main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official Thread* - One Stop Shopping - Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I just reserved tickets...I dont know why it is saying the max had been made. I hope the computer is not messing up, but then again, knowing GENCON...lol

2. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    because you can only get 1 ticket per person, once you have booked your ticket the message changes to max limit reached for you...but not for the event.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Ah, I see now. Thanks for the info!

4. LadyKeira

LadyKeira Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered.

I have already purchased my 4 day pass and I'm a hyperspace fan club member. My friend who is going to C4 with me has a 4 day pass pre-purchased but is not a Hyperspace member. Can my friend use one of my friends and family coupons to get into the fan club only day on Thurs. May 24? Or does each person need to have a fan-club lanyard to get in on Thurs?

I need to be sure before then so we don't show up on Thurs. and not both be able to get in.

Thanks

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I believe you need the lanyard - however, your friend can always opt for the 20$ 6 month HS membership - I did! [face_blush]

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Sorry if this has been asked before - I didn't see a thread for Volunteering (other than Official Pix) and I'm confused about volunteering with GenCon vs. volunteering with the costuming groups (RL/501st/JA).

If you volunteer via RL/501st as a costumer, do you still have to register with GenCon and fulfill the GenCon time commitment (minimum 20 hours)?

7. LadyKeira

LadyKeira Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2006
    Oh, that's a great idea. I didn't know you could get a 6 month membership. I think that might be the solution. Thanks for the info.

Edit: I just went to SW.com to check that out and the only thing I see for $20 is the international membership. Am I missing something? Is there really a 6 months membership for American fans? :(

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    No idea, Jedi Trace. You'll have to go to GenCon and ask that question! Email Adrian at adrian@gencon.com - I'm sure she'll be able to get you an answer.

9. morpheus1977

morpheus1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    I dont see why your friend could not use a friend and familey pass they are for any body you want to give one two just because they alrady have a regular 4 day pass does not mean they cant us a F&F pass

10. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok, I have not heard back from GenCon so maybe you guys can answer a question for me:

I purchased mine and my husbands movie marathon tickets, however, we have two small kids with us. There is no way to register a child online, nor is there a button to get additional tickets. So, will my children be able to attend the movie marathon with us? If not, I guess we will not be going to the marathon.

Thanks!!!

11. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Ok I just wanna make sure...will they be selling tickets "at the door"?

12. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I imagine they will be selling tickets at the door, they did at C3. However, at C3, at around noon, and people were still pouring into the convention center, they stopped selling tickets because the center was capped. They are only permitted to sell a certain amount of tickets because of fire hazards and among other hazards.

However, we are talking the Staples Center and it is much bigger than Indy was, so maybe the numbers are much higher. I would try to pre-purchase the tickets if you can, I dont know much more about tickets because I always buy the lanyard.

Anyway, hope this helps you, have fun!!!

13. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Well pre-registration is over so I guess I'll have to chance it.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    No! You CAN still pre reg - you just have to pick up your badges at Will Call instead of having them mailed.

15. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    At where?

16. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I think its too late to pre register your badge as it says below april is there time to process the badge orders and ship them out.
    On Monday, March 30, at noon (PST) we close our online registration system and you can no longer purchase badges online. We use the month of April to process and fulfill all of the badge orders we received during the pre-registration period to ensure everyone receives their order in a timely fashion. Once the pre-registration period ends the next time badges will be available for sale is at the show at the onsite prices.

Here are the onsite prices which thinking back to C3 when I went to pick my badge up people were heading down to the convention centre the day before and buying them at another booth.
    4 Day Adult Badge $125
    4 Day Child Badge $55
    Friday Adult Badge $45
    Friday Child Badge $25
    Saturday Adult Badge $45
    Saturday Child Badge $25
    Sunday Adult Badge $45
    Sunday Child Badge $25
    Monday Adult Badge $45
    Monday Child Badge $25

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm not sure they have quite cut it off yet. I was able to use an old GenCon account to put a four day badge in my "shopping cart." Maybe the cutoff will actually happen tomorrow, when everyone at GenCon goes back to work :).

18. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    When I took my nephews to C3, I registered them under my address and email address, just using their names. We didn't end up doing anything that required special passes, but I could have gotten them the C3 party pass that way.

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Does anyone know how much Alvin's exclusive C4 poster is going to be?

20. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    The price of the CIV poster has not been announced. I believe the official C3 poster done by Joe Corroney was selling for $10 at the store (I could be wrong, but $10 rings a bell with me). So my guess is the CIV poster will go for that same amount.

And remember - John Alvin will be signing his poster for free at his booth. :)

21. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    If you volunteer via RL/501st as a costumer, do you still have to register with GenCon and fulfill the GenCon time commitment (minimum 20 hours)?

Yes. All RL/501st costume people MUST register through GenCon to get any of the benefits. You don't have to do 20 hours, but the minimum for any of the benefits is 20 hours.

At where?
    Will Call is an area that will be set aside somewhere in the LACC (likely at the entrance) where you go to pick up your passes if that is the option you selected or were given. You 'will call' on them to get your badges. ;)

Can anybody local try and get in touch with the LACC business office about their shipping hours for the Memorial Day weekend and whether it can be used by people other than exhibitors for shipping stuff out? My inquiries have not been answered yet and its been over a week. It would be appreciated. Thanks :)

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll call 'em.

23. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Appreciate it :)

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Just called the L.A. Convention Center business office. I've been referred to one of their meeting coordinators, who's out of the office until tomorrow. I'll call her back then and see if I can get some info.

Just an FYI -- not that any of you are planning such a thing (because who would want to carry it LOL), but the shipping office will only accept boxes that weigh less than 100 pounds. So don't plan on putting that life size Chewbacca in one box -- they won't ship it :).

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I guess that leaves out the block of carbonite too :p

Thanks Val :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.