main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - C-IV Social Thread -- May, 2007 just can't come soon enough!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well to be honest I dont think it will be anymore expensive than going to watch premiership football here in the uk and thats a fact, I pay around the $70 mark to watch a game of football here.

2. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Excellent idea =D=

3. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Does anyone have any idea about any airsoft round that area?

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I know there are a few, but I just moved to the area, so I can't give you any details, or tell you which ones are worth checking out... :(

5. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Doing a quick search I noticed theres a paintball park in north hollywood
    http://www.conquestpaintball.com/

edit: I come across this site aswell which is near magic mountain??
    http://www.paintballpark.net/

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    This has got to be the closest -- only about 15 miles from downtown L.A. It's an indoor facility: Airsoft Playground. That's the closest; here is a link to other fields: Airsoft fields. I know the one in Chino is very popular. One of my friends in L.A. is a very serious airsoft player, if you want to know anything, I can ask him.

7. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Has anyone shipped their costumes to hotels before by the way? I am weighing up my options as to how I want to get my costume from here (uk) to LA in one piece.

8. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    You are amazing. [face_love]

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I haven't personnally, so I'm not too sure. But someone on the boards might be willing to have you ship it to their place and then pick it up from them when you get here. (But that would be between you and them.)

10. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I have never shipped a costume to a hotel, but I'm a unit leader (a type of supervisor) over a mailroom at my work and people ship materials all the time to the hotels they are going to.
    From what I understand, you should always check with your hotel first and see if they mind taking a package for you and then go from there.
    Myself, I am planning on shipping my costume (or atleast my boots).

11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I've shipped stuff (meeting materials) to plenty of hotels. But the thing is, never done it internationally. I'd be worried about that. There's also the Customs issues, too.

12. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I am going to contact the hotel about it anyway but I would rather ship it than take it with me as it will just be too much hastle and I have every faith in the US UK postal service cause afterall I buy more stuff from the US than here.

I dont know how long the process will take to get them done but I want to have my very own 501st trading card done so I shall be handing them out to people at C4 :D

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I have one of those, from a guy in the Central Garrison. His is really neat :).

14. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I have 5 of them kenny baker gave me his trading card at C3 which must have been down to the english accent cause no one else I came across had one and the no1 card I have is TK-210 aka albin johnson the founder of the 501st :cool:

edit: I know one thing for sure I am going to be packing my saber spoon in my luggage to use at breakfast in my hotel, it shall be the red saber spoon mind you cause I have three of them

15. dgxxx

dgxxx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Saber spoon. do they still sell it?

Here in Peru by the EPisode III madness
    the cereals came with 1 sided star wars
    cards.

Here in Peru im planning to rent a small movie room
    and watch Episode IV with my friends!

the best thing is that the movie room has bar and snacks [face_mischief]

well looks like all your planing to C4 isgoing well!

greetings from Peru!!

16. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well they dont sell them anymore it was when I was over in the states last year I picked up a box of apple jacks and got a saber spoon, I also bought a set of all the colours from ebay for a good price so I have them in their bags still.

Just found out about a money making scheme that I am sure people will no doubt try but afa the toy grading company announced they are going to be grading coins as from next month (potf) so I am sure you will be able to buy the convention coin sealed take it along to afa's booth and recieve the U95 grade (U standing for uncirculated)and sell them on ebay for fortunes.

17. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I completely forgot all about those spoons ... I have a couple of them as well, might need to pack them.

18. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    hahaha my bro has one...don't know where it is though. So do you guys think that I can take my lugage with me? My flight will come in that morning, well around noon, and I don't know what to do with my stuff...

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Your hotel will hold your luggage until you can check in, if your room isn't available when you arrive. I hope that's what you're asking....

20. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    just make sure you don't bring a fork with you! TSA took mine out of my carryon :(

apparently they were afraid I was going to do something drastic like eat a salad with it...

21. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well everyone knows you can make a "weapon of mass destruction" with a fork [face_worried]
    Or maybe they just do it so they can pile around a cctv screen onboard the plane and say "haha look at that mug in row D struggling to cut that chop up with the plastic knife and fork"

22. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    [image=http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/trimarisawards/silver-trident.gif]

Fork. (VK edit: Sorry, that URL is not showing up as an image file, so I just deleted it...)

23. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I am cheesed off
    I made my reservation for my celebration europe hotel the other month and now they decide to all of a sudden after months turn round and say they are changing the venue to the other side of london which I understand is bigger but why after months of being announced??they should be sorting out events not changing venue. The thing thats got me the most is they have said;
    Celebration Europe accommodation packages are scheduled to become available around the end of November.
    So thats like ummmmm next week. :rolleyes:

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Can undertand your concern, but 'tis best to have a venue that's got room for all of you. Needing more space bodes well for the convention, at least.

25. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I was just thinking back to what adrian was saying from gencon that you have to work out a figure of how many you expect will turn up to the convention and take it from there but beings its really the first I dont know how they would have come to working out where to have it cause I mean earls court is still a big venue in its own right. I was just annoyed that is all cause I made all my reservations for the hotel near earls court and then months later get told there is a venue change and that rooms will be available as from the end of november which is next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.