main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    This was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. If you didn't catch it... please make sure you do. You won't be dissapointed.

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I have heard too many people rave about this. I will have to make time to see it.

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Here's an observation: Has anybody else recognized that the StarWars.com website has not been updated with any new content since Monday? The announcement of the "Art of Ralph McQuarrie" book has been the main update for the past several days.

Could this mean they are "saving up" for a few new CIV updates? Hmmmmm....

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Would be nice!

5. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm going to change subjects here a little and just ask...............
    Is it me or have some really weird people shown up here lately?
    Some of the posts are creepy.

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    ???? What do you mean Pwinkle?

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well one guy showed up and posted the same msg on three different threads about wanting to hook up with someone. I mean being single and setting up a singles thing is one thing, but going out of your way to say "hey, I'm a guy, I want a girl to share a room" is a little creepy. What's even weirder is I'm sure there is some freak of a girl out there who would consider it. And then people wonder why they end up in little pieces in someone's trunk!

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, it's different strokes. I took down the spammy ones. I just ask that people try to "be careful out there" (and if you know what TV show this is a first reference to, A++ for you! :)).

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - guess I didn't pay any attention to the "weird" posts and just passed over them...

10. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Justin, they were removed in record time :).

11. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    To correct Grumpy Jedi.... Cingles is actually spelled Singles.

Just wanted to throw that out there for people who cared.

[face_dancing]

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    What are you talking about?

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Actually, I thought I saw that on here and assumed cingles was some clever term for convention singles. Guess I was wrong.

gesh.. of course I know it's not cingles... I ain't stoopid.

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Cingles.... Egad! Whatsa meesa saying? ;)

15. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    well at least it's not another phrase we laughed at Grump!
    HAHA!

16. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I have decided one of my missions at C4 is seeing if I can get any information in regards to the two spacetroopers outside the death star in ANH. I would just love to find out what the back pack looks like.

17. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Spacetroopers?

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    I have a question. In Star Wars, Han tells looks "traveling through space ain't like dusting crops, boy."

All these years, I've never given that line much though but now it bothers me. Han assumes Luke is a farmer so okay... but on Tatooine, there are no crops. The only kind of farmers are moisture farmers. Hmmm... anyone else ever think of this?

19. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Yes space stormtroopers.
    Next time you watch ANH when it comes to the scene where you see the falcon enter the death star docking bay pause it and you will spot two stormtroopers with backpacks on.

20. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    There are other kinds of farmers in the SW universe I'm sure. I'm guessing Han has seen those more than moisture farmers. He's just going from a generalization of his experiences (similar to those on earth who has seen crop dusters).

21. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah, Ben, I know which ones you mean. I've kinda been curious about that too. There were pics of it on the RPF boards, but nothing clear cut. Even the Hi Res pics don't do 'em justice...

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I don't recall ever seeing a Spacetrooper figure in any of Kenner's/Hasbro's line of figures.

23. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey TSH, how was the MFalcon ride? Did you end up going on it? Are all your sore dancing spots feeling better? ;)

24. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Never did get on the Falcon. The line was capped for the day and I didn't feel like trying to get in. I will be back and can ride it another day.

My feet (more so my knees) were aching all day on Sunday! I got some bruises from my armor that I'd never had before. Now I know why they made stunt armor. I might need special dancing armor if I try to do that again...

25. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hmmm, do they sell that on Ebay or will you have to get it directly from LFL? ;)

I got a few pictures when I did the Falcon ride earlier that day. I sat in the pilot's seat and got to push all the buttons. It looks like your really in the cockpit. It's so cool!!! The Falcon is my absolute favorite ship so I know I'll be going on it again. I'm probably gonna be there this Sunday and might be able to make it on the first fan day, too. I'll get to pilot it in my Jedi robes. Fun, fun, fun!

It was very different being there just as a patron on Sunday when we had the run of the place the night before. It sure did look different, too. Vader's Room was completely empty. Bummer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.