main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Thread: Discussion of Potential Changes to the Classic Trilogy for Future Releases

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Guy-Gone_Weird, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    That would just be weird... not really, no. :oops: :p

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Who would be doing the flahing back, no one manages to live through the entire saga, except R2. 3PO too, but he had his memory erased. Maybe Sidious as he's falling down the shaft.

3. Mr-Bungle

Mr-Bungle Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    Yoda will be never be CGI McCallum has been quoted as saying " there will never ever be a CGI Yoda replacing the puppet in the early Star Wars movies" this was said at a gathering to publize Sith DVD at the Ranch

Lucas and Coleman have also repeatidly said this....

this should end speculation over a CGI Yoda...

4. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yeah, but I don't think that includes The Phantom Menace. I've heard they're working on making him cgi in that movie, and I francly wouldn't mind since he looks just plain weird in that movie. Changing him in the orginals, though, is a big no no IMO.

5. Mr-Bungle

Mr-Bungle Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    I believe its yes for TPM but no,not ever for the original trilogy

6. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    He also said that Chewbacca would not be in Revenge of the Sith. Just remember that when it comes to what good ol' Rick tells us, never say never.

7. danbrojr

danbrojr Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    I did find a page that has a changed image from TPM regarding the change from puppet to CGI. You look at this and tell me the CGI prequel Yoda isn't better than Puppet prequel Yoda...

http://www.nightly.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=028712;p=0

Enjoy

8. Mr-Bungle

Mr-Bungle Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    I prefer the TPM CGI Yoda, none of its an issue with me I just posting the comment, I am not getting into and no interest in arguments, in the end does Lucas come on theforce.net to see what the fans want in HIS films and do they influnce his descions....

9. DanaSolo

DanaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    All I know is that in Empire Strikes Back and Jedi Yoda felt like a living, breathing entity and I loved him. In AOTC and ROTS he felt like a computer generated character. The grit and realism had been sucked right out of him.

Also, in AOTC and ROTS he is basically just talking backwards, where in ESB and Jedi he talks as if english is is second language. Im surprised Lucas didnt pay attention to that in the prequels, but then again CGI was clouding his mind...

10. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    I love that new cgi Yoda over that puppet of him in TPM.Also they could use CGI Yoda to show Yoda and Luke practicing their lightsabers.Luke could be in his x-wing uniform with the helmet and show them sparring.

The puppet Yoda looks good in some scenes in the OT and in some scenes he doesn't.Like when Yoda is in his hut he doesn't look good there,they should cg him in that scene.

But GL loves CGI,and he loves how it is evolving.You can bet he will get rid of every puppet in the OT.

11. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    It's really amazing how little you know that man. He's just an artist doing something he wants to do, yet he gets backlash by people who say, "George Lucas raped my childhood". Seriously, people, let it go. We've been hearing this since 1997, and it's getting old.

12. DanaSolo

Sep 26, 2005
    I know plenty-much more then you I would guarantee.

Whats getting old is trying to make the much inferior AOTC and ROTS 'match' the OT-when Lucas should have done it the other way around if he was so worried about continuity. I dont include TPM in that because I think it was well done and wonderfully acted by the great Liam Neeson. Hayden Christensen really detracted from the two others, not a good choice at all, what a shame.

It is great to use the technology that is available, but not at the expense of the story and integrity of the films. They were perfect the way they were and making changes for the sake of changes is just lame. Clean up the effects? Fine. But he is gone to far. AOTC was a perfect example of sacrificing story for the sake of effects.

TLJ Edit: Films not Fans, please.

13. MasterJedi-OliverR

MasterJedi-OliverR Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2004
    I dono...
    But...one things for sure.
    I am going to buy this after christmas...I just have to have it!
    I can't resist the urge to jump to my tall speaker, reach for the OT 2004 box on display, open it and get the 50.00 I have been saving for the event of a new SW OT DVD release. I just goto have it. Wether it be for the shiny new box and covers, or the new content!

14. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Im surprised Lucas didnt pay attention to that in the prequels, but then again CGI was clouding his mind...

Yes, Lucas is the one not paying attention. o_O

It's really amazing how little you know that man. He's just an artist doing something he wants to do

And he's been and continues to be extremely successful at what he does and he's been and continues to be extremely well rewarded for doing what he does. Great guy. Great talent. He knows what he's doing. :cool:

I dono...
    But...one things for sure.
    I am going to buy this after christmas...I just have to have it!
    I can't resist the urge to jump to my tall speaker, reach for the OT 2004 box on display, open it and get the 50.00 I have been saving for the event of a new SW OT DVD release. I just goto have it. Wether it be for the shiny new box and covers, or the new content!

I'll get it when it comes out, widescreen and full screen, changes or no changes, updates or no updates, new content or no new content, original theatrical releases, SPECIAL EDITION, 2004 versions, a more recent version, whichever version. That's what I'm going to do. :cool:

15. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I know plenty-much more then you I would guarantee. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sure you do. Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

16. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Yes, I found that funny too.

17. DanaSolo

Sep 26, 2005
    Yes, thats why he continues to put out the same thing every few months-because people like yourself continue to buy it.

And to imply that I dont 'know' anything about Lucas just because I have a different opinion then you shows [something]. Dont you realize trying to push your opinion on m(which I dont respect)is like talking to a wall?

TLJ Edit: That was flaming.

18. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Every few months?

SE - 1997
    DVD - 2004
    DVD, Part 2 - 2005

I for one will not be buying the DVDs, no matter what it has. And, you call me single-minded? You are doing the exact same thing. I respect both sides and think both are right. I think that the changes should continue, but the OOT should be released.

TLJ Edit: Last part wasn't needed. Would only end up baiting people

19. NemesisEnforcer

NemesisEnforcer Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2005
    thank god for you Bec, this forum is always argueing with each other about whos right, at the end every ones going to have what they want. i'm sure there will be a O-OT dvd, and we know there will be more changes in the future. so post your ideas and move along. "every ones right"! no need to talk baddly bout anyone.

20. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    I'm not sure if I am supposed to take "Thank God for you Bac" as sarcasm or not. :p

21. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Thank you very much for turning this thread into another boring mess. Don't discuss marketing strategies of GL/LFL/Fox, discuss the actual topic of this thread (figure out yourself what that is...). And stick to discussing the films and the changes, NOT fans and their opinions!

22. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999
    TLJ Edit: I'm sure you were still writing this when I posted, but seeing how it's nothing original or exceptionally thought-provoking, I can just as well remove it... before someone thinks of replying...

23. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.