main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - One Stop Shopping - Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenofNaboo2

QueenofNaboo2 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2007
    I know there was a tattoo contest at C3 and I just read in the Insider that there will be one again at C4. How do I sign up for this? Is it a pre-register type of thing like the pageant or do I sign up somewhere in the convention center?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks! @};-

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    No word on this yet at all, I'm afraid.

3. ROTS_fanatic

ROTS_fanatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    How much does a plane ticket from Vancouver to Los Angeles cost?

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    You could check with all kinda of search engines for the prices on airline tickets. You can also get info. from airline sites directly, that is how I ordered my tickets.

5. ROTS_fanatic

Feb 6, 2007
    I just searched Google for Los Angeles maps because the interactive map won't load on my computer.
    Does anyone have a map of the Convention Center with restaurants, hotels, banks etc. indicated on it?

6. ksherkid

ksherkid Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2007
    Go to the official site for the convention center--there is a ton of info!

www.lacclink.com

7. ROTS_fanatic

Feb 6, 2007
    Actually, I'll just take a look at it when I get there.

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I was wonder, are there any stores near the CC or Downtown that are specialized in stylish, tight fitting menswear currently popular in the U.K.? The stuff bands like Franz Ferdinand and Muse wear.
    Very slim cut suits, thin ties, tight fitting shirts and pants, a typical color palette of black, white and reds.
    Are there any stores where I can find such clothes at a decent price? The cheaper the better.

I would appreciate any suggestion. Thank you.

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't think you'll find anything downtown. You can try window-shopping at Ted Baker on Robertson Boulevard in west L.A. or any place on Robertson, and the head over to Melrose Boulevard for a look-see. Bloomingdale's may have something, one in the Century City Shopping Center and then the flagship one at Beverly Center. You're gonna need a car....

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I double-checked the fashion district downtown (i.e., Santee Alley), but there is little info on men's clothing, so I hesitate to recommend it. But it is downtown, so you could start there and see if you can find anything. It can be a kind of culture-shock, so be prepared. Oh, and bring cash and be prepared to bargain. It's expected :).

Walk East on Olympic Boulevard to Maple Avenue, then down to 12th and up to 9th Street. Go early in the day -- but don't go on the weekend. It'll be crazy crowded.

11. fallenjediorih

fallenjediorih Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2005
    I did a search for Costcos in the general area located near the Staple center and found these 3 addresses to be sorta North and nearest to the Staple center.

My question for anyone living in the area - which one would be the easiest to get to?

Costco
    2901 Los Feliz Blvd, Los Angeles, CA

2207 W Commonwealth Ave, Alhambra, CA

1345 N Montebello Blvd, Montebello, CA

Also how about Ralph's at 2600 S Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA - fast good location to get to?

Thanks for any help...

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    The one on Los Feliz Boulevard, in the Atwater area of Los Angeles is the easiest to get to. Just don't do this drive at 5 in the afternoon :).

From downtown, take the 110 Freeway north (towards Pasadena)
    Stay in the left lane, as you will be merging left onto Interstate 5 (towards Sacramento)
    Los Feliz Boulevard exit off the 5, turn right, go about a half mile and you'll see the COSTCO center on the left.

Getting to the Ralphs on Vermont is all surface streets, so it takes a little longer. It's where USC students go to shop.

13. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Is there a Kinko's within walking distance of the Omni? :)

14. fallenjediorih

fallenjediorih Jedi Master

Mar 27, 2005
    I think there are 2 in the general area is located at:

Fed Ex Kinko's Office & Print 835 Wilshire Blvd # 100, Los Angeles, CA <-- nearest to Omni I think
    and
    Fed Ex Kinko's Office & Print 2723 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA

15. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Does anyone know if there is a Wachovia bank in the area where the Sheraton is or the convention center itself?

16. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    There is a Wachovia bank office at
    333 S Grand Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90071
    (213) 337-2191
    (in downtown LA) - about 10-11 blocks from the Convention center.
    - it's in Wells Fargo Plaza.

from the convention center, go north on S Figueroa, right on 4th, left on S Grand.(walking directions only)

to drive, you might need to take S Fig up to 1st (turning right) then right on S Grand.

the next nearest branches are in Beverly Hills (no ATM), Glendale (w/ ATM) and Downey (w/ ATM).

using the ATM locator on the Wachovia site, it doesn't list the downtown LA spot, so it might not have an ATM - if you want quick cash, Glendale or Downey are closest.. or just eat the ATM fees and use another machine.

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    OP, are you looking just for shipping services or full service? The closest FedExKinko's shipping service is at 330 South Hope Street, in the Wells Fargo Building. However, this location is closed on Saturday and Sunday (and probably Monday, too, because of the holiday).

If you're looking for a "full service" location the 835 South Wilshire address is closest, just under a mile away. I have a feeling, though, that it will be closed on Memorial Day.

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    That is not a branch for banking. That is the international division office. The only Wachovia branches are in Beverly Hills, Glendale and Downey. There are no branches downtown.

19. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    I just need to be able to print off my price sheets and stuff, so I just need someone who can print a colour letter sized sheet from a PDF.

I arrive on Tuesday afternoon so I'll be able to get my printing done. Woohoo!

Thank you :)

20. CloneTrooper1020

CloneTrooper1020 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2007
    For the movie marathon, does anyone know if Episodes IV, V, and VI are going to be the special edition versions or the original versions? Just curious, I'll enjoy either one since I've never seen the OT in a theatre.

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im sure it will be the 96 Special Ed since Lucas doesn't like the original versions any longer.

22. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Freinds & Family Coupons

It says on them you can use them to gain entry to the fan day. My question is. Does the family/freind have to use the coupon with a 4 day badge to get into it or can they use a one day bagde.

I ask as the only way Hyperspace members could go to fan day was if they bought a 4 day badge.

23. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    The friends and family have to have 4-day badges, too.

24. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    2 Questions:

Some friends and I are coming to L.A. some days before C4 and we are planning to visit Sea World in San Diego.
    Does anyone know long long it will take to go there by public transportation?

Is there any other sensible way of going there besides renting a car and driving ourself?

Thanks

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    You could take Amtrak to the downtown San Diego station and continue on to the Sea World bus stop -- here's a link:
    Amtrak. It takes three and a half hours total.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.