main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Old Demons Die Hard - *Winner for Best AU and Best All Around; Tied for Best Ensemble!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by p_stotts, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I think Xan is referring to his fear that Qui-Gon will die before he can make peace with him. Unfortunately, neither man is willing to expose himself to the other. :(

You got it! Just a bit of foreshadowing there.:D

Thanks, Karen. Read on for more.

[face_blush] Thanks! There's much more to come. However, this next post marks the end of part 2. Never fear! Part 3 is soon to come!

I wasn't so much trying to trick you as to show that deep down Qui-Gon still thinks of Xan as his padawan, albeit former padawan. Of course, he'd never call Xanatos that when he's awake... or would he? ;)

[face_blush] :D Gee, thanks! I'm loving every moment of your story as well.

Well, looks like the 100th post is mine. Congratulations to me! [face_dancing] Chapter 8 is short, but it wraps things up nicely for now. Part 3 is soon to come. In the meantime, enjoy!

Chapter 8 ? Farewell For Now

Qui-Gon walked into Xanatos? room in the healer?s ward to find him sitting up in bed with a serving tray in front of him containing a bowl of something steaming. The strong odor nearly made his eyes water. Blood Chowder? I wouldn?t put it past the healers. Blood Chowder was known for its restorative properties, especially for recuperating patients. Although he?d never tasted any, he once heard Mace describe the taste as bantha poodoo.

Xanatos swallowed a small spoonful of the soup. A sour expression crossed his face and a shudder ran through his body.

?Is the food still as good as I remember??

Xanatos glared at him. Instead of answering, he took another spoonful of soup, squinted, and shook his head. ?Gods, this is vile!?

Qui-Gon took the seat near the bed. Half of him enjoyed seeing Xanatos so disconcerted? the other half wanted answers. ?Master Yoda tells me that you know who was behind this attack.?

He sneered at the chowder and said without looking up, ?You wouldn?t believe me if I told you.?

Qui-Gon sat stiffly in the chair by the bed with his arms crossed. ?Try me.?

Xanatos placed his spoon on the tray a

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Ooh, wow, that was great. Loved the dialogue. Awesomeness! Can't wait for more. Xan's turning out to be a very, very interesting character.

- Serena

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great dialogue and I'm looking forward to part three

4. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    [face_hypnotized] Wow! I think that Xan is under deep cover and is still a Jedi. Yoda knows. I'm also wondering if a young Tatooine native is going to be making an appearance[face_praying]

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Okay, now get yourself busy and start posting Part 3...surely you wouldn't torture your readers by making them wait too long for the next part of this incredible story!

Great job!=D= =D=

6. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Isn't he though? [face_batting] There's much more to come!

Well then, here you go! :D

Not sure about that one yet. Probably not, as he didn't show up in the previous version of this story... but Xan and Anikan interacting might be interesting, especially as master and padawan. Anikan could never pull something over on Xan, because Xan has done it all before, and I somehow suspect that Xan would see straight through Palpatine or at least know to keep Anikan away from him. Anyway, here's the next chapter in this saga.

No need to get pushy! 8-} You know I never keep you waiting long. So sit back, relax with [face_coffee] and enjoy.

Part 3 - ?Old Demons, New Demons, Demons in the Dark?

Old Demons, new demons, demons in the dark,
    Under the bed, in my head, demons in the park!
    Uptown, downtown, all around the square,
    Twenty more at the door! Demons everywhere!

- p_stotts

Chapter 1 ? Something Out of Place

Bzzzzzzzz!

Obi-Wan sat straight up in bed, his heart pounding. ?What? who?? After a second or two of half-awake confusion, he tracked the obnoxious sound to his com, which currently set across the room on his desk. He sent a Force wave at the thing that knocked it to the floor but unfortunately didn?t turn off the alarm.

Barely resisting the urge to slice the thing in two with his lightsaber ? besides which, Qui-Gon would lecture him yet again on the proper use of his weapon ? he stomped across the room, snatched the thing up and pushed the off button on the alarm a bit harder than necessary. It made a whining beep sound as if protesting the abuse and went silent. With a sigh of relief, he climbed back into bed and snuggled under the covers.

?Time to get up, Padawan.? Qui-Gon poked his head in the door. ?Don?t forget you have classes this morning.?

Obi-Wan cracked open one eye and stared at him. ?Yes, Master.?

Qui-Gon walked toward the bed. ?I said up, Obi-Wan.?

Not wanting to be tossed out of bed, Obi-Wan jumped up. ?I am up, Master.?

Qui-Gon gave him a ?sure-you-are? smirk and headed down the hall to the kitchen.

Somehow, Obi-Wan resisted the urge to stick his tongue out at his master?s retreating figure. Besides being an extremely childish reaction, he knew that somehow Qui-Gon would know and give him extra meditations or some such crap. He knew this because he'd done something similar when he was fourteen? and Qui-Gon hadn?t even been in the room at the time. He still remembered the muscle cramps that resulted from the hours of katas he?d performed until Qui-Gon deemed them perfect.

Obi-Wan stretched his arms above his head with a yawn and winced at the twinges of pain in his joints. They?d returned from a training mission the night before after a particularly grueling march that unfortunately coincided with the mating season of the Annaji Chromofly ? a swarm of thousands of females vying for the attention of one male. Five hot showers later and he still had anal secretion clumped in his hair.

A hot shower may not get rid of the goop, but it will feel good on my sore muscles. Yep, just the thing to ease these tired bones.

**Really, Padawan, stop complaining and get ready before you?re late for breakfast, let alone class. **

**MASTER! A little privac

7. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    *gasp* Obi!! I think someone poisoned your drink! NO NO NO!!!!

I hate cliffees - but seeing as how I do the same, I understand completely. ;)

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
  9. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Oh No! This is not good. Was it even Xani sending the message.[face_worried]
    What if someone is trying to get Xan to turn by using Obi-Wan.

You're a Master at Cliffie's, Master.o_O=D=

(Huh! Some fun on the beach, it rained all weekend.:oops: )

10. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    Wow, I have finally caught up on this and I love the twists and turns of wondering if we can trust Xanatos or not. I still would love to know the whole back story on what Xan has been up to - sounds like he's been busy.

Anyhow, I have this horrible feeling that someone is going to try to get to Xan through Obi-Wan and I am certain Xan is going to beat himself up about this.

11. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Only you would be so devious to start with a cliffie...good think I would never do that![face_whistling] Great job, my friend!

12. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    I just started reading this and I have to say that it's awesome!

Poor Obi - he just doesn't pick up on the danger vibe very well it would seem. I have an awful feeling that Xan and Obi are both about to be in a whole lot of trouble. And I sincerely hope that Qui-Gon doesn't get himself killed trying to save them, buckethead though he is at times.

Love the fact that Xanatos is playing undercover agent for Yoda and the Council - he seems like the type who would be very good at it. Can't wait for more!

13. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    All I have to say is [face_skull] [face_skull]. Other than that, here's the next chapter. :cool:

Okay!

That is something you seemed to have learned very well from me. However, they're not very fun when you're on the other end of them. But when you're the writer...[face_skull]

*insert Yoda voice here* So certain you are?* :D Keep reading to find out if you're right or not.

Uh, I think you need a few [face_liarliar]'s in there. ;)

I think GL and company really missed the boat with Xanatos. He could have been so much more than a two-dimensional bad guy. Alas, I must settle for my own take on things. Thanks for reading and welcome! Please let me know if you'd like me to add you to my PM list.

Chapter 2 ? One Missing Padawan = One Worried Master + One Perplexed Friend

Qui-Gon sat back in his favorite chair with a sigh. These interminable Council sessions would one day be the death of him, he was sure. He thought back over the debate he?d just had with the Council. Closing his eyes for a moment, he rubbed his temples in an attempt to dissipate the tension he could feel forming behind his eyes. Force, Mace! I don?t see how you could get anymore stubborn!

The buzzing of the com unit signaled an incoming communication. Happy for the distraction, he got up to answer it and was surprised to see Obi-Wan?s Advanced Jedi Philosophy teacher on the other end and-- judging by the way his eye stalks stood straight out sideways on either side of his head -- obviously irate.

Qui-Gon nodded to the holographic image. ?Master Q?aan, how may I be of assistance??

Master Q?aan returned his greeting with a terse nod and a sharp ?Master Jinn, I wish to speak with Padawan Kenobi if I may.?

One of Obi-Wan?s teachers addressing him as Padawan Kenobi usually meant the boy was in some kind of trouble. Qui-Gon frowned. In this case, he couldn?t think of anything Obi-Wan could have done to put his teacher in such a bad mood. ?I believe he?s in his Astro-Physics class right now.?

Master Q?aan?s blue lips pressed together in a hard line before he replied, ?No, he is not; nor was he in my class earlier this afternoon.?

Qui-Gon?s eyebrows shot up in surprise. Obi-Wan was to have presented the findings of his research today in Master Q?aan?s class. The boy had worked on the project for months. ?This is highly uncharacteristic behavior for my padawan. As you know, he?s usually very responsible ab

14. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    truly amazing. I love your story.

15. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ooooooh, Obi-Wan needs to be rescued. It must be Tuesday. :p But it is such fun to rescue him. [face_mischief] I guess Qui-Gon and Xanatos have a common goal for now.

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Amazing and I can't wait for more

17. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I'm SOSOSOSO sorry for not replying sooner! DRL came in the form of end of year exams...

Wow! So much has happened since I was here last! Great chapters, all of them. I'm glad Xan's ok.

Please let him save Obi!

Thanks for the PM!

18. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    Ooh, there's an update! *Does a happy dance*

Poor Qui-Gon - must remember not to strangle little green trolls, no matter how meddling they are. And no word from Obi-Wan this chapter - in this case though, I'm thinking no news is not good news. Please do add me to the PM list!

19. Magier

Magier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2007
    I think Qui-Gon took that well, considering ...

I can see Palpy setting a trap. It is possibly he suspects that Xanatos has a soft spot for Obi-Wan since he's been spending so much time with him and wants to test Xanatos.

Both Xan and Qui need to be very careful.

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Ooh, wow, way to go Xan! I'm rootin' for ya, buddy!

- Serena

21. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Xan is back in town. Now they just have to find Obi-Wan
    Kill Sidious and live happily ever after.[:D]
    See! it's easy.:p

=D=

22. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Thank you! Read on for more.

It is a lot of fun to put him in different situations and let Qui figure things out.:D *Obi-Wan glares at me with his arms crossed* Don't look at me like that. It's not my fault you're a magnet for trouble. 8-} Ahem... as I was saying, Qui working with Xan, common goal or not, will not be a smooth operation.

:D

I forgive your lack of attention, Lolly. DRL rears its head at inconvenient times -- like right in the midst of my story. 8-} As for who saves Obi, well that's a matter of perspective. Read on!

I'll be glad to add you to my PM list. From you icon and name, I think I can safely assume who your favorite character is. I must admit, I've got a soft-spot for that dark-haired rogue myself. ;)

I don't think Palpy wants to test Xanatos so much as he wants to get him out of the way. Read on for more!

Xan's too stubborn to quit what he starts, which is a good thing in this case.

Sorry, Padawan, but things are never that easy for our favorite Jedi... and our favorite ex-Jedi. :D

Chapter 3 ? Mysterious Reappearance

Qui-Gon stood in the hanger bay watching the Shadowed Blade make its landing. As the engines powered down, the landing ramp hissed opened. There in the doorway stood Xanatos, dressed in black with a smirk on his face. He smiled when he saw Qui-Gon and walked toward him. ?Hello, Master. I tried to stay away, but I guess the Force had other plans.?

Hermano stepped out the door and led Patri down the ramp.

Qui-Gon ignored Xanatos? barbed greeting and nodded to the other two. ?Hermano... Patri... it?s good to see you again.?

Patri inclined her head. ?It?s good to see you as well, Master Jinn. I only wish the circumstances could have been better.?

Qui-Gon allowed the genuine warmth and respect he had for Patri to show on his face. ?As do I.?

Xanatos cleared his throat. ?Enough of these pleasantries, Qui-Gon, we need to talk.?

Qui-Gon scowled at him. ?We can talk in my quarters. Hermano, Patri, would you mind getting something to eat in the Temple dining hall? We can drop you off on our way.?

Hermano glanced at Xanatos, who nodded. ?Of course, Master Jinn, that?s very kind of you."

After leaving Hermano and Patri at the dining hall, Qui-Gon led the way to his quarters.

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Yaya! Go Qui and Xan!! They need to have a sit-down and talk about their feelings. But wait, they're guys. Guys really don't do that. So it's hopeless. *shrugs and sighs* :p

Great chapter, Peg!

- Serena

24. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Is he dead? :p

Thanks for the PM!

25. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great update and can't wait for more :)

Thread Status: