main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Thread: Hayden Christensen replacing Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's Force Ghost

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Ben R, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Which would be...?

You know, Fenn, if you don't have an interest in actual clarifying discussion and are only here to give smug half-responses, maybe you should go away.

2. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I guess the only way to combat logic is with a wisecrack.

With that excuse, anything can be explained away. I'd use that judiciously if I were you...

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If something isn't SHOWN in the PT but is not CONTRADICTED by the PT, it does not need "explaining". I guess you need George to explain why he didn't follow your imaginary rules.

4. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    Tell that to Go-Mer. He's the one saying Jedi don't actually die, but give themselves to the Force.

Do you read only the first few words in a sentence and then hit reply? My statement is pretty black and white. Anakin didn't die when the Vader persona arose.

What does that have to do with the statement I made? Anakin had become Vader, but never lost his true self, only buried it. Your comeback was "tell it to the people on Alderaan or Captain Antilles." To which I replied that the original poster wasn't referring to the deaths Vader caused, only this supposed "metaphorical" death of Anakin. Try to keep in focused on the point next time.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The old "Go-Mer Distraction" strategy. Well, thanks for the update, I guess.[face_laugh]

"Metaphorical" does not mean "literal". Period.

Everything.

6. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    You were the one who brought it into contention. Now you run away and push the emphasis on Go-Mer. Sad. You don't mind using quotes from other people when it suits your side of an argument, but when those quotes are picked apart, you blame the originator of the quote.

Which is why they are two separate words, to use your line. [face_laugh]

Another non-answer.

The knee-jerk gainsaying of what others post does not constitute a valid argument. Surely you can do better.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, I'm the one who always brings up Go-Mer when the other person's arguments aren't suitably Go-Mer-esque. [face_laugh] Focus... focus.

Which begs the question of why you insist they must have the same definition.

Or is it... the answer to the question?

8. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    Twist, twist, twist... :rolleyes:

How many times do I need to explain it to you? The only, ONLY time Anakin dies, metaphorically or literally, is at the end of ROTJ. If you can't understand this simple idea, please don't bother trying to debate this point any longer. You see? I do understand the difference between metaphor and reality. You can stop using that lame comeback now, k?

How is "everything" an answer to a question? That's pretty all-encompassing, no? A person with any debating skills at all would go into detail. Apparently you'd rather make a pointless post and then run. Why?

9. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    [image=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd240/csmraymondchan/ChubbyChecker.jpg]
    Focus....

Metaphorical still does not mean the same thing as literal, and Lucas still pwns you.

I guess if you say it enough times it becomes true!

It's an answer to the question "What's Antilles got to do, got to do with it? What's Antilles but a second-hand Alderaanian? Who needs a neck when a neck can be broooooken?"

10. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001
    Alright mods, time to step in and stop this antagonistic, trollish behavior from Arawn_Fenn. I don't want this thread to be locked because of one sad individual. Thank you.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    You tried that already, remember.

Contradicting your dismissal of the English language is not trolling.

Neither is citation of the author, whose stance ( as usual ) is being ignored.

12. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001

Blah, blah, blah. If you had any decency in your character at all, you'd drop the arrogant act and try debating like a normal individual. Life isn't always about clever quips and appearing better than everyone else.

Let's get this thread back on track now, please.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Attacks on my "character" will get you nowhere.

The evidence is right there in the thread, and you have nothing to counter it with so you're resorting to threats.

Does that count as a "win" in Internet land? [face_laugh]

Translation: a thread is only "on track" if no one challenges your stance.

14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

May 31, 2001

Will you STOP?!?!?!

Back on track, PLEASE.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I've been on track the whole time.

Shaw is too old.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The personal attacks stop now or I lock the thread.

17. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I'm actually locking it now. I said one more strike and the thread gets locked. I think the personal attacks, trolling, baiting, discussion of fans instead of films, etc. in the last fifteen or so posts qualifies as as a strike.

This thread will either be reopened or restarted in a few weeks or months. You all need time to calm yourself and come back with cool heads. I don't want to see any PMs saying it was so-and-so's fault, either. There's lots of blame to go around between some of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.