main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
  2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks, Val. Needless to say, I will be checking this thread quite frequently every single day. [face_dancing]

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    :) thank you. I will be checking too. I want to able to buy the tickets for me and my son. [face_dancing]

4. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Me tooooooooooooooooo! Got to go to this one..hell I was there 30years ago. [face_dancing]

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey VK, thanks for all you're hard work in keeping us informed! You're awesome! Hope you have a great trip!

6. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Does anyone remember that when we purchased tickets last time, was there information to go along with the convention or just the ticket purchase? All I remember was seeign a list of stars I was dissappointed with and that was it. I forget it that was when I bought the tickets or if that information was provided later.

7. turkas

turkas Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2006
    While I was at gencon indy this year there was a Celebration IV and gencon representive there. She said that an offical anouncment will come out in mid or late september and badge and hotel sales will soon follow. She also said they are gonna try to run the housing block the same way they did gen con indy this year. Meaning that badges will go on sale on day and about a couple days later you will be sent your housing block code and hotels will go on sale that day. They did it to help keep from total crashes in the server that would happen every year. She also said that there would be free transportation from the far hotels and said that the holiday inn is included in the housing block.

8. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I spoke with a nice lady at Gen Con and she said the announcement would come and you would be able to buy tickets. After you purchased your tickets you would be sent an e-mail that would detail all hotels involved in the block. At that point you would be able to call and try and book your room.

9. turkas

turkas Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2006
    Yeah that's what she told me but then I asked will the numbers be on the same day or will it be like this years gen con booking system. She was confused I explaned this years system and she said well I think they might actually be doing that esepcally if it worked alot better, but I am fuzzy on that whole thing I don't thin she knew alot of the offical word on the housing block but she did say mid to late sep. on tickets.

10. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I think we will be able to buy tickets in the next 2 weeks and we will have the majority of information we need. I know over the next few months new guests will be signing on and they will keep coming after that, but we should have a good foundation in the next 2 weeks.

Of course I don't have any idea what I am talking about and if I were you I wouldn't listen to a word I am saying.

11. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    I sincerely won't complain as long as I get my eight-year-old son there. After all it is MY fault that he is a fan. Besides..I wouldn't miss it for anything..was there when it started waaaaaay back when it was just Star Wars and not A New Hope.[face_praying] [:D]

12. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    :cool: Jeeeeust checking in. Nothing yet hmmm?[face_worried] [:D] Tis okies. Will check in again after dialysis today. BBL. Stay Safe! :)

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    It's been over 4 months now since C4 was officially announced. You would think LFL and/or Gen Con would have given us SOMETHING during that time period.

But alas, patience is a virtue, and "good things come to those who wait". So we will just have to stay the waiting course and just keep checking the websites for the latest news...

14. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Some new C-NEWZ

Steve Sansweet has posted that Celebration Europe will share some of the same highlights as C4 in LA

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060925.html

There is also a website up for Celebration Europe -

http://www.celebrationeurope.com/

15. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    It seems like a lot of travelers are going to have to book non-official hotels because only 3,500 official rooms are going to be available. Check it out:

http://www.cmrus.com/cmr/cmrnews.htm#gencon

Almost there, almost there.... [face_praying]

My group already booked at a non-official hotel, just in case. We booked a 2-bedroom apartment with full amenities for $229/night in Hollywood (free parking for our rental van!). We've all agreed to take public transportation to the convention, and to use our rental to go sightseeing. However if the official rooms aren't too expensive, we're going to cancel our original reservation and book through CMR.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for that! Reading that, looks like they aren't officially booking anything outside of the "immediate" downtown area.

I hadn't thought of recommending to people they try booking a vacation rental -- that was an omission on my part, I should have done that. I posted this on the social thread, but I'll post it here, too; a website that I have used is this: Vacation Rentals By Owner. They have quite a few in the Los Angeles County area.

17. Queen-of-Naboo

Queen-of-Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2006
    Hey, I read through this thread, but I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd share:

There's a registration page on gencon for C4:

http://registration.gencon.com/celebration/

But I don't think you can buy badges yet, just register. If I missed something, will one of you please let me know?

~Tally

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, that link is just to register on GenCon for their conventions -- which everyone needs to do attend of time, to save time. The actual C-IV registration link isn't live yet.

19. Queen-of-Naboo

Queen-of-Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2006
    Oh ok, cool. I just wasn't sure.

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I would also recommend for fans who have already previously registered on Gen Con's website for past conventions (such as C3) to make sure their registration info is current and up-to-date.

Just to be on the safe side in case you moved recently, changed phone numbers, etc.

21. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    yeah I already went in and updated my info. Now I'm just waiting on those tickets to go on sale

22. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I had to go to forgot password and type my email address in to get my login name and password from C3 all my details are the same. Did anyone click yes on the volunteer section??
    Just booked my hotel for celebration europe which is across the road so pretty much have got that event sorted out.
    I was in panic mode as my bank card expires this month and I would not have recieved a new card till the end of the month so I thought knowing my luck the site will be up and running before I get my new card so I ended up going up the bank and saying I need a new card quick which of course I got today so I am all happy in that respect :D

23. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    This is interesting, btw for non collectors its a Q&A column that gets conducted once a month where you can post your questions to hasbro in a thread which then some are picked and put forward to hasbro
    Galactic Hunter: Will there be any difference between the upcoming Celebration 4 exclusive figure(s) and Celebration Europe's, be it a packaging difference or a difference in the figure itself?

HASBRO: It's too early to talk about Celebration 4 just yet? ask us in about a month

Now I very much doubt a figure exclusive can be announced before a website is up and running so I can only assume it will be up and running in the next 2-3 weeks.

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for the info!

Hmmm, the more I read, the more I think announcement on October 27, tickets go on sale October 30 - a Monday. The date makes sense, IMO :) :) :).

25. Vru_Shattai

May 3, 2004
    Now I'm sure this question has been asked already but...

Anyone got any idea how much the tickets are for the entire Celebration for...

1 - Adult
    1 - Child
    1 - Senior

Thanks for your help. All I need is a basic round figure for the whole thing. Then I know what I have to beg my husband for. [face_money_eyes]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.