main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - One Stop Shopping - Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    OK, thanks a lot.:)

2. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    I am sorry if this question has been asked before but, does anyone know if the hotel key cards will have special Star Wars themed ones like at CIII?

Just curious.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    No one's mentioned that -- it will be a surprise for when we get to L.A. :)

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I guess this has been asked before, but how dangerous are the streets in the area? Since me and my friends aren't staying at an official hotel there wont be a shuttle bus to it, the closest official hotel is 350 meters away, according to map24.com, and if it's dark and you go on a shuttle to that should we take a cab those last meters or can we walk there?

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    There is no problem with the streets in the area.

6. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Maybe I missed this. Has info been posted yet about the daily shuttles to/from the Convention Center and the Fan Club hotels? Thanks.

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Not yet, unfortunately.

8. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Thank you. :)

9. jediblender

jediblender Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2007
    Ok if we have a quick pass for the store do we only need to stand in line at the time on the pass or do we have to stand in line for hours upon hours? Thanks.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, hopefully it won't be hours and hours :). The quick pass ticket is supposed to forestall that, as only a certain amount were sold for each time period. But since this hasn't been done before, we can't really say how it'll work.

11. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I don't know...I've come out of Staples after 11pm and had problems. It's worse if you're a few blocks east of Staples (I'm really scared over there, like where the Mayan is). But I think if you're in a pack, you're safe. Whereas I'm always on my own, so it freaks me out.

12. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well this day and age there is no where in the world thats safe at all so you just need to think twice about what you do, like for example drawing large sums of cash out of a machine and wave it around everywhere is not a good idea or the most common one being from london is making sure your bag zip is not undone or overly exposed in crowded areas as there are some crafty pickpockets around.

13. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I am sure that if any one of us here saw anybody being bothered or hurt , there would be a garrison of brothern to "jump" in and help. Dont worry , with 50,000 SW famaily members around at least 20 hrs a day , I think it will be pretty safe. + the police will be down there like crazy im guessing since they know we will be down there 24/5.

14. Ysrossko

Ysrossko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2006
    Steve Sansweet told the Forcecast that the shuttles will run 24 hrs a day.

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    And to that end, speaking of "safe streets" -- a big city attracts all elements, this is true. If you're worried about it (and I don't think you should be, but that's just me) come right out of the convention center and get onto one of the shuttle buses and go to your hotel. You won't be walking the streets then :).

Yeah, there are parts of downtown that are dark and scary. There are steets like there in my hometown of 30,000 people. It is what it is. As has been mentioned, there will be thousands of people milling around, down at the convention center. No one will mind if you "attach" yourself to one of the groups. They'll probably be glad to meet you, honestly.

16. ferpsihas

ferpsihas Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2007
    I think you should just take a few precutions like not being alone on the streets at night and not to have a lot of money on you, be with a group if you can, things like that!

17. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    What are the operating hours of the Millennium Falcon ride at the California Science Center? How much does it cost?

18. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Thanks everyone for the comments on downtown at night. Since the shuttles are 24 hours, that makes me feel a lot safer (I thought I'd be on Hill St. post-midnight having weird dudes offering me rides again).

Is that still happening? I thought that exhibit ended in late April. I remember it was $2 for a ride, though.

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    The Falcon is still there for a little bit longer. Not sure of the hours, though, and there's nothing on the website. The California Science Center is open every day from 10 AM to 5 PM.

20. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    1) Do we know where the Will Call packets will be distributed and where we should line up for them? (Near the West or South Show Gate?)

2) What time will the main convention doors at the West and South lobbies be actually opening each morning? I know will call packets can be picked up as early as 7:00am Wed-Friday and 8:00am Saturday-Sun - but I'm not clear if that is also the time the doors will open.

3) Anyone know where the "North Terrace of the West Hall" entrance for the C4 Store is located? Am I correct in assuming this entrance is separate from the main convention entrance so that they will be able to keep that open for 24 hours while keeping the rest of the convention closed at night?

21. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    yeah speaking of entrances, where do we line up?

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    1) don't know.
    2) my guess is that the lobbies will be open at least by 7 am to let people in for will call. the exhibition halls and such will open later.
    3) the north terrace may be an outside area on the north side of west hall, above a parking level. if it is this outside area, there are doors that would lead directly into some of the large rooms of west hall, presumably where the store is. they might not need to 'close' the convention center at night, but merely just the exhibition floors and meeting rooms.

23. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I got a registration pack with some info, but no badges (dumb gencon). Anyway, there are 2 main entrances people with badges can enter the convention through. West Show Gate (outside West Tower Lobby) and South Show Gate (outside South Tower lobby). They are the arched shaped things on this map. http://www.lacclink.com/pages/shared/meetingSpace/

Or if you look at this photo of the convention center, see the arch shaped glass entrances on the left and right side of the photo?

My question is, this convention center is so big - which of these two entrances is for will call pick up/line up?

24. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    my GUESS is that since the South Lobby has much more room (there's a long wide hall just south of the main south lobby), that most of the registration lines and will call will be in the south lobby area. but again, that's just a guess based on the size of the lobbies.

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    According to the information I have, the Will Call booths will be set up in the South Hall Lobby. As jawajames says, this area is very large and has plenty of room. This link to the LACC's Virtual Tour will give you a "bird's eye" view of the space: Virtual Tour

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.