main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oh. My. God.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghent42, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I know this isn't Star Wars Lit.
    Has everyone heard about the World Trade Center collapse? I was in school, in band when the teachers brought in a tv, and turned it on right before the second tower collapsed. Talk about horrible tragedy.

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
  3. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    words cannot describe how terrible this is :(

4. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    This is a tragedy of catastrophic proportions. I am numb with shock. I live in New Jersey and the thought of what happened a mere hour away gives me the chills. Seeing the footage of the planes slamming into the Trade Center, the giant disintegrating in a cloud of dust, was like seeing the Titanic go down or the assault on Pearl Harbor. This is like waking up from a bad dream only to find out it's real. This is surreal, like a bad movie. My God. Pray for the families. We have not heard the end of this episode. excal

5. CertainPoint-of-View

CertainPoint-of-View Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2001
    My whole office has been glued to the tv and radio all day.
    When we find those responsible, we should crush them, grind them up and blast them into oblivion! :mad:

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I was shocked and horrified by today's events. :(

7. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I saw both towers fall live. My heart has been in my throat all day! Words can't express my anger, since I am a pure-blood American patriot. This is a day that will change our lives forever...

On a SW note, anybody notice how this is like the terrorist attacks in Krytos Trap.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  8. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    I too, live in Northern New Jersey about 15 miles from NYC. After school, I drove up with a few friends to the highest point about a mile away to see what we could see, and jesus, it's one of the most horrible things I've ever been witness too.

I have numerous friends and fellow students who have family members working in the towers. Some made it out, some...they don't know yet.

This is the 21st century's Pearl Harbor.

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    This is worse than Pearl Harbor. This wasn't a freakin military tarket. This was the heart of the world's greatest city.

10. corrancob

corrancob Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    This is going to change a lot of things.

I am fortunate enough in my office that they have had had footage going all day on a big screen TV in the cafeteria.

Cowards. I'd be surprised if bin Laden actually stepped up and accepted responsibility for this... and I'm "relatively" confident that he is.

The repercussions from this are going to be felt for a long while, I suspect...

I agree with the previous post. Wipe them out. All of them... less they think that they can actually do something like this and get away with it.

11. Ghent42

Apr 19, 2001
    On another star wars note, Remember "New Rebellion"? The senate place was blown up by terrorists.

12. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    Maverick i hope to god everyone you know will be okay! my thoughts are with you.

13. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Thanks Vergere, I appreciate it.

Scary times we live in, huh?

14. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "This wasn't a freakin military tarket."

The pentagon was....:(

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, good point about New Rebellion. Eeerie..

Anyhow, screw the WTC. Think about the bombing of the Pentagon. That's an act of war. Somebody's gonna get set up the bomb for this. A laser-guided one, that is.

16. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    My dad was in new york at the time of the crash. I found out at school and spent most of the morning balling my eyes out and wondering if he was okay or not. I went home early to find that he had called and was just fine. His flight was diverted the night efore an he eve laded anywhere the trade building. No words taht I can think of can describe the both horror and relief that I have experienced today.

17. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I think everybody would agree, pacifist or not, terrorists should be destroyed across the globe. Israel, Northern Ireland, Chechnya, the Balkans, Central Africa, and now the US. It has to stop.

This is only the beginning...

18. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    This is a tragedy of monstrous proportions. The only thing that I can think to say to all of the people who may have lost friends and family members is, may what ever helpful beings you believe in (supreme or otherwise) be with you.

God forgive me? but? May the Force be with us.

19. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah. Wow. :( I actually went online just now to see if there would actually be a topic about this in the Star Wars lit forum. That's just how big this thing is. I don't think anyone will really mind that this is extremely an off-topic subject. I was thinking today how nothing really truly historical up til now has happened in my lifetime, so this is really...I don't know. I don't know how to explain it but I've found most people's feelings about this are the same. There just aren't words to describe it. I mean, the *Pentagon* got attacked for the first time ever ,and Washington D.C was evacuated and the WTC destroyed and no one knows what is going to happen next.

20. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    i think it' sick. I don't live in your country, but i know it's awful.

21. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Jesus, WTC bulding 7 just fell.

22. Ghent42

Apr 19, 2001
    Ya, I just heard that too. I don't know much about the WTC, I thought there were just two buildings. Is building 7 a lower level of one of the big ones?

23. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    This is a really big disaster... I can only hope this won't degenerate in a situation ala Hand of Thrawn (sorry to pu lit into this). And let the victims rest in peace.

24. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yeah i think there are many other surrounding buildings of the WTC, the twin towers were just symbolized the whole.

25. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    and not only that, but the palestinians were HAPPY when the WTC collapsed...

we never cheered when they were slaughtered... but I think we will now.

My top four suspects are Osama Bin Laden, Palestine, Iraq, and Cuba (in that order)

Holy Mother of God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.