fans, but my wife is not even close to being as much of a STAR WARS fan as I am and she's a bigger Chris Isaak fan than I am.

We attended George Lucas' first panel at STAR WARS CELEBRATION III and we've been to two Chris Isaak concerts and my wife got two autographs from him at the first concert of his that we attended. :cool:

I'm a really big Stevie Nicks fan and Chris Isaak and Stevie Nicks are doing a two month tour and we really want to catch one of the concerts, but it doesn't appear they are coming to Indiana with this tour. The closest they will be (if I remember correctly) is Chicago and Detroit. We're considering going to one of those concerts.

19. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I just watched a taping of it and said, "Hey there's JedHead!!"

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    The car we are driving to CIV was T-Boned today while I was inside of it.. Certainly was the highlight of my day.:oops: I was too sore to climb out the passenger side so they had to peel the door off the drivers side so I could get out of the car. The young man that hit me thought he had a left turn signal after the light turned red, but in fact he did not, he just had a red light.. in any event I am rather sore and miserable at the moment [face_beatup] , I took some pain killers, but I still can't fall asleep tonight.. I keep worrying about getting to CIV if the car is not ready..I have been reassured that if the car is not fixed I will have a rental from the insurance company so it will not affect the trip to CIV.. but I have to be honest.. I don't really feel like driving.. I will do it.. but I don't want too.. at this point I don't want to drive at all ever again.. surely in three weeks time I will feel differently though, probably in three days time I will fine :)

In any event I am going to CIV NO MATTER WHAT!!!![face_dancing]

And how was your day :)

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Cathie
    OMG I am so glad you are OK! [:D]
    That is so scary, Iv been in my share of car wrecks. Thank the maker you are ok. I wounder if the cost of gas from AZ to LA would be the same as two plane tickets? Here is Ind ,its $3.00 a gal. Or Maybe you can have you husban do all the driving. anyway ,again Im very happy you are ok.

Eric

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    well.. unfortunately it is not my husband and I taking the car, it is myself and three other fan force members. So you would be looking at four plane tickets.. and the gas is going to cost approx $150 round trip.. not very likely we will be able to find four plane tickets for that amount. I'll trust that it will work out with the rental or the car will be fixed. :)

23. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, cathie, sorry to hear this! Glad that it wasn't worse. We can be thankful for that.

24. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    That is cheap...here I think the cheapest gas I've seen is $3.35 today. And its about 5 to 10 cents more expensive closer to central L.A. usually.

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Im not gonna sleep at all Friday, After getting in town at 9am and spending all day and evening at the con, My fast path pass is from 11pm-1am. Good times lay ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.