main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - One Stop Shopping - Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Hyperspace is the same thing as the Official SW Fan Club. Members of Hyperspace get special benefits including exclusive admission to the con on Thursday, May 24.

More info here

2. Darth_Beagle901

Darth_Beagle901 Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2006
    Wow, thanks for the speedy reply. That's good news. I wonder if the membership requirement applies to each person. My wife and I share a membership to Hyperspace, do you think we would both have to have individual memberships to be allowed in on Thursday?

Cool getting an answer from you, Aayla, we met the real Aayla Secura at SWWE in 2005 here in Florida. Amy Allen was really sweet and we really enjoyed a chance to talk to her for a couple of minutes.

Thanks again for the info.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If the format follows the same as in previous Celebrations, there will be "family passes" to go with being a Hyperspace member, allowing family members entrance privileges. We'll see when they make the official announcement.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    If you are expecting to be shown "exclusive treatment" once you become a Hyperspapce member at C4, don't hold your breath. Nothing was exclusive at C3, and my guess it will be the exact same way at C4. The only "perk" if you will is the early admission day on Wednesday. But with the four green "Friends & Family" passes that each Hyperspace meber gets when they order their admission badges (used for non-FC members), there will actually be MORE non-FC people attending the "exclusive" early opening day than actual FC members.

We were promised "jealousy-inducing" treatment for C3. But that never came true.

5. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    there were a lot of things that sucksed about CIII, but thee were also a lot of great things. I agree that the Hyperspace memberships didn't do the people that had them any good. Whatever, having an entire day will be great. It's still going to be crowded, but at 1am when you are in the store for less than an hour, you will be glad.

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Oh I agree totally, C3 rocked on so many levels. But the missing exclusivity was a bummer, considering all the hype it got on the Star Wars website.

The first thing I did to combat the insane lines was head right for the C3 store first and foremost. We got on line and made sure we bought everything that we wanted on Day 1 while inventories were the highest. And that will be the course of action again for C4.

7. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm going at like 1 or 2am on friday morning

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm gonna try and hit up the store the second it opens, especially since I am so close staying right at the Fig.

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Oh yeah? Well I'm going 11 or 12... right before you! So there.

10. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - then both of you guys better save me a spot in line!

11. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    yeah seriously...I will even get the Starbucks for a place in line up close to the front....
    I def want to get all my shopping done early so that I stand in line for the autographs and such.

12. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Yeah, last year I didn't care about the autos, but this year I want to get them. I think it's cheaper than getting them online. Plus I can get my picture taken with the celebs. Or some guy who helped make Jabba the Hutt move that I really don't care about. Or some hot chick that was in the movie for 11 seconds. Or some little kid who was in episode I who is now 20 something. HAHAHA!

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Getting your pic taken with the celebs is something that I've always loved. It is so much more personable and authentic than just ordering a print online with their autograph on it, or even having them sign a pic for you in person.

I am looking forward to getting quite a few pics with the stars at C4.

Man, I can't freakin' wait...

14. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    It's gonna be sweet.

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    The two of you sound like your quoting lyrics to Def Leppard songs.

16. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    Early admission day is Thursday, May 24th, not Wednesday.

Also, to clear something up about the Friends and Family passes: These are "one time use only" passes that are (hypothetically) collected at the door. So if you want to get your wife in early* every day, you'd have to use one for every day.
    In reality: I got in early at C3 and had my F&F pass ready, but no one took it, or even looked at it. I tried to give it to the 501st volunteer at the door and he was just dumbfounded. I also went into the Hyperspace lounge a couple of times, no one ever questioned me. So, you shouldn't have problems getting your wife in.

The only time I ran into a problem at C3 was middle of the afternoon on Saturday when it was snowing and a different 501st volunteer made me walk the other half a block to the non-fan-club door, even though both doors were supposed to be admission for everyone after 10 AM or whenever it opened to Non-Hyperspace public. I was pissed. I am from Texas, we don't do snow.

*At C3, Hyperspace members were let in at 9 AM and general public at 10 AM. (or was it 8 and 9? I was there at 4 AM either way.) Don't know if they're doing this again.

17. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Pour some Padem on Me, oh in the name of love, pour some Padme on me.

18. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    [face_laugh]

Aren't you a little young to be "quoting" that one!

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Let's get back on topic, shall we? This is an "Official Thread," a place for answers to questions.

20. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    My husband and I are contemplating taking our son with us to CIV next year. So far our plan is to leave him at home, but the challenge is the babysitting. During C3 we left him with both our parents & we were very thankful that both parties had the flexibility to arrange their work schedules for a whole week in order to watch him.

I really don't want to do that to them again. My son is now 3 years old and is becoming more of a challenge to watch because he tries to do EVERYTHING.

I would like to hear from fans who have experience with bringing young children to Celebrations. Some questions I have are:

1) Were the kids entertained at all? I did not pay attention at C3 when it came to kiddie activities.

2) How did you find time to go see some of the shows? I can't imagine young kids being patient enough to wait in those lines.

3) Did you regret bringing your young kids?

My son will be 3 years & 8 months by the time C4 happens.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

21. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    For C3, did Hyperspace members get first dibs on tickets (and hotels)? I'm asking because my membership will likely end tomorrow, even though I've already renewed and emailed them about it twice. So if this has any effect on my C4 plans, I'm gonna be more than a little PO'ed.

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I just went over the (September 22, 2004) post on the Official Site that talks about registration for C-III, and confirmed that Hyperspace members did not get to register early. All Hyperspace membership did (for C-III anyway), was to ensure you got the special lanyard. The Hyperspace Friends & Family passes were available if you purchased a full, 4 day pass. Not that that mattered, either, nobody was checking.

23. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Cool, thanks!

24. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    HOWEVER, you will not be able to attend the convention on Thursday, My 24th if you are not a Hyperspace member. So you'll probably need to be a member to buy admission for that day.

25. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Or get a friends and family pass. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.