main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    JV and SR... you're both going? I was trying to decide whether or not to try for tickets. Since there will be some familiar faces, I might give it a shot. Which morning are you trying for? Val, (this is probably a dumb question) are you going? If so, which day?

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Hey JF
    I'm going to try for Friday. I'm going to meet with the rest of the LA gang this afternoon and I'm going to push for Friday, It's JV birthday so might as well start the day off right like she said with a Star Wars breakfast. I bet I can get DH and JR in it as well. Join us it is your destiny.

Edit: VK is working the event I believe. So she's going but not really going.

3. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    All that goes to the breakfast make sure your armed with your saber spoons :p

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'll try to get a seat for the 25th then. I enjoyed the one at the Comic-Con. The food wasn't that good, but the goodie bags were great! It sort of all balanced out. I don't think anyone from the IEFF will be going, though I need to check on that.

How sad... I'll fork out $80 bucks for a breakfast, but not $25 for the RL mixer. My FF is having our dinner that night, so I had to make a choice.

5. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I remember during the comic con 05 hyperspace breakfast we had scrambled eggs with asparagus.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I feel the same way JF. I'm skipping for the same reason, but if you think about it the whole convention is a mixer of sorts really. I'll see everyone throughout the five days so it will be fine. So come to the breakfast and you'll get to see me, and won't that be wonderful for you ;) .

And though my first choice for a side with eggs isn't asparagus I guess I can see it. Southern California and our "fancy" cooking.

7. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, darn it, of all the days to end up forgetting to bring in my credit card....there are days when I strongly suspect I'm *such* an idiot, I swear. :( *rueful expression* I don't suppose, though....I mean, is there a chance that tickets for the breakfast, either day, would still be available tomorrow when I'd actually make a point of it to remember my wayward card....? I'd just hate to think that I'd be totally out of luck then, that's all.... (and I don't know what sort of mad rush there'll likely be on the tickets, though eeek, I do have an inkling....dear, dear me)

Dawn. (curses her Monday morning forgetful self)

8. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Dawn (hehe, my sisters' name), they're selling the breakfast tix at 12pm cst and 8pm cst...You should be home from work (or wherever) by then right?

9. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Holy crap! The first set of tickets for Friday and Sunday were sold out within a couple minutes...:confused:

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I would be, ye-es, but I don't have access to a comp on which I could take care of it, then, is the thing....not from home, anyway.... (I'm purely text-based there, which is usually enough though at times like this I'm vividly and acutely aware that that's not always the case) *rueful, slightly pained expression* Should I be worried, though, or fretting unduly....because I already kinda am, truth be told.... :)

Dawn.

11. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Well, that truly sucked. I got to the page for the Sunday breakfast while the item was still still available. However, when I click on the button to try and buy the item, I get the "Transaction Blocked. This Item has Ended" screen.

That all happened in less than a minute.

12. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Not happy, because of shipping details on a will call item I missed out and because of work I wont beable to make the second round.

13. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Dear oh dear, this certainly doesn't seem to bode very well at all, from what you're so far saying, the distinct impression it already gives....not the most encouraging news I would've been otherwise hoping for.... *furrows brow and bites lip in a worried expression*

Dawn.

14. jaklits

jaklits Jedi Knight

May 2, 2007
    Man, I hit the Pay button in PayPal and the message came up, this item is no longer available. I'll try again tonight from home but I have dial-up, so I don't have much hope.
    I'll try and look on the bright side, I'll save $140.00 by not going.

15. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Yup, that was the first thing I said to myself... that is, after a brief string of expletives.

This just might be the incentive I needed to use my extra day after C4 to go to Disneyland. That money's gotta be spent somewhere, right?

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I ditto the above post. I tried, got to the page with Paypal, then blocked, item no longer available. Some people out there are fast. I have a bad connection here at work so whatever, I'll save my money and spend it on something else.

17. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hrmmmmmm, well, the more you mention it, then - these travails and frustrations and general vexations in even trying to get at these breakfast tickets in the first place, and how I gather that it's just been insanely problematic like that for most everyone who's been trying....I suppose on the one hand, then, as you're saying - that does make me in earnest wonder whether I should even bother goin' for it, or whether I'd perhaps be better off saving that money for other things....other swag things, I'm sure.... :) I'm a little back-and-forth on it, I suspect, but certainly given what I'm hearing about all the trouble and aggravation people have so far had....well, yep, some serious pause for thought to be had there, then, and no mistake....hrm. :)

Dawn.

18. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    got everything up to the paypal checkout and then blocked me. Still said there were 88 available at the time. real grat. Oh well... $70 saved I guess...

19. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    YESSS!!!!! Nabbed two tickets to the Friday breakfast for my wife and I!!! My heart was racing from the suspense!!

To those of you who were able to secure a ticket for Friday, see you there my friends!! =D=

20. Gackt

Gackt Jedi Master

Nov 3, 2004
    Ok, I´m in at Friday, but my friend is out.
    We are 3 people from Spain, my girlfriend, a friend and me.

If someone can sell a ticket for my friend we are grateful for it sen me a PM, PLEASE.

Thanks for all.

21. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Starting clicking about 2 minutes before the auction started at Noon. *Click* nothing *Click* nothing...click, click, click. Page finally pops up. Scored two tickets for Sunday. The suspense was a killer. After paying, I went back and looked at the auction and read the fine print. "In the comments section of your paypal payment put the names of the people attending"...D'OH!!!!! Started worrying AGAIN! [-o|

Shot a message to Anne at officalpix, who thankfully took care of that for me. Woo Hoo! [face_dancing]

22. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000

YIKES!!!!! I did not do that! What is Anne's email?

23. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Here you go, Lufta: anne@officialpix.com

Make sure you provide the PayPal transaction ID #, the name(s) of the people attending, and what day.

24. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I had two tickets for the May 25th, Friday morning Fan Club Breakfast lined up for me and my wife and when I got to the credit card info page it didn't have my info even though they've had it for a long time. So, I entered the info and pressed continue and then it came up with a message saying they already have/had the info for that credit card. What was going on? So I tried entering info for my other credit card and then it said it was too late. :confused:

What happened?

I was that close and as far as I can tell, there was a mistake on paypals part, causing/possibly causing me to miss out. What? I don't get it. That really disappoints me. I was THAT close.

Congratulations to everyone able to purchase a ticket(s).

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

25. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Thanks so much! [luke] How could I be so stupid...[/luke] Did Anne send you a reply email so you could rest easy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.