main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay people, whatever you do at C3, please wear deodorant!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth_Glymmer, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Sorry - but with all this talk of sleeping in line and lining up for hours after a night of drinking, I thought this thread deserved a much needed *bump*.

Those Lucas panels are gonna be pretty ripe...

2. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Sorry - but with all this talk of sleeping in line and lining up for hours after a night of drinking, I thought this thread deserved a much needed *bump*.

Those Lucas panels are gonna be pretty ripe... <<
    Won't be me--I always take a shower at night--I can't see going to bed--smelly!
    Take that shower once a day as should, whether before bed or morning, underarm deoderant, and brush teeth, and gargle. Plus keep breath mints or minty gum on you to chew or eat.
    JMD

3. 4ways2rock

4ways2rock Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    No way! I always take a shower everyday but I think for the GL occasion I will totally geek out and look like I've been in my moms basement playing Halo for 2 days straight so I can truly say I've had the complete fanboy experience!!!

4. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    In the name of all that's holy, please don't do that. Us SW geeks get a bad enough rap as it is.

5. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    OH MY GOSH! LOL 4 pages about BO at the con! man. what a great read!

<<And please, no breaking of wind in the lines. All it does is circulate and hit everyone in the face. >>
    [face_laugh] [face_worried] :eek: :rolleyes: [face_sick]

[face_whistling]

[face_not_talking]

LMAO ! "aint dat da truth!"

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    This thread scares me :p

7. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Are you frightened? Not nearly frightened enough. I know what smells haunt you. (apologies to the LotR gang)

8. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Whats really scary is that I'm going to hit up BW3's one of those night and I just know I will have gas the next morning. SSSOO, If you get a wiff of something that smells like hotwings, you know I'm around.. [:D]

9. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Welp, there goes any planned trip to Hooters. Beano is your friend.

10. Fitz1970

Fitz1970 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Why don't we all chip in and buy an assortment of Axe or Red Zone body sprays? Then we could get a tray that hangs around the neck like the old-time cigarette girls used to carry. Then we could take turns carrying the tray and walking around spraying the stinkers.

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL... you guys get axe I'll have to be there to catch a wiff. Love that stuff.

As for the gas thing, seriously there's some great stuff on the market that prevents that kinda thing.

12. Lone_Gunman

Lone_Gunman Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love the idea of the body sprays. We've kicked that same idea around for my local con. You just don't want to go anywhere near the game room on a Saturday... [face_sick]

It's been my experience that, depending on the weather, two showers and two changes of clothes per day during a convention is not too much to keep the envirionment olfactory friendly. :) [face_peace]

13. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    How will we get the message out to non-board using folk who'll show up!

Something has to be done about them!

14. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    We could hand out buttons. I knew I should have made some.

15. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    We should all carry cans of spray deodorant. Not for ourselves because we will NOT stink. We will all be fresh as a field of daisies. There will however be those who smell like a slaughter house sewer. We can thereby be good citizens and perform a valuable public service by spritzing the stinky (is it just me or does that almost sound obscene?).

16. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Everybody read the back of their badge....

Oooook, I'll quote it here, "We reserve the right to deny entry or remove from the Event facilities any person who in our sole and absolute discretion is behaving or threatening to behave in a manner which we reasonably considers to be disruptive of the Event."

Ahem, (I'm having too much fun with this) so having said that, spraying lysol/febreeze/etc is for local fanboys/girls, not 501 members; removing the stinky people is implied in the 501st's mandate. :p

Patience....for the Star Wars fan it is time to bathe as well. I'm am wondering, why are you stinking here (in line). Stinky responds: I'm looking for some deodorant. (clean fan holds out some deodorant to the stinky) Looking? Found some you have, i would say.

Why must you be stinky, hmm? The stinky responds: umm, mostly to gross out the clean people to leave so I can advance in line, like my friend here (moves out of the way to expose the stink master.....and then 10,000 clean Star Wars fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly knocked out)...Powerful stinker was he, heh-heh powerful.........

17. audiogirl21

audiogirl21 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2001
    ok just wanted to check in.... i personally didn't encounter any "questionabley smelly" people, and i'm proud to say that Sat, after lucas, and walking around, i was so sweaty, i REMOVED myself from the building.;) thank you.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There was a bit of a malodorous aroma in the air while waiting in line for the 8 minutes of film foootage. Luckily, the line moves pretty fast.

19. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Amidst the throngs of thousands that I was stuck behind in various locales inside the convention center, I was only in too close proximity of two truly malodorous people, so I guess I got off lucky.
    Especially since I forgot to bring a can of lysol with me, LOL

20. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I did notice it a bit on Saturday. Because of the cold weather outside they cranked up the heat inside. I think that caused a bit of a problem with all of the bundled fans.

It could have been worse! I am proud of you all!

21. DarthLove-a-LotBear

DarthLove-a-LotBear Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    I think ppl used (including myself) good hygene this time but manners were another thing. WHAT DID YOU PEOPLE EAT!? There were bathrooms at every corner, just wanted to point that out.... I think some people wore diapers b/c of the long lines....mentioning no names.

22. jediadigallia

jediadigallia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Vaders, you must have been in the same line I was. Holy cow. I kept smelling my coat, thinking it had gotten wet somehow and had started to ripen. When we all got up to move into the ballroom for the footage, I realized that it was actually the guy in front of me that stunk so bad. I went the total opposite direction that he went to find a seat. As I'm waiting for it to start, I notice the guy next to me smelling his coat. I looked around and guess who was sitting just to the left and in front of us? Yep, the stinky guy. What are the odds?

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    For one person I met, I don't think deodorant would have helped nearly as much as a nice shower.

24. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    I won't describe (because you'll all know who it was) the person that was in front of my friend and I....they had to have been thrown up by Sarlaac pit....how embarrassing, hee-hee...how embarassing.....I mean, talk about ripe..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.