main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - Official Announcements - Updated 5/18 - Blood Drive

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    We don't have any idea what the price is for the tickets yet. Since the "package price" was $95 for adults and $40 for children (6-12 years old) for C-III, the speculation has been that this time they will be in the $125/$50 range. There was no "price break" for seniors; anybody over 12 paid the same price.

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I should say beg your husband for $200 which I should say may cover the cost of a family pass for the whole time, if its under that amount then well at least you can buy some more stuff then [face_mischief]

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    That would be quite a Halloween treat for me - buying my C4 tickets!!! [face_dancing]

4. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    I think it's going to happen towards the end of October also :) I'll definitely make sure to take the day OFF :)

As soon as I purchase the badges, I'm going to send a "Vacation Request" form to my boss with these attached under the "COMMENTS" section:

1. Confirmation for badge purchases.
    2. Confirmation for plane tix.
    3. Confirmation for car rental.
    4. Confirmation for hotel reservation.

Since CIV will happen during Memorial Day weekend, there's a high chance that my bosses will take that week OFF themselves and reschedule my request. BUT if I send them all those confirmation numbers maybe they will feel obligated to approve it :) And IF NOT...:_|

5. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I already got mine aproved told them i need it off or i quit, they lol at me and i said i am serrious. the laughs turned of and aproved me for two weeks off. lol I love my job.

6. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I will slap my holiday up for it in the new year most people generally pay out for things that my company have no choice to give you the time off.

7. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    [face_thinking] A hotel I just made a reservation with knew about C4 last may [face_shhh]

8. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    My boss told me he's planning on taking that same week off in May to go on his annual fishing trip. I said I wouldn't be working for him then and he needed to find another employee.

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
  10. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] WOOT! GOT REGISTERED FOR ME, MY 8 YEAR OLD SON AND LOL MY 71 YEAR OLD MOTHER!!! [:D] [:D]

CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL THERE!!!

=D= IF WE CAN FIND EACH OTHER. :cool:

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Just incase the sticky is overlooked.

Add yourself to the roster

It's not too hard to find those you want too find with a little advanced planning.

12. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Closer to May we all need to set up a meeting time and place!

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Best to do so after they have posted the schedule.

14. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
  15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Many of you have probably seen this, but here's the information about how to submit your very own ideas for panels, exhibits, entertainment, etcetera. There's also info about the space being set aside for fan groups (I know our Pacific RSA is working on putting together something for this).

It would be great to see your idea make it to C-IV!

Here's your chance to shine at C-IV!

16. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Just for the record gus lopez is going to be organising the collecting track for C4 so he is all open for people to come up with ideas what they would like to see at the collecting panels.
    I cannot seem to post the link to the thread but its in the celebration IV section over at the rebelscum forums

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    If you're not a Rebelscum poster, here at least is what Gus posted on that board:

"I'm organizing the program for the Celebration IV collecting track. I'm very interested in hearing ideas for talks, panels, and activities for the C4 collecting program, especially new topics that haven't been covered before, interactive events, and suggestions that span the diversity of interests & demographics in Star Wars collecting.

Also, if you have feedback on things that worked well or could stand to improve from previous Celebration collecting events/talks, please let me know. Just shoot me an email with your suggestions. Thanks.

Gus
    lopez@drizzle.com"

I posted that I wanted to see a panel on female SW collectors, and something on preserving your collection. He'd be very happy to see more ideas. You can e-mail him at the address noted above, or here is the Rebelscum link: Collecting Track at C-IV.

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
  19. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    The Homing Beacon had a nice little C4 Fan Club Members update. For those who don't receive it via email:

20. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Thanks for posting that, CarolynNC. :)

21. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    For anyone interested in volunteering for GenCon at C4, the Volunteer page on the C4 site has been updated. They've also added the information to their FAQ.

Applications here

If you email your form and it bounces back you might try adding an "s" to volunteer.

22. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  23. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
  24. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Taken from Sideshow's website earlier this morning:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=2705

25. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Just got this e-mail from Gen Con:

Celebration IV ? The Biggest Star Wars Party of 2007!

Star Wars Celebration IV is coming to the Los Angeles Convention Center May 24 ? 28, 2007. The five days of Star Wars fun will pivot around May 25, the actual 30th anniversary date of the saga. Fans, stars, entertainers, and media are expected from all over the world to celebrate all the fun that?s been, and all that?s still to come for the Star Wars galaxy.

Fans should be sure not to miss the 30th Anniversary Opening Ceremonies on Friday evening, May 25. The Ceremonies will be a double celebration, officially kicking off a huge weekend of Star Wars fun, while commemorating the actual 30th anniversary of the first day Star Wars opened in theaters in 1977. Look for entertainment, guest stars, and special surprises designed just for this memorable evening.

The Star Wars movie saga started with rich, original ideas both for story and visual effects from young filmmaker George Lucas. At Star Wars Celebration IV we?ll honor the innovative spirit of movie making at the Sixth Annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards. Moviemakers will compete for one of the rare Star Wars Fan Film trophies featuring golden droids C-3PO and R2-D2. The maker of the top movie will have the exceptional honor of receiving the George Lucas Selects trophy, chosen by the moviemaker himself.

Those who enter the Star Wars Fan Film competition and are chosen as finalists will have their movies played at Star Wars Celebration IV in a dedicated track each day of the show. What?s more, the best movies of the competition will be recognized at the Fan Film Award Ceremony, scheduled for Sunday, May 27. Always memorable, often full of surprises, the ceremony will honor the top movies of the competition, and feature presenters from the industry, including representatives from Lucasfilm. Stay tuned to www.starwars.com/celebration for updates on where to submit original movies for the competition.

Celebrities from all six movies of the Star Wars saga, as well as from the Star Wars television and video game arenas will be attending Celebration IV to greet fans, take part in panels and question and answer sessions, and many will be signing autographs. Official Pix, the licensed supplier of authentic Star Wars autographs will return, and are expecting to bring an even larger group of celebrity guests for their Celebration Autograph Hall. The company brought 34 guests to Celebration II, and 41 to Celebration III. Lucasfilm and Gen Con LLC have set aside an even larger area to accommodate autographs for Celebration IV.

Star Wars Celebration IV is a party created by Star Wars fans for Star Wars fans, and fans will play a massive role in making the 30th anniversary celebration unforgettable. Just as one example, the R2-D2 Builders, a group of fans who construct their own movie-real models of droids from the Star Wars saga, are planning a spectacular display. The droid builders, who created star attractions and events at both Celebrations II and III, have even greater things in store for fans, including building panels, a parade, and the XXtreme Droid Challenge. The Builders have plans to get fans attending Celebration IV to get into the action, too.

?Fans will have a chance to test their skills as an Astromech operator at the first ever Drive-A-Droid Trivia Challenge in the Fan Fair Hall,? says Jason Smith, coordinator for the worldwide R2-D2 Builders at Celebration IV.

Don?t miss the Star Wars party of a lifetime! Register for Star Wars Celebration IV at www.starwars.com/celebration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.