main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OK, maybe I'm way off base here....

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Cetera, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Wouldn't it make sense to keep this thread open until everything is fully resolved? Locked threads often give off the appearance of finality, and perception counts for a lot, particularly on an internet message board

True, but the thread had basically been resolved. The administration had their say. The members just moved onto little debates that werent doing anything to resolve any outstanding matters. LMM had not given any real indication he was going to say something. The thread therefore had no real purpose anymore.

But now...LMM shouldnt has opened it to say something.

although perhaps LMM should have only opened it until he was actually ready to post.

2. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    he opened the thread 30 minutes ago, and we have yet to hear anything.

i don't think it's unreasonable to ask what is going on, and why it was re-opened. posting and keeping it open is reasonable because it's waiting for a response. but opening and then waiting to post doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

3. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    [image=http://www.daisydownunder.com/images/wshatner10.jpg]

My friends, I have been here since 1999.
    I have carved my niche at this place by being
    me, Lord Mauly Mall. I have gained
    a reputation through years of experiences
    most of them I am glad to say were
    pleasant.

Over the past three years I've given you discussion, pictures, art, music, sounds, videos, and vision.

I'm not PreacherBoy or Padme Bra or Dehrian or Fatboy Roberts or Vertical or Sil or Sturm or Chyren or solojones or Simone or Darth_AYBABTU(thank god) or GCC or JMT or Grilled-Sarlacc or Cetera or Liz Skywalker or GriffZ or Sapient or Dagsy or citizen-tom or Gay-LenKenobi or wstraka5 or MaidenLumpé or Pizzathahut or Amidala Starkiller or KnightWriter or Josh Griffin or Scott Chitwood or Carter or DarthOutletMall or ...and Just for Maul or DarthMaul13 or countless others.

I'm Lord Mauly Mall and I'm here for a reason. Are you?

Recently I've closed your threads, banned your trolls, created your banners, well actually I've been doing that for a while too and taken all your crap. And I don't like it.

Am I immune from rules? No. In this case, yes. Why? Because this is essentially my thread. If I want to spam my own thread I feel I have the right. Spam your own thread. I could care less. But this thread became mine by page 2. I was even going to rename this thread LMM'S LYNCHING but I didn't. I have respect for the original author, however wrong I think they might be.

So look if you want my head on a platter, forget it. Hate to disappoint you folks but I'm actually valuable around here. Are you? Would you be missed? I've contributed and distributed more content over the years than most of you could dispense in a lifetime and it hasn't stopped! So let me do my thing.

Is that being arrogant?

Hello, what do you expect from a 32 year old Star Wars geek named LORD Mauly Mall. Geezus my hole persona is based on an exclusive elit group known as the Sith, folks. So do yourself a favor and don't stress yourself out about technicalities and worry about when it's your golden time in the spotlight. Because, oh yeah it'll come if you stick around.

Forget me, I'm disappointed in a whooole bunch of you out there right now and believe me, I never forget. That's the sad thing about all this. You're dissing me out in the open like this and you get excited about it! Like yeah this is the reality thread for the day to loiter in. Well I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Now get a life. Grow up. Do whatever it takes to see beyond any of this so you realize how pointless it is.

Are you trying to stop me from being me?
    Lord Mauly Mall:
    TFN staff member
    Artist team

Most importantly, have I hurt anyone here today or yesterday or the day before?

Have I ever banned any one of you to make you think so low of me? Oh wait D_A aside, anyone else? None of this is arrogance, my friends. I just know who I am and I know how important around here I am. I also know how to articulate my thoughts in coherent patterns to develop communication.

Two closing points:

-I want the person who happens upon this thread to read every word of mine in both threads and tell me what the real problem is.

-Count exactly how many times I've apologized in this thread. Yes that's right, apologized for being me, Lord Mauly Mall. And brush your teeth.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have my own thread in Community about component video cables I need to reply to.

|_|\/|\/|

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
  5. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    That's it. I said my piece. I'm re-locking this because it's gone too far.

Simple as that.

May the Force be with you.

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    For some reason I feel like that made things worse.

7. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    There's no more good that will come of this. The administration will have a discussion and respond on the situation with regard to LMM here.

Topic locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.