main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* Official Thread * Celebration 3 Store Discussion and Speculation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obey Wann, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Please discuss your thoughts about the Celebration 3 Store: What you would like to see there, the C3 Exclusive figure, etc...

2. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i'd like to see an exclusive zuckuss figure of some kind.

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    you mean more official than the Zuckuss from the 80's?

4. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
    Well, I guess the Ricky Mcallum pullstring doll will be out of the question.

George Lucas in Stormtrooper armor would be interesting.

No Vac metal stuff. How about A 3po with his helmet off with the likeness of mr Daniels two pack with an domeless R2 with Kenny bakers head sticking out? Tell me you wouldn't buy two of those. Mr. Bulloch with no helmet or Prowse helmetless with a comtech chip that says "I am VADER" ?

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    A hopeful endless supply of items.

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd love to see online ordering, and then just a place to pick up your purchases. The immediate problem, if course, is how to devise a system that won't let some (don't worry, I'm not accusing all of you) from abusing this at the con by getting in line again.

Maybe an order form that's punched when you pick everything up -- and once it's punched, you can't get any more. Anybody have other suggestions for a "control system?"

As far as an exclusive figure goes, I think it's time to honor Rick McCallum with his own action figure. Something with a datapad in one hand, comlink around his neck and "special beverage" in the other :).

7. Vader71

Vader71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    I would love a cool gentle Giant mini bust or MR replica exclusive:)

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd love to see some of those mini-busts, paticularly of clones and stormtroopers. Some action figures would be cool, although what would really be awesome is some fiction booklets.

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Something one of my people brought up at a recent meeting...

When they design the Celebration III badges and lanyards, would it be possible to incoprorate some barcode (on the back) that can be scanned for distribution of "exclusive" figures? That way...1 badge, 1 figure...and we all can get what is rightfully ours.

I hope the scalper who stole mine got a rash where the Tatooine suns don't shine!

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    If they are going to limit the figures to a per badge basis, then they might as well give you the option to buy your figures when you buy your tickets and then ship them out to you at the same time. One less then to carry around, one less line to wait in.

Of course, you'd need to have a supply of them for people who show up and want to buy them, but at least the majority of fans who got their tickets ahead of time would have a figure if they wanted it. Scalpers will find a way to get more than they should and resell them for ridiculous amounts...there's no fail safe way around it.

11. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Take Valedakor and Seb-X Idea put 'em in a bag and shake.

Basically LFL charges the fan the extra money for the figures.

This time around, they give the fans their goodie bags with 2 of the figures pre-packed in it.

Then all around the con center, you have multiple booths with 2 staff and 2 lines.
    1 line is for returning your figure and getting a full refund.
    the second one is to buy extra figures (I've suggested raising the price to 12.50 each)

That would even free some space in the SW-C3 Store.

[mod]
    -----> this should be in the Let's make it better thread[/mod]

And to go back on topic:

I'd love to see a silver Chewie. would fit well in my silvery collection.

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I hope whatever "exclusive" item they offer, it'll be sold in a manner where people sneakily don't buy a case of them, leaving people without one. Maybe they can stamp or punch your pass, so they can track who got one and who didn't.

13. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i'd like to see more wearable things for girls. last time they had tshirts, the hoodie, some hats, and the backpack (i've got the hoodie and backpack). i never wear the hoodie because it is HUGE on me and it's only a medium. i didn't really see any appealing tshirts though, and by appealing i don't mean: w/ pics of leia or padme..i mean the size and cut of the shirts. i'd like tshirts to be sold in more sizes than just L or XL. i guess the babydoll style would be ok, but those are always too tight..just a women's cut would be good so it's not hanging half-way down to my knees and the sleeves half-way to my elbows.

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    at least the majority of fans who got their tickets ahead of time would have a figure if they wanted it.
    Whatever it takes...the point is too many fans lost even the chance to get what was by rights theirs (Jorge Sacul figure) and then the scalper scum waved it in their face in the convention hall!

Mail it with the badge, or simple have it available for pickup upon showing your badge at the event...doesn't matter, as long as 1 man = 1 figure!

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    ...then the scalper scum waved it in their face in the convention hall!

As a meeting planner myself, this point always puzzled me, at CII. I run a book conference which includes a large "book room" for sellers. I set the rules for this room. Exhibitors are not allowed to sell anything outside of these rules. So, if I was running the CIII exhibit hall, exhibitors would be told that they COULD NOT sell any convention exclusives. And if I found out they were doing so in spite of the ban, they would be told in a not very polite fashion to cease and desist. This really seems quite simple to me, IMHO.

Yeah, I know this wouldn't cover the creeps that would just pack up and take things home, but at least they couldn't reap any profits at the con itself.

16. OTVader1138

OTVader1138 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    And that was something that a lot of us at CII never understood. When the Jorg Sacul fiasco started (which you would think that the folks at WotC would have forseen), they should have went around and made the vendors take down all of the CII exclusive merchandise.

But the fact that the vendors were in and out of the store before the DOORS EVEN OPENED to the rest of us should tell you that things weren't going to go very well for a lot of fans wanting some of that store stuff.

So..yeah. The con staff should have that in the vendor contract that they cannot sell any CIII merch at their booths. It would be so simple and cut down on a lot of unhappy campers wandering those halls.

17. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Krash: 1 man = 1 figure

I don't really like that rule... as a semi-collector, I like having 2 of the same figures, that way I can keep one for my rainy days and the other one I can open up and play with :D

It's not a doll, it's an action figure. Fresh Prince of Bel-air

but I agree there should be enough for everyone..

that's the other good thing about my earlier Idea. by having people requesting their figures earlier, (when they web-order their ticket) it gives the conchairs an idea of how many they need to make.

One of the so many reason they ran out of Jorg is because they never thought that 26000 fans and 1000 exhibitors and artist etc. would be there..

And you've got to admit, 54000 figures doesn't make it THAT exclusive anymore...but i'd still like to have two.

18. QuiTomGinn

QuiTomGinn Jedi Master

Feb 27, 2004
  19. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Okay, I know that Republic Credits are no good out there, but will the vendors be taking Credit Cards? Or will be cash only? Since I was not at C2, I do not know how it works. I sure would like some info on this. Thanks!

20. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Yes some of the dealers did except credit cards at C2.
    I am not sure if they all did or not though.
    I bought a few things with credit cards there when I ran out of cash one day.

21. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    You had to pay cash for the Sacul figure. I don't think many dealers accepted CCs, but I didn't check that closely.

And some kind of Vader figure seems a natural for this event. Perhaps in the new vintage packaging Hasbro rolled out for 2004.

22. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Okay folks, on average, how much money are people planning on bringing? Now, I am by no means a rich person, but I want to have a great experience while I'm there. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!

23. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i brought $600 w/ me to C:II and that was plenty. however, i was more into browsing through stuff..i don't buy a whole lot. as far as the store, last time i bought: backpack, hoodie, 2 jorg sacul figures, a C:II program, and a baseball hat for my brother.

24. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Read the FAQ, the money part is from me. hope you'll live passed my recommendation

25. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    First - the slightly OT "How to deal with the exclusive figure": Personally, I don't want mine mailed to me - there will be too many instances of peoples figures not coming in mint packaging, and as a collector I want to see it before I put down the cash. So simply limit the number everyone can buy and track it. Remember - for C2 they said 2 per person, but they never tracked it so people had 10-20 of them.

Okay - the store itself was fine last time. Were there long lines? Yup, but I think we all predicted that. And they did move pretty quickly for the volume they were dealing with. Selection was a bit skimpy, and quantities were lower than they should have been, but we have new people running C3 with all the feedback & notes from the past 2 so hopefully they can correct those problems.

My only other complaint - and it is a minor one - is that I found the merchandise a little dull. Nothing, except possibly one of the posters, really stood out or was different from what you find anywhere else. I am hoping they really do something different with the style of the apparel they sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.