main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Thread: Discussion of Potential Changes to the Classic Trilogy for Future Release, V.2.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Brandon Rhea, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compactor_3263827

Compactor_3263827 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2003
    I don't think replacing Vader's theme is that big a deal. I actually think the Imperial March would be pretty cool, and add more gravitas to the scene, not to mention a little continuity with the rest of the saga.

But most of the other suggestions Drewton made were not my cup of tea, either.

2. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I just watched some of Adywan trailer. Sorry to say, but it just looks bad. The lasers? Oh my gosh. The "color correction" is even more off. The emperor hologram in ep V. Sheesh, I couldn't even finish THE TRAILER.

3. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Why not fix the Emperor's ROTS eyes so they look closer to ROTJ? The older films came first and if any effort is going to be made to homogenize things, it should be done to the recent films rather than the older ones.

I wouldn't object to CGIing the mouths of masks and puppets -- IF it were done in a subtle way, rather than a way that says "Hey! Look! We've 'fixed' these guys mouths with kewl digital FX! See how they sparkle and glisten with luminous computer-generated pixels? Are we awesome or WHAT?"

I'm glad you said Yoda's ship would be unnecessary, because that's exactly what it would be.

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Just to comment on the latest "Should the Emperor be in ANH" posts.

Sidious (not the Chancellor) was only in AOTC right at the very end, and it didn't detract from that film, so he doesn't need to be added to ANH just because he's in the other films. He's mentioned, as is the senate. That's all that the film needs.

5. Sanctuary_Moon

Sanctuary_Moon Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2004
    Drewton, I'm an OT purist so I already dislike the Special Editions on principle. However, after reading your lists, all I can say is that I thank the Maker that George Lucas is making these changes and not the "fans".

6. Compactor_3263827

Nov 10, 2003
    I dunno. I'm kinda digging Adywan's work. From what I've seen, I like the color correction on all the Hoth Scenes. No more drab blue glow over everything.

7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Maybe they could start with the Neimoidians in TPM...

8. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    The color looks off to me. That shot of Yoda in the trailer is just awful, the lasers are horrendous, and the palpatine hologram looks like a school project. Things just don't fit.

For the blue ray release, just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start from scratch. Meaning, just get the best representation of the original film. All this bs going on with "correcting" sabers and "enhancements" JUST LOOK OFF!

9. Compactor_3263827

Nov 10, 2003
    Well, to each their own, I guess.

I'm watch Adywan's ANH, and I think it's pretty good. The planet under the Death Star seems a little unnecessary, though.

10. TheLionheart

TheLionheart Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2009

11. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Please leave comments like "fans" out of these discussions, because I know exactly what you're implying. We discuss the films here, not the fans, and it's not your place or my place to start defining what does and does not constitute a Star Wars fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.