main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I never was either, until I got married. Now everytime ANYONE has a parade, the Mrs. makes me go. :(

help

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, since you two seem ssoooo interested ;) , here is the link to the pix I took while working on the SW floats. It's neat to see the progress. And this is the link to my pix of the parade and afterwards.

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Nice pics! Thanks for the link. Now, who takes all that apart? I remember seeing an episode of Dirty Jobs once where the host, Mike Rowe, had to tear all the flowers off the frames. By the time they get to most of the floats, the flowers have all started to rot. It certainly was a dirty job. EW! Rotting flowers STINK STANK STUNK!!!

4. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Nice pic. Thanx

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I don't know in what thread this should be posted, so I figured I would put it here.

Do you remember those huge Star Wars toy cards that they had at CII and CIII? the ones people could step into and it looks like you are an action figure in the packaging? Well I was thinking how cool it would be to have one at CIV. Something like the original 12 Back Luke Skywalker with the bubble and all. Or instead of Luke for the picture on the card, just have the Tattooine Sunset. I always thought they were pretty cool.

6. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I remember those. They were in the Exhibit Hall. I have a few pics of my wife and I standing in front of the one with Darth Vader's helmet holding two lightsabers. They were a really cool and unique idea.

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I don't remember seeing them this year at the Comic-Con, though I may have just missed them, however I know they had them there in 2005. It was great fun just watching people getting their pix taken!

8. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    That is most likely becaus LFL's presence at Comic Con last year was small, but this year (being the 30th aniversary) will make it bigger than 2005 with Ep.III. Well, that is what Mary Franklin told me. So Comic Con should have a huge Star Wars presence this year, will it have the "life size action figure" stand, I don't know, but the LFL pavilion should be impressive!

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That was part of the Hasbro booth. I bet it will be there.

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The CC is less than 2 months after C-IV. Since they're so close, I was just assuming that there wouldn't be much of a SW presense at the Comic-Con. I'd be delighted to be wrong on that assumption! I'm just hoping I have some mula left after C-IV to go to the CC!!!

11. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    I don't know what LFL will do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put the stuff in storage and just set a bunch of it up in SD for CC.

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That would be GREAT! I haven't checked the CC website yet, but I did get a postcard about hotel reservations opening up on Feb. 7th (I think that was the date). Don't know if I'll be able to afford to hang out the whole CC this year, but at least want to hit it up for a few days! I've already got reservations at the Hilton, however I hope to get the cheaper rates when they become available!

13. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm hoping that the Hard Rock Hotel is done by CC! Or I'll be driving in or taking the trolly...

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I was wrong. The hotel reservations desk for the Comic-Con open February 6 at 9:00.

For me, it was so worth it to stay across the street from the Con center! The mass of humanity that was in there on Saturday was more than I could handle, so it was great to be able to just walk across the street to get some quite.

How far is the Hard Rock Hotel from the Con Center? When's it supposed to be finished?

15. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    The last time I went there (Sep. '06) it said 2008, I beleive.

16. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Thinking about this, but won't they need it for CE? LFL will look into the cost of shipping vs. making stuff in Europe... I'd be curious what they will do...

17. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    According to the website, the opening is "late Summer 2007." So, I wouldn't think it's on the CC hotel list. The hotel is at Fifth and L, so it's basically across the street (the Sails Pavilion is probably the best reference).

Anyway, let's get back on-topic ala C-IV, 'K?

18. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    It will be across the street from the convention center. I am going by info my friend has (her family has a "time share" type thing in the hotel) and she is saying summer 2007, but that is always subject to change... They'd make a ton of money if they were to be completed before CC. I've not been by the convention center lately, so I have no idea what kind of progress they have made...

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well, seems my thread on numbers got locked in record time. Not surprising. Anyway, if anyone wants to exchange phone numbers for CIV, PM me and we can start a list.

20. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    So, last week I finally scheduled my first nights events for CIV. On Wed night the Pink Jedi and I are going to see Wicked. We were going to see it in NY, but something else came up. Then we planned to go to Philly and see it, but that didn't work out, so, LA it is. Now I need 2 other days to plan for.

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm not really planning on doing anything other then the con. I'd like to see Pirates but not if it's going to be a major pain. I can wait to see that and Spider-Man when I get back to Baltimore. Seems a lot of people have some cool things planned for LA. I'm wondering if I'm just losing out or if taking it easy is going to be smart. I'd like to relax a little. I'll be out there for 5 days and don't want to come back exhausted.

22. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Well I have to share the 6 nights with my wife. Star Wars is good but I know she will get bored if it's an everyday thing. Whoever is going to LA for the first time you have to consider what you are surrounded by. It's Hollywood. You want to do a few other things besides the con. At least that's how I feel. 3, maybe 3 1/2 days at the con is good for me. I would like to see Universal.

23. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Not my wife and I. She is as much of a die-hard & enthusiastic SW fan as I am, and we plan on spending every waking minute at the convention while we are in LA. C4 is a once in a lifetime experience, and we'd never be able to live with ourselves if we left the convention to go do other things that we could do/see any other time on a future vacation to LA.

LA and its sights will always be there to experience. C4 will not. Just my opinion of course...

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Unlike you two guys, I won't be married by then so I can pretty much do what I want. Yippy!! =(

25. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    This is how we feel. We plan on being at the con all the time, at least going by the schedule of events. But not to check out anything else? This is our first time in LA. We don't get to travel much. Want to see Universal Studios -Disney among other things! That's why we're taking a few extra days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.