main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    For those in the UK, keep your eyes open for the upcoming Empire magazine covers:

Empire Magazine.

The rest of us will just have to order :).

2. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    You know what? I stand corrected. I went back and looked at my archives that I have from C2 and things were announced 10 days ahead of time. I guess I'm just overly anxious. But can ya blame me :D

3. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Friday evening? That means it'll be released after I leave for the US. Darnit, I really wanted to have a printout of the schedule before I left! :_|

Oh well, on the bright side - 1 day until I leave! Yay! :)

4. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    lucky you. have fun in hawaii before you come out to L.A. see ya soon!!

5. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    If you want to meet up over the weekend (minus Saturday), I can bring one for you...

6. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

The covers idea for empire magazines must have been thought of by an accountant. Kerchinnng!

The Uk lot will be arriving Sunday 20th , so we have time for some pre CIV nights out.

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Accountant?? What you trying to say V that theres no brainy people on this planet anymore?? [face_laugh]
    The world is doomed I tell ya doomed!!!!
    I fly tomorrow so I will be able to tell you tomorrow night if there are any CIV key cards :D

8. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm such a nerd, I had made plans to take 1/2 day off Thursday because I wont want to work(Leaving Friday AM) Now the inticipation made me change it to a hole day off . :)

9. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    If they do have Star Wars hotel key cards I don't think they will be issued until almost Tuesday or Wednesday.

I went to Indianapolis 3 days before CIII and stayed at a different hotel to the one I got on the Gen Con reserved list. (no vacancy before) And did not get a SW key card until I checked in at the other hotel, the day before CIII.

I hope you do get one when you arrive I am anxious to know if these will be happening this time or not. =P~

10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Does anybody else have a case of really bad Butterflys in the stomach?
    I feel like Im goona be sick about every 5 min, especialy when I really start to think about the trip.
    [face_sick]

11. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - yeah I have butterflies in my stomach as well. But I would compare the feeling to when you were a child and it was only a few days away from Christmas. You knew it was right around the corner, and you just kept getting more & more anxious as the hours ticked away.

12. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Anybody going to Las Vegas? I've decided that I'm gonna go there for a day or two and visit the Grand Canyon as well. *Is very excited!*

13. rebel-rebel

rebel-rebel Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2004
    That sounds awesome. I used to think that Vegas is just not my style, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. I'd love to see the Cirque du Soliel shows there.
    The Grand Canyon, I've always wanted to see up close. I've flown over it. That is one big hole.

14. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    That is where I am heading to Monday evening after CIV.

I figure I am in the region and getting out this way from the east coast is something I haven't done before.

So I figure since I am going traveling I might as well do it all on one trip. :p

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    How long will this board be up and running now that CIV is over and done with?

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Until Celebration 4.5 happens in Vegas, at least, I would hope. :p

17. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    We need a Vegas Planning forum! :D

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    You guys are really going forward with that? Sounds like a good time. How many people do you have signed up for it?

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Maybe under the Pacific Region board? Just throwing that out there....

20. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Not trying to be a smart ass but the Southern Nevada Fan Force is located under the Southwest Region. So that may make more sense than the Pacific Region.

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    But is the Southern Nevada Fan Force going to be organizing this? If they want to step up.... Sounds more like a grassroots coalition of all kinds of Fan Forcers, which is why I opined that it might be better on the Pacific Region board.

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    The board stays around forever, the title just changes as the time for the next convention draws closer.

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Seriously? I thought the CIII board was still up at one time... I remember going through a lot of the posts. Now that you mention it though, I do remember just going further back on the same board. Never mind. Where's my head? LOL!

24. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    What a way to ruin a perfectly good week - just read the article about Mark Hamill appearing at CE. I felt like I was just kicked in the stomach after seeing that update posted.

I'm gonna be in a real crappy mood all weekend now... :mad:

25. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I just saw that post too! That just makes me so mad! He bails out of CIV, in the city HE LIVES IN, but he'll drop everything and travel thousands of miles! THANKS MARK!

:_|

JF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.