main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

1. Darth Maul is awesome

Darth Maul is awesome Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 1, 2014
    Could I change my username to Anakin Vader? I just feel ready for a change

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    That name is taken, I'm afraid. If you click on Members up top, there's a search facility on the Members page. You can use that to check if a name is taken.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  3. Jâd Sphera

Jâd Sphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Hello!
    I would like to change my user name to JadeSphera
    Is it possible?
    The reason is that I want to have the same pen name I use for my work in other writer sites, so everything is the same.
    Thank you! :D

4. Liam_x7

Liam_x7 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2020
    Hello, Im a new user here, I would very much like to change my name to Darth Ezu
    If possible? Its my sith name I use, I would really like to rock my sith name along side my avatar picture.
    Thank you.

5. 3sm1r

3sm1r Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 27, 2017
    @Liam_x7
    Are you sure you really want to be yet another Darth something ? It's virtually half the people in the forums :p

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2010
    As a brand new user, you're better off just making a new account. No name changes have been processed since 2017. The name change process seems to have been abandoned, and I don't know why.

Dandelo likes this.
  7. Dandelo

Dandelo Chosen One star 10

Aug 25, 2014
    they put a compressor on the xenforo servers ;)

in all seriousness, it's probably because too many people are asking for a name change when they've literally just been here a day :p
    and has been mentioned previously it seems a bit of a stress for the servers to handle for whatever reason.
    Though this is conjecture on my part.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Sadie Erso and PCCViking like this.
  8. Ice Cream Cakes

Ice Cream Cakes Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 24, 2020
    Hello!

When I signed up I added a "s" to my username by mistake. Are you able to change this to "Ice Cream Cake"?

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2010
    See my post three posts above. There hasn't been a name change since 2017. Just create a new account with the desired name and forget about this one.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett PT Interview Host/All-Around Good Guy star 10 VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    I am actually curious about this. Why does it seem like name changes used to be easier. Back in 2014 when I got my name changed it took about a day total from me asking to getting it changed.

Has something changed on the software side or whatever to make it harder or was it always really a hassle to change your name?

11. Dandelo

Dandelo Chosen One star 10

Aug 25, 2014
    lol

I seem to remember LAJ-FETT saying it's not as simple as it appears and they do it in bulk rather than one at a time.
    I dunno I'm sure it's here in one of the 38 pages

Ice Cream Cakes likes this.
  12. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    Hello, can I please change my name to Raxisa Prima?

Reason: My name makes me cringe because it contains a typo (syferdias instead of Sifo-Dyas), and it was also created before we found out that he was real and not, in fact, a lie. Raxisa is a name that I have used on many other Star Wars-related accounts. Thanks!

13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Hi, could I please get a name change too Mister Foxhound? I've long since fallen out of love with the anime my current username came from and this would make me more recognisable in both Twitch and Playstation Live, including Star Wars Squadrons. If Mister Foxhound is not available, I'd happily settle for Mr Foxhound, Mr_Foxhound or Mr_Foxhound_NL.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    The "simple" solution is to re-register under the new name but that's not really a good one because it starts you back at ground level as far as replies and likes received and trophies. And if it's tied to a particular e-mail address, you have to link the new name to a secondary address.