main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay people, whatever you do at C3, please wear deodorant!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Glymmer, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I can't express how important this little fact is. After two days in the Indianapolis Convention Center at C2, the place started to reek of B.O. I know it's hot and I know you're wearing heavy costumes, but please take a moment for good personal hygiene and for your other fellow Star Wars fans that will be standing right behind you for many hours in the same line.

That's all I am asking!

2. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    hahaha amen, sister!

you think C2 was bad, go to any star trek con. makes C2 smell like roses ;)

3. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    why IS it like a thing about guys and CONs...bathing and personal hygiene...VERY important!

Thanks for saying something DG!

4. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    you think C2 was bad, go to any star trek con. makes C2 smell like roses<<<

Actually, you're wrong. Many Trek fans, just as much as any other kind of fan can be clean or filthy; it depends how that person is.
    I've actually smelled more gross odors these past few years then when I was in my 20s and went to cons in '70s-early '80s.
    My husband and I take showers every day and he plans to bring deododerant and air out his underarmor, plus bring a change of underarmor, along with Fabreeze.
    If you smell someone and it looks like they've been wearing the same clothing for two days in a roll, suggest nicely and politely, and with tact, maybe to buy another shirt and pants at the nearby mall. It's for their benfit besides all others.
    JMD

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Oh and fabreeze your costumes if you wear them more then once... cant stress that enough.

6. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    As a sci-fi and comic con attendee for years I know exactly the type you're referring to. Many have been preaching this to them for years - sadly I think the ones you're trying to reach just don't get it.

Word of advice - if you're ever at a comic convention steer clear the .50 cent bins....

7. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I am so glad this has been brought up for discussion.

"An Open Letter to the Aromatically challenged attending C3"

1. Bathe before arriving at the venue. If you're living in your car, find a public restroom. They usually have soap and paper towel. Not top of the line, but better than nothing.

2. Change clothes. Daily! If you must wear something again, for the love of God, wash it!

3. Make sure you wear deodorant. Put it anywhere and everywhere. Any place you think you might need it. Make sure all potentially stinky areas are washed. If you're unsure where & what these are, please ask someone. They WILL tell you.

4. This is fair warning should you not follow the above rules: Should you smell like a decomposing skunk slathered in limburger while getting a perm and I get stuck next to you and I puke, I'm aiming for you. It's nothing personal, but as you are the cause, you shall feel the effect.

It's a simple request. One that does not cost much to fulfill.

Sincerely yours,

The Attendees of Star Wars Celebration 3

Thanks and May the Force Be with You!

8. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    simply remember at least the two following rules..

easy as 1-2

1 shower a day.
    and
    2 meals a day.

doing without would just be silly.

9. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    "An Open Letter to the Aromatically challenged attending C3"

[face_laugh] That was classic.

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    amazing how simple a plan...yet how hard it is for some. ;)

11. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    And one common cause of the malodorous mass... Alcohol escapes from the pores as well... So, shower AFTER you sober up, mostly ;) 'Cause if you think regular BO is bad, try Blood Wine soaked BO [face_sick]

12. BobaThrowsaFett

BobaThrowsaFett Jedi Master

May 4, 2004
  13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh] @ this thread

[image=http://www.spastica.net/stuff/ozzfest/deodorant.jpg]
    Friends don't let friends stink up C3.

Breathmints should probably be required as well.

14. darthhomeboy-G

darthhomeboy-G Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2005
    i willmake sure, i willsmell ssssso darth and sweet as honey!!!

15. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow yes. If you stink, I will avoid you like the plague. So please please bathe and stuff.

16. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Will somone let me know if I start stinking? Just sorta let me down gentle. I'll do the same for you.

17. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    You have my word.

We should all carry around pieces of paper cut to look like the pine tree air fresheners. If someone hands you one, you know you need to freshen up.

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Ewok shaped... I can't imagine they were terribly pleasant to be down wind of ;) [face_laugh]

19. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    That would be a good souvenir.

20. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Actually, I am glad you posted this thread. It never occurred to me that my robe might need a little ?freshening? over the 5 days I will be at the con.
    The tip about the Fabreeze is priceless! I added Fabreeze to my list of things to make sure I pack in my suitcase

Another tip
    I always bring shower-to-shower body powder with me on every trip to keep those areas other than the underarms that tend to sweat nice and fresh

21. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    How about a series of PSAs to combat 'Geek Malodor Disorder'?

Long shot: A greasy haired, unshaven male in his mid 20s poring over a gaming manual. His glasses have the stereotypical geek tape on one of the arms. His clothes are dirty and haven't been changed in a few days.

Voice-over by James Earl Jones: "Timmy is a level 12 Paladin, level 15 Jedi Master, level 13 Orc Warrior and level 5 Half-elven Scout. He would seem to have it all right? Wrong. The one thing he's missing? Friends."

VO, con't: "Timmy has Geek Malodor Disorder." (A green, hazy special effect appeares around Timmy) "It causes people and animals to be repelled by his noxious scent."

Long shot: Timmy walking down the street. Dogs, cats and squirrels run away in fear. Birds drop from the sky, dead as he passes. Parents are seen taking pulling their children off the streets as Timmy approaches. Crying children and crashing cars can be heard in the background.

VO: "Do you know a 'Timmy'? Someone with poor personal hygine and no friends? Please donate soap, deodorant, colognes & perfumes, towels and wash cloths. Together we can help the Timmys of the world. Thank you.

(Fade to black)

22. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    craigrr! I LOVE IT!

23. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    I think someone needs to get started on the fan film for this...

24. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    too funny!!

craigrr - hopefully you haven't missed your calling. You gotta follow some of these ideas up man!!!

25. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Thanks, everyone. Especially Darth Glymmer for pushing me to post the idea.

That is a thought. Our fan force group has been bouncing around ideas for a fan film for a little while now. Somehow I doubt I'd be able to get James Earl Jones to do the voice over though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.