main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread - Good Times and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    What do you guys think the prequel trilogy's presence will be like at CIV? Given that C1-C3 were dedicated to each of the PT's films respectively, do you think Gen Con and LFL will make sure the PT is "represented" adequately at CIV? Or, being that it is the 30th anniversary, their focus will stay mainly on the original trilogy?

I really hope they do focus mostly on the OT. We've never had a convention of this scale and magnitude devoted to the OT. What better time to do so than celebrating the 30th anniversary at CIV with 50,000 loyal fans...

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Kari what falcon ride is this then??
    Is it something they have at the current moment at the exhibition in LA??

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    It's the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit at the California Science Center. They had their big Gala/Ball this past Saturday night and about 70 of us local costumers were there as ambiance/entertainment. It was great fun.

The "ride" looks like you're sitting in the cockpit of the MFalcon. Anthony Daniels (3PO) narrates. It's like you leave Earth and end up flying to the end of our explored galaxy and you learn a little while you're at it. I was so excited about sitting in Han's seat that I missed a lot of what was being said. It was very, very cool, but lasted only about 10 minutes. Way too short. Here's a link to my pix.

If you're a SW fan, this is a great time to live in So-Cal. I feel pretty darn blessed about that!

4. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Just saw this on the SW site this morning. Looks like the R2-D2 Droid Builders are going to have some pretty cool stuff planned for CIV. I missed seeing the droid builders at C3, so this is a very welcomed announcement for me.

Here is the link: http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070213.html

5. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I noticed the posting last night. They also had another announcement regarding the Fan Film awards, Since the "Official Announcements" thread is stickied I don't think it gets much notice. I'm hoping we'll see two or three announcements per week from now on. I keep trying to judge by the release times for C3.

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    But that's where official announcements need to go. It's stickied, but that's so people can find it immediately -- I'll change the title to reflect that. Please continue to post official annoucements in that thread, and not in this one, thanks.

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Not sure if there are any gamers out there, but a new Star Wars game is in the works for the 360 and the PS3. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6165881.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;5

8. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Yep cannot wait for the new star wars game to arrive for my ps3. I should think they will have a demo version available to play at the lucasarts booth....hope they have a indy demo aswell [face_praying]

Cool pictures you have there kari but I must admit theres too many rebels for my liking :p

I dont think it would cost lucasfilm alot but would you agree they should put the falcon ride video in place of the journey to endor they have at star tours.

9. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    The Falcon is cool, but the Slave I is the one that gets me excited! I am looking forward to getting in there and checking it out though. I won't be back until Fan Day. I can't drive up every weekend.

It was weird with the hordes of people there! I didn't check out the Vader room. Empty? Andrew must be bummed; his room was dismantled. Better than blown up!

10. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I suppose it would be well erie walking around that place at night with the prospect that the costumes and droids may come alive.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    There weren't a lot of weapons on display, so it might not be too bad... unless the deka-droid happened to roll in! Yikes!

12. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Linda (mara_jade_fan) took a picture of that thing and must say it looks too creepy for my liking.... I dont trust it [face_worried]
    I didnt think they actually made models of them and thought they were all CGI in the star wars movies.

I suppose it will make sense for most of the items on show to end up at C4 anyway.

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    As far as I know, that whole exhibit will be either in Dallas or Denver (it's one of those "D" cities) during C-IV. It will move at the beginning of May and is on a strict 3 month schedule that was set way in advance. It just came here (L.A.) from a three month stint in Boston. I'm sure there will be plenty of other models and such at C-IV, though.

14. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Must say the LA weather by lindas pics looks lovely,warm and sunny compared to the dull,windy cold and rainy weather here in the uk.

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    OK, the time has officially come: 100 days till CIV. Seemed like an eternity when CIV was announced last May. Now, today marks the last day before we hit double-digits in remaining days till the big event.

Let the countdown begin!!

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks, Justin, you just made my day!!! [face_dancing] I like the thought of only having a double-digit amount of days left to wait!

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    You're very welcome! It definitely put me in a better mood and made me feel all warm inside, especially with all the freezing rain and ice that we've had here in NY the past 48 hours.

Bring on that LA sunshine...

18. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, we know Gentle Giant and Sideshow will be making their presence felt at CIV with their exclusives. But I have yet to hear/read anything on what Master Replicas and Code 3 has in store for CIV. I'm assuming they will be there without a doubt.

I hope they announce something CIV-related from their respective camps soon.

20. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Here's a question for the C4 Nation. My money's going to be tighter than I originally planned. I'd like to experience something purely Californian besides C4 since I don't know when I'll be way over on the West Coast again. (I'm a Philadelphian!) I'm trying to decide between Disneyland and the Grand LA Tour including Beverly Hills, etc. I absolutely loved Walt Disney World in Florida so I'm sure I'd be right at home in Mickey's original spot. While I like touring unfamiliar cities, I don't want to be bored looking at places I've probably seen on TV a thousand times just by watching Entertainment Tonight or Extra over the years. Plus, I'm not a big time shopper so why would I want to just drive through Beverly Hills gawking at rich folks. Hmmm...[face_thinking]...I think Mickey's ahead by five points and I've answered my own question. What do you think?

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I think you are correct :).

22. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    So those LA Tours are basically just tourist traps, ValedaKor?

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The mouse gets my vote by a longshot.

24. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    My vote is for Disneyland. I love Disney World and haven't been to Disneyland in 20 years. I'm still trying to work out my plans but want to spend a few days at Disney prior to C4. Rumor has it the Pirates 3 premiere will be held there on the 19th. I can't decide if I want to come in that early but I just might. Of course I'd need a few more days at Disneyland to tour the parks since I'd have to sit next to the red carpet all day to save my spot on the 19th.

25. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Hmmmm well going to see mickey
    or
    Going on a LA tour with the prospect of seeing a bald headed britney spears if she keeps the hair-do up.... tough choice :p

I have a confession to make to people anyway about star wars conventions. I dont know why but I always feel uneven when I have some guy dressed in a vader costume standing near me especially behind me. There was one person at C3 who had a pretty amazing costume decked out with all the lights and sounds on his box but it just gave me the creeps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.