main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Ok...Who's going to help me get a FF Chapter started in BC?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Hmmmm how about the Brotherhood of the Wolf? Or maybe Queen of the Damned? I'm only free on Fridays and Saturdays, though my schedule's flexible so I can work things around. :)

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Anyone in the Kelowna area wanting to see Black Hawk Down with me? Didn't think so. :(

I don't bite... much.

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    It died out here...

Hello...lets start a chapter out here!!!!!!

Lets Go!!!!

4. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I updated the list. :)

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    FYI: Flt_O_Cory_Dekker lives here in Victoria, as do Varona and Sir_Liam and Rani Veko, also here on the boards. :) We all know each other, and Qui-Dawn Jinn as well. We see e

I travel over to the mainland every couple of weeks doing kid exchanges: I'd love to meet some of you guys in person, and a movie at Metropolis or Station Square Saturday day (the 2 of March) would work for me... any takers?

There's even a sushi place at Metrotown with a ten dollar all you can eat menu...

PM me if you are interested in chatting Star Wars and the whole Fan Force concept, and maybe catching a movie as well!

Hope to meet some of you guys soon!

*Derisa*

6. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I updated the list again...thanks _Derisa_Ollamhin_.

I didn't add Varona or Sir_Liam only because they don't look like they are active on FanForce.

Any chance you can get them to come back?

7. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *Whoa*! Just wait a minute here! We have this actual Victoria contingent and yet we're still not getting *together*?! What about our own fan chapter, i.e. a local one....what about even meeting in person? Wouldn't that be nice? I'd sure think so! :) So really, what's the deal here, I think what's what we all want to know....what *does* it take? That's all I'm wondering! Agh!

Mildly frustrated, but slightly encouraged,

Dawn.

8. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I've been asking for this to happen for weeks now...CITY REP POSITION IS UP FOR GRABS.

Who will be the one to step forward and become a leader? Plan an event and I'll post it for you.

Also if you want to talk to me, or ask for help, I'm on ICQ or MSN. I've added some of you already. My addy's are in my profile.(Just tell me who you are.)

9. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    I'm all for a FF Chapter!!!

I've been off the net for quite a while now, but I am back now, and more brimming with ideas than ever.
    Somebody tell me this is happening, i'm not just having moist dreams... My apologize to the clergymen out there for my less than PG sense of humour... I've been talking for Qui-Dawn sporadically for months and I'm interested in getting together with anybody able, to make a Fan Film to show Canada, or the world, or even Big George how we do it here in BC. If anyone is interested in collaberating on this, let alone the FF Chapter, keep the posts rockin... Hope to hear from you all soon...

Lightsaber11

aka Nolan, 19, Victoria

10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Two more names for you: in Vancouver and surrounds: Fazelj Tyl lives in Vancouver proper, he's 30. He's not very active on the JC, but he's a big SW fan (Imps especially) and has done some fanfic and collabs. I'm sure he'd come out to the occasional event, anyway.

As well there's Darth Mentos (the Sithmaker, tm), a very funny sod, in his late twenties, out in Chilliwack or thereabouts. He's on from time to time, and might be interested in taking part in the occasional thing too.

I guess the thing for me is, I don't want to be *organising* anything (having risen to the level of my own incompetence as far as such things go...) but scribble me into whatever contact list you have going for the actual events themselves, in Victoria and possibley Vancouver as well, since I do make the monthly trip over the water to spend time with friends and family.

*Derisa*

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Darn it! I'm going to Vancouver in a few hours, and I could have arranged to meet a few of you. Now it's too late. :(

12. orryn

orryn Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm goin to see the opening night SW Ep.II In the Coquitlam Silver City :D Hope to see ya there!

13. Jedi_Hermione

Jedi_Hermione Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I live two hours from Kelowna.

14. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, as of tonight, Victoria, B.C. is an official FanForce chapter.

Many thanks to Young Jedi Niagara for his patience and guidance, and for posting notices of our meeting for us.

Credit also goes to the membership (so far) of our chapter, in alphabetical order: Claire, _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Kelson, Master_Dao_Rin, Qui-Dawn, Rani Veko, Sirliam, and Varona. If it wasn't for those who have been showing up to our first three meetings, Victoria wouldn't have a FanForce chapter at all.

Yay, Victoria, the Canada's first FanForce chapter West of the Great Lakes!

- Rani Veko

15. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Id be game for this...
    Im going to see AOTC out at Colossus... cos Im house sitting in Langley at that time... otherwise Im from NorthVan!

16. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I live in Maple Ridge, and am interested.

17. Blue_Yoda_Forever

Blue_Yoda_Forever Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2002
    Yeah I am also in Vancouver

18. Jedi_Stratus_X

Jedi_Stratus_X Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    I am In the vancouver area...Mission i would love to join but im not 2 sure what an FF is??
    well it'd help if u could let me know thnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.