main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep III Discussion Thread--Part 6

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by naw ibo, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey, Naw's back!!! Yippy!!! May the force be with you.

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Nice to see you in here Naw Ibo.

I rant elsewhere about other things now(I seem to have a knack for picking the characters most likely to be picked on, called names, unappreciated, etc -- I don't understand, they always seem to cool and interesting to me )

Hmmn... Apollo on the new BSG series, by any chance? Most likely candidate, but I have yet to see any of season 2.

Anyway, back on topic: I'm hoping that GL's comentary on the DVD will be interesting, and touch upon Obi-Wan and his place in the saga. This being the last movie in the sequence, Lucas has no reason to hold back telling us his ideas behind the story. The deleted scenes don't sound so exciting :(

3. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Obi-Wan is the best hero/character/everything in ROTS, hands down! There's no point debating the issue!

4. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Without a doubt, UltimateObi-Wan_987.

5. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Hmmn... Apollo on the new BSG series, by any chance? Most likely candidate, but I have yet to see any of season 2.

OMG!!! You know me too well! Actually he's been getting less flack in the second season thus far. But he's not the only one so I've been kept busy.:D

6. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    I don't understand the Obi-Wan hate. How can anyone deny that he's the best Jedi/character of the PT?

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Because when you start placing the tag of 'best' on it and ask how others can't agree, that subjective thought will always find counter opinions and a defensive posture from those who disagree.

Also, just a reminder that we have to lock this thread at 5,000 posts and restart it anew. :)

8. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    So right, Sapient. Everyone has his/her own opinion and what is best to one person, is not best to another. We have to agree to disagree sometimes. I think that Obi-Wan is a good example of what a true Jedi should be in character, behavior and actions. However, not all will agree that all of his actions, etc. are in line with their conceptions, so I guess that is what debate is for. One has to learn to respect others opinions just as you want to have yours respected. How many to 5,000 Sapes?

9. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'm still here and lurk here and in the fanfics and in the slash fanfic :cool:. But Darth RL has been a Sith in the last few months and I did not get to watch RoTS in the theater as much as I wanted to this summer.

Eventually this board will fade into a ghost of its former self and it will be very sad to see that happen, TV or no TV show.

A another flurry of discussion when the DVD comes out I'm sure, but other than that :_|

10. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Just checking in to see if anyone is around....apparently not. DVD coming soon! Yeah, baby, yeah! Only two weeks. Time sure has flew by.

11. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    I don't understand the Obi-Wan hate. How can anyone deny that he's the best Jedi/character of the PT?

i dont hate him but he is not my faqv character ,i prefer evil ones[face_devil]

12. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Guess so, Sithrules. No problemo. To each his own.

13. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    You Kenobi freaks need to get this thread back on top, it is always intresting.

14. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    We are all over in the community forums in the Official Obi-Wan Kenobi Fan club.

15. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Obi-wan is my favorite character.[face_peace] he is alwalys following the jedi code.:) He always thinks when he fights. He doesnt let anything get in his way when he fights. He is one of the most powerful jedi in the saga. He is one of the better jedi. All the jedi should be like Obi-wan.:cool:

16. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    When Obi-Wan says "For the name of...", what do you think he would say if he finished the sentence?

For the name of... what?
    /LM

17. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    I think he would say "In the name of the Sith!!!" because Anakin just did something that did not help the situation. ie. shot off his wing.... It's a curse, so to speak, I would guess. Hey, just my opinion.

18. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Obi-wan is one of the best Jedi in the Jedi order, Obi-wan is a legendary Jedi knight, Obi-wan was sent to go fight Grievous because he is the most strongest defensive fighter in the order,
    The council needed to find Grievous because they thought it would end the war, They wanted to make sure that they sent the strongest defensive fighter, If Mace was a stronger defensive fighter then why not send Mace? If Obi-wan fights a stronger opponent it does not ensure the stronger opponent to force choke and toss Obi-wan like Dooku did because Obi-wan is very powerful in the force and it is not easy for the stronger opponent to force choke and toss another Jedi that is very powerful in the force. To force choke and toss another jedi that is very powerful in the force the opponent has to find the Jedi he is dueling off guard, Dooku had to find Obi-wan of guard to force choke and toss him like that and Obi-wan only got force choked and tossed only once,it wouldn't happen to Obi-wan again, If it was easy to force choke Obi-wan then Anakin would have done it but he did not so that proves that it is not easy to force choke and toss Obi-wan like that. By episode 4 Obi-wan was on Mace's level in terms of power and if the events of episode 3 did not happen then Obi-wan would have had the same lightsaber skills as Mace, Obi-wan has not been dueling for almost 20 years but if Obi-wan did continue to duel then Obi-wan would have been on the same level as Mace in terms of lightsaber skills. So if Obi-wan did fight Mace it would not be easy for Mace to force choke and toss Obi-wan like Dooku did because it is not easy to force choke and toss another jedi that is very powerful in the force, Even Mace knows that Obi-wan is very powerful in the force, In episode 2 Anakin said that Obi-wan is "powerful as master Windu" so that proves that Obi-wan is a good fighter like Mace, Obi-wan beat Anakin "the chosen one fair and square, Anakin did not defeat himself, Obi-wan defeated Anakin himself because Obi-wan is a much better fighter then Anakin because Obi-wan is years more experienced then Anakin and Obi-wan does not think like Anakin, Anakin maybe more powerful but Anakin has not learned to control his power, Anakin being more powerful does not make him the better fighter, Obi-wan is the better fighter, All of Obi-wan's victories are not from luck they are from the will of the force even Obi-wan said that in episode 4 that "in his experience there is no such thing as luck" that means that force let him win not luck, When Obi-wan tells Anakin that he is a greater jedi Obi-wan was just being nice to his friend because Anakin helped him a lot, It is just like in episode 1 when Qui-gon tells Obi-wan that he is a much wiser man then he is, Those are the masters being nice to there padawans. Obi-wan is one of the best fighters the Jedi order has had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.