main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    True, true.
    Just stand in line and your bound to make more friends.

2. ROTS_fanatic

ROTS_fanatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    Are the lines going to be half as long as the convention center or something?

3. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I would hope not but one thing I have learned from the last two Celebrations is that if you are not already in a line you soon will be. :p

The lines aren't too bad if you can stike up a good chat with some people in line.

I was in the CIII store line for the
    pretty much the whole first day and got to meet some very cool people.

Just wish the schedule was out so I could start planning activities.

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    an announcement on sw.com said the official schedule should be posted sometime next week. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you out there. Also, as a personal favor, could everyone please try and make it to opening ceremonies on Friday at 7:30 PM in Hall K? I know it sounds like a wierd request, and I can't really tell you why I want you all there. All I can say is you'll know why I'm asking you all to be there when you're there.

5. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I'll be there with bells on!

6. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Ok quick question. Has anyone heard anymore about the shuttles the convention was going to run from L.A. hotels? Does that just mean the block hotels or all of them. I'd hate to fork out cab fare everyday.

Thanks [:D]

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    There hasn't been a schedule posted yet, that's for sure. We have heard they are supposed to run 24 hours a day -- with a reduced schedule in the wee hours, of course. The buses are just for the hotels included in the official room block, all except the Holiday Inn.

8. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    o_O So unfair! 8-}

9. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to take a pic with a large group of troopers from the 501st (assuming of course that they are at CIV, which I would assume they will be)? My wife and I have always wanted to have a pic taken of us standing together in the middle of a crowd of troopers. :)

Anybody think this is possible? And if so, how could I go about getting such a pic taken?

Thanks!

10. ROTS_fanatic

ROTS_fanatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    I don't know about 501st but what if you get your picture taken with a group of non-501st fans dressed up as Stormtroopers?

11. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    JediJustin -

In having been to the other Celebrations + the local Con up here in Toronto, any dealings (Heh-Heh) I've had w/ members of 'Vaders Fist' the 501st Legion (or for that matter any 'SW' costuming group or single ppl simply dressed up) has been that of complete co-operation - As long as they are not completely busy in helping out for a specific duty which requires their full attention - You just have to ask

They are often found in groups (and they will be everywhere) This is what they do
    If you require a small deployment or dozens at a time it may be a little more of a task in herding

It really depends where they are gathered and the luck of it all

12. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks for the advice, Capt. It doesn't necessarily have to be members of the 501st - any large group of Imperial troopers will be perfect. We missed out on getting a pic with them while we were at C3. So hopefully our luck will be better at CIV.

13. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I am in the 501st and the hosting garrison of Southern California. You are welcome to ask any trooper to take a pic with you. It's one of the reasons we suit up. How many you get depends on how many are present. I know there is a legion photo, but at C3 it was indoors and before the con center opened. Honestly, I'm not sure where that photo is even going to happen this year...

14. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I am a 501st trooper of the uk garrison and dont mind having my picture taken even if I had big schedule, which I dont :p

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Cool, then hopefully I run into you at the con and snap a few quick pics of you and your fellow 501st members. :)

16. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Believe me there is alot of us going and would not be surprised it will be the biggest 501st turn out.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Anyone have an idea of when the Will Call area opens? I'll need to pick my badge up apparently...and it'd be great if will call opens early enough that i can try to get a decent place in line afterwards to get in...

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey Billy! I didn't know you were going to be there. Bring a couple of SWCCG decks and lets see about playing each other at C4.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Will Call hours are as follows:

Tuesday, May 22nd 4pm ? 8pm

Wednesday, May 23rd 7am ? 8pm

Thursday, May 24th 7am ? 8pm

Friday, May 25th, 7am ? 8pm

Saturday, May 26th, 8am ? 8pm

Sunday, May 27th, 8am ? 8pm

Monday, May 28th, 8am ? 12pm

20. Across-the_Stars

Across-the_Stars Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    [:D]Hi everyone,
    I?ve been a registered user here since 2005, but I?ve been able to post in a while due to DRL[face_worried], but with C4 just around the corner I?m trying to make time. I was unable to attend any of the previous Celebrations, but being that I live in California there is no way, I?m missing C4. I?m really looking forward to meeting, and just being around people like me who love SW because frankly all my friends think I?m insane:p.

Leslie

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    What is DRL?
    :confused:

22. Across-the_Stars

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_skull] Darth Real Life[face_skull]
    It's a term used over at the fan fiction section of the forums, it refers to real life issues getting in the way of SW interest:p.

23. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    O
    Got ya. Glad you back. [:D]

24. Across-the_Stars

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks echo-3,
    I'm glad to be back[face_dancing]

25. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Not long for me now till I fly out there, infact 5 days :eek: [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.